Sign in to follow this  
HoldenIsHere

BLUE DENIM

235 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2019 at 5:09 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

“And NOW you want me to reveal that Celeste is Montana’s MOTHER??!?! Would you please explain to me how that works? What age did she have her at 5? 6? 7? WHEN?!?!?!”

" . . . I don't feel quite right in a turban!"

Soapdish.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

He was part of an ensemble cast in a movie (HUD) where everyone else was nominated, and two of them won. this hurt him badly and i think crippled his self-esteem, maybe even fed industry perception he was lacking somehow. MELVYN DOUGLAS did not appear when he won BEST SUPPORTING, but he did allow DeWilde to accept for him (and BRANDON looked adorable)

around this time he also did an episode of ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS about two brothers who seek shelter in an abandoned mansion that is, i think, guarded by animals...I remember cringing at parts of his performance, it is just "off"- I don't now what was going on during the making of this, but it seems like his director was not looking out for him.

I think you're referring to the "Pigeons From Hell" episode of THRILLER (aka BORIS KARLOFF'S THRILLER). I watched it a few years ago and watched it again tonight.

capturfiles_772.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

I think you're referring to the "Pigeons From Hell" episode of THRILLER (aka BORIS KARLOFF'S THRILLER). I watched it a few years ago and watched it again tonight.

capturfiles_772.jpg

HOW COULD I FORGET A TITLE LIKE “PIGEONS FROM HELL”?!?!?!

(Thanks for the correction.)

Really though, aren’t all pigeons “pigeons from hell”?

• Thanks 1

Ps- Do you kind of see where I’m coming from when I say DeWilde’s performance is off in the episode? I mean I love him, and he was a terrific actor, but there is a scene where

His brother dies and he reacts to it, and it’s just not right. And I know he could do it right, either the director didn’t know what he was doing and asked him to do it wrong or he was sabotaging the performance.

I've been scouring the internet to find opening night reviews of Carol's performance in Blue Denim but turned up next to nothing (I'm not subscribing to the NYTs archive), but I did come across interesting facts about the theater, Playhouse Theater on West 48th.

Following Blue Denim, it housed The Miracle Worker, Never Too Late (Paul Ford and Maureen O'Sullivan) and The Impossible Years (Alan King), all long runs and made into movies.

It can be seen in The Producers.

It was razed in 1969 to make way for office space attached to Rockefeller Center.

• Thanks 1

The last thing I remember seeing Brandon in was some NIGHT GALLERY episode.  Can't remember the year, and never did get any chance to see his last movie("Wild In The Sky") released three months before his death.  Was it any good?

Sepiatone

IMDB calls it Black Jack. I don't remember either title. Couldn't find reviews aside from TV Guide's ONE STAR. Probably played the drive in circuit. SAD.

Oh, it's an AIP release, so there ya go.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sorcerer's_Apprentice_(Alfred_Hitchcock_Presents).

The AH episode that never aired during its initial run

Now I’m wondering if I confused  the two and it was actually “the sorcerers apprentice” where I saw the weak performance from DeWILDE. 

I’m getting old. 

I'm sure you'd remember the ending though, if you'd seen it! He  doesn't have a brother in the AH episode.