Sign in to follow this  
DownGoesFrazier

Who was in all 5 films?

785 posts in this topic

Very well-done, Princess of Tap. It is Katherine Dunham. I thought that one would have been more of a challenge! :lol:

It's your turn now.

CA--

BTW--I studied dance in Chicago and Katherine Dunham was a Chicago Dance Legend.

A great dancer, choreographer and dance instructor just to name a few-- one of America's original Dance artists--

Katherine Dunham

I worked with Miss Dunham once, when she was in her 90s. Amazing woman -- really inspirational!

• Like 2

I have just discovered Irving Bacon.

(By the way, so far the only film that I've seen of Katherine Dunham's is "Stormy weather."   She has certainly done some fine work, as a dancer, an instructor, and a choreographer.   I did catch a hint of her acting when I saw a short film that she starred in: "Carnival of rhythm".    It was impressive.   In her role in this short film, she reminded me of Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich.    There was so much remarkable dancing in it, and it was lovely production.   It was shown on the Classic Arts Showcase on television.    What I wouldn't give to be able to purchase a VHS or DVD of it.)

I have just discovered Irving Bacon.

(By the way, so far the only film that I've seen of Katherine Dunham's is "Stormy weather." She has certainly done some fine work, as a dancer, an instructor, and a choreographer. I did catch a hint of her acting when I saw a short film that she starred in: "Carnival of rhythm". It was impressive. In her role in this short film, she reminded me of Greta Garbo and Marlene Dietrich. There was so much remarkable dancing in it, and it was lovely production. It was shown on the Classic Arts Showcase on television. What I wouldn't give to be able to purchase a VHS or DVD of it.)

CA-- You might catch an old Kennedy Honors award show because she received one awhile back.

I always enjoy Irving Bacon in Holiday Inn-- I thought he and Walter Abel had to carry that one, when nobody was singing or dancing. Also I've seen Irving on I Love Lucy.

CA-- You were pretty good with that one! It's your turn.

CA-- You might catch an old Kennedy Honors award show because she received one awhile back.

I always enjoy Irving Bacon in Holiday Inn-- I thought he and Walter Abel had to carry that one, when nobody was singing or dancing. Also I've seen Irving on I Love Lucy.

CA-- You were pretty good with that one! It's your turn.

Thank you very much, Princess of Tap.     Since it's nearly Christmas Day, I'll make this next challenge a treat:

"Inside Daisy Clover"

"Dolores Claiborne"

"The fall of the Roman Empire"

"The sound of music"

"International Velvet"

Thank you very much, Princess of Tap. Since it's nearly Christmas Day, I'll make this next challenge a treat:

"Inside Daisy Clover"

"Dolores Claiborne"

"The fall of the Roman Empire"

"The sound of music"

"International Velvet"

CA-- A hint please

Good work, Swithin.    I thought that one would be an easy one.   I hadn't expected anyone to find it difficult.

Right then, Swithin.   It's your turn now.

Exodus

Henry V

Separate Tables

Victoria the Great

The Young Mr. Pitt

Another new discovery for me:  Felix Aylmer.

Yes -- a great and prolific actor. Your turn, Classic.

I really don't know very much about films made in the 1990s-- I'm only answering this because French is my adopted culture and I've seen everything just about that Gerald Depardieu has done. I don't claim to know anything about films that are not classic, unless of course they star Depardieu! LOL

My guess here is:

Malachy McCourt

Great job, Princess of Tap!   That was pretty quick.  It is Malachy McCourt.

That's fascinating about your interest in French culture, and about how you're a fan of Gerard Depardieu.   "Green Card" was the first film of his that I ever saw.  Since then I've seen "1492", "Jean de Florette", "Le chevre", "The last metro", "My father the hero", and parts of the American television movie of "Les miserables" that he starred in. 

Right then, Princess of Tap!   It's your turn now.

I'll give it a go. 

Pendulum (1969)

Todd Killings, The (1971)

Strange Possession of Mrs. Oliver, The (1977-Tvm)

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981-Tvm)

Murphy's Law (1986)

I'll give it a go.

Pendulum (1969)

Todd Killings, The (1971)

Strange Possession of Mrs. Oliver, The (1977-Tvm)

Dark Night of the Scarecrow (1981-Tvm)

Murphy's Law (1986)

I didn't know we were doing made-for-TV movies. As Frank Morgan said in The Wizard of Oz - - that's a horse of a different color.

That's true, Princess of Tap.   I always stay away from choosing made-for-TV movies when I select five films for a challenge.   I merely went with what the poster Mr. Gorman put forth and responded to it.

However, since you were the last person to correctly give the answer to the previous five films, you can reclaim this one and select five films if you would like.     Or would you like me to select five films?    It's up to you.   Either thing is o.k. with me.

That's true, Princess of Tap. I always stay away from choosing made-for-TV movies when I select five films for a challenge. I merely went with what the poster Mr. Gorman put forth and responded to it.

However, since you were the last person to correctly give the answer to the previous five films, you can reclaim this one and select five films if you would like. Or would you like me to select five films? It's up to you. Either thing is o.k. with me.

Classic, it looks like you're off to a good start--go for it!

Thank you very much, Princess of Tap.   That's very nice of you to permit me to go ahead with this one.

Right then.   Here it goes.

"Uncle Vanya"

"Promises in the dark"

"The case against Brooklyn"

"Bustin' loose"
"Murphy's romance"

Good job, O Classic aficionado, for figuring out Robert F. Lyons.  He played a sniveling little snot of a baddie in "Pendulum".   

I often include Tv movies all over the Msg. Boards when I post.  (TCM actually showed a few TVM's in 2016 -- like "Green Eyes" with Paul Winfield which was a 1976 tele-film). 

I'll guess WALLACE SHAWN for your 5 films.