Sign in to follow this  
SansFin

Quotes and Exchanges from Television Programs

47 posts in this topic

Black Adder II

"The path to righteousness is strewn with cow pats from the devil's own satanic herd!"

Blackadder: To you Baldrick, the Renaissance was just something that happened to other people, wasn't it?

Bishop of Bath and Wells: Never have I encountered such foul, mindless perversity. Have you considered a career in the church?

Baldrick: Have you got a plan, my lord?
Blackadder: Yes I have, and it's so cunning you could brush your teeth with it.
  • Like 1

The Doctor: You’re going to fire me at a planet? That’s your plan? I get fired at a planet and expected to fix it?

Rory: In fairness that is slightly your M.O.

The Doctor: Don’t be fair to the Daleks when they’re firing me at a planet!

When military leader Octavian is questioning Dr. River Song concerning The Doctor's reliability:

Octavian: Dr. Song, I’ve lost good clerics today. You trust this man?
River: I absolutely trust him.
Octavian: He’s not some kind of mad man then?
River: I absolutely trust him.

Oswin: I’m Oswin. What do I call you?
Rory Pond: Ah, I can’t remember. Ah… Rory.
Oswin: Lovely name, Rory. First boy I ever fancied was called Rory.
Rory Pond: Okay.
Oswin: Actually she was called Nina. I was going through a phase. 

The Dalek are an alien race which is primarily concerned with exterminating all living things which are not Dalek. Rory Pond meets a damaged Dalek which is operating at very low power.

Dalek: Eggs- Eggs- Eggs- Eggs- 
Rory Pond: Eggs? (He sees balls on the floor.) You mean those things?
Dalek: Eggs- 
Rory Pond: I don’t… I don’t know what you want. Those things? Are those things eggs? (He picks up a ball) This? You want this?
Dalek: Eggs... ter… min… ate! Exterminate! Exterminate!

Amy Pond has been exposed to a type of alien infection which will transform her into Dalek puppet:

Amy Pond: How does it start?
The Doctor: With your mind. Your feelings, your memories, and I’m sorry but it’s started already.
Amy Pond: How do you know?
The Doctor: Because we’ve had this conversation four times.
  • Like 1

Abe: Even for a man who died and then spent the night in jail, you look like crap.

Dr. Henry Morgan: Thank you, Abe. But I assure you I look exactly the same every day. Although, that still may be like crap.

Forever, Episode One, 2014

Instant orange juice, that's when the rot started to

set in. The mid sixties Dragnet is still one of the

unintentionally funniest shows ever. Dumb da dumb

dumb.

A slight departure as these are not from television programs:

Pib: Why have you been trying to kill me?

Dru: Because it is the way I am.

Pib: I hate unassailable logic.

Dru: When all the powers of the cosmos are thrown catastrophically awry, when sentient life forms that are the stuff of legend hang in the balance, pitting good against evil in a battle that may signal the end of all life as we know it ... I always forget the popcorn. Why do I always forget the popcorn?

http://www.gocomics.com/pibgorn/2011/2/7

Instant orange juice, that's when the rot started to

set in. The mid sixties Dragnet is still one of the

unintentionally funniest shows ever. Dumb da dumb

dumb.

We just LOVED that show because of that.  It was so "out of it" when it came to modern culture.  Like those plastic baggies of pot closed up at the top and sealed with a twist tie instead of being rolled.  :D

And y'all know my affection for GRACIE ALLEN, so this is from a recent viewing--A man is asking Gracie for some personal information:

Man:  "Do you come from a large family?"

Gracie: "Oh, no.  My Father was the largest, and he was only five feet nine."

Man:  "I meant, is there a lot of people in your family?"

Gracie:  "Why, they're ALL people!  What a silly question!"

Sepiatone

We just LOVED that show because of that.  It was so "out of it" when it came to modern culture.  Like those plastic baggies of pot closed up at the top and sealed with a twist tie instead of being rolled.  :D

And y'all know my affection for GRACIE ALLEN, so this is from a recent viewing--A man is asking Gracie for some personal information:

Man:  "Do you come from a large family?"

Gracie: "Oh, no.  My Father was the largest, and he was only five feet nine."

Man:  "I meant, is there a lot of people in your family?"

Gracie:  "Why, they're ALL people!  What a silly question!"

Sepiatone

Dragnet in the 1960s was a hoot. I recall one episode where Joe went

to night school and some of his fellow students started talking about

pot. Busted.

Remembered this cute exchange from BONNIE HUNT'S short lived sitcom "Life With Bonnie" 2002-'04----

She played the host of a local Chicago daytime talk show.  in one episode, her doctor husband, trying to quickly find an anniversary gift at an airport gift shop and trying not to miss his flight home, buys her a flannel nightgown three sizes too big.

Giving the excuse that he didn't have time to go shopping somewhere else better and saying, "It looked like your size so I picked it up."

She holds the tent in front of her asking, "Really?  I look THIS size to you?"  And he says he didn't have time to unfold it and look it over, and some silence follows.  Then their 11 year old son's friend from across the street, Frankie, comes in and asks what's new.

Their son says, "My Dad thinks my Mom's fat."    Frankie says not to worry because, "It's no problem because you got money."

When Bonnie askes, "What's that supposed to mean?"  Frankie tells her-----

"My MOM says you can afford  to lose a few pounds!"  ;)

Sepiatone

Doctor Who episode: Blink

Doctor: Listen, gotta dash. Things happening. Well, four things. Well, four things and a lizard.

Interesting:   after it plays the video it shows other choices and they must be custom to me since they are mostly about guitar. 

Just wonder:  does it do this for everyone?   (but of course it shows choices that 'match' your interest).

Below is one of the choices it showed me:  (PS:  and I don't agree at all about this top 10 list!!!,  ha ha).

17 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Interesting:   after it plays the video it shows other choices and they must be custom to me since they are mostly about guitar. 

Just wonder:  does it do this for everyone?   (but of course it shows choices that 'match' your interest).

Below is one of the choices it showed me:  (PS:  and I don't agree at all about this top 10 list!!!,  ha ha).

It displays for me: a clip from Mr. Bean, a foot shower, a DIY cement art-craft, a clip from Twin Peaks, an exercise and a clip from a television show which is not named and which I do not recognize.

Your results will vary greatly if you are signed-in on YouTube and/or Google. We do not sign into either of those as they taint search results and make finding things much more difficult.

40 minutes ago, SansFin said:

It displays for me: a clip from Mr. Bean, a foot shower, a DIY cement art-craft, a clip from Twin Peaks, an exercise and a clip from a television show which is not named and which I do not recognize.

Your results will vary greatly if you are signed-in on YouTube and/or Google. We do not sign into either of those as they taint search results and make finding things much more difficult.

I don't 'sign-in' to YouTube or Google,  but I do use them and when I 'search' in YouTube most of the time I'm looking for jazz guitar videos.     I understand that 'cookies' are used to store info about my 'taste' (even with me auto-deleting 'history' each time I exit).

PS:  and yes,  I'm using Chrome. 

Do you use Chrome? Google believes that it knows what is best for you and so Chrome will not delete all cookies which it generates. You need to use a stand-alone program such as: CCleaner to remove most. It is not perfect because Google/Chrome can create indexed items which are not recognizable as cookies by other programs but which work in the same manner.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

It's based on what you watch (you don't have to have an account for YT to recommend you stuff based on what you watch. For me, it displays an ABBA music video, some Red Army Choir songs and a documentary on Ernst Junger.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gershwin fan said:

It's based on what you watch (you don't have to have an account for YT to recommend you stuff based on what you watch. For me, it displays an ABBA music video, some Red Army Choir songs and a documentary on Ernst Junger.

For me it recommends some compilations of old TV show intros, a feature-length documentary on the cinema of Andy Warhol, and Gammera the Invincible!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Eureka (2006-2012) pilot episode:

Colonel Briggs: I don't like this town. I think it's a powder keg, and I think you people get off on playing with matches.

Taggart: I once tracked a polar bear across the Arctic tundra, dived with great whites off The Barrier Reef, hunted with the prides of the Serengeti, but none of it even begins to compare with what that animal's put me through. [pauses, laughs a little] It's not "just a dog", Marshal. It's the devil himself. [walks off]

Marshal Carter: Oh, yeah. He's stable.

Doctor Who episode: "Twice Upon a Time" (2017)

The Captain: Is this madness? Am I going mad?

The Doctor: Madness? Well, you're an officer from World War One at the South Pole, being pursued by an alien through frozen time. Madness was never this good.

The Doctor: Oh! It's not an evil plan! I - I don't really know what to do when it isn't an evil plan!