DownGoesFrazier

Who was in all 5 films?

1,512 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Defenestrator said:

OPERATION PETTICOAT (1959)

TWELVE HOURS TO KILL (1960)

WAR HUNT (1962)

THE SAND PEBBLES (1966)

THE PARTY (1968)

Is it Gavin MacLeod..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's right. I was somewhat disappointed when I finally saw "Twelve Hours to Kill" since I was hoping Gavin McLeod and Ted Knight would have interaction that would be a recognizable precursor to their roles as Murray and Ted on "Mary Tyler Moore" a decade later, but they didn't have a scene together. But I'm a sucker for anything with Barbara Eden anyway. And one sad factoid about Nico Minardos, it was filming a TV pilot in the mid sixties when he and "Rawhide" star Eric Fleming went white water rapids canoeing, when there was an accident wherein Nico survived, but Fleming drowned, his body not recovered until a year later. Nico also did two episodes of "Alias Smith and Jones" with Pete Duel, the latter episode airing the day before Duel's shocking suicide, and Nico also was a prominent player in the Iran/Contra hearings during the Reagan administration.

Your turn, TopBilled.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Defenestrator said:

Yes, that's right. I was somewhat disappointed when I finally saw "Twelve Hours to Kill" since I was hoping Gavin McLeod and Ted Knight would have interaction that would be a recognizable precursor to their roles as Murray and Ted on "Mary Tyler Moore" a decade later, but they didn't have a scene together. But I'm a sucker for anything with Barbara Eden anyway. And one sad factoid about Nico Minardos, it was filming a TV pilot in the mid sixties when he and "Rawhide" star Eric Fleming went white water rapids canoeing, when there was an accident wherein Nico survived, but Fleming drowned, his body not recovered until a year later. Nico also did two episodes of "Alias Smith and Jones" with Pete Duel, the latter episode airing the day before Duel's shocking suicide, and Nico also was a prominent player in the Iran/Contra hearings during the Reagan administration.

Your turn, TopBilled.

Very interesting. I don't know much about Nico Minardos. I think TWELVE HOURS TO KILL is the only one of his films I've seen.

***

Okay, who was in:

WHTE TIE AND TAILS (1946)
THE RUNAROUND (1946)
TIME OUT OF MIND (1947)
A DANGEROUS PROFESSION (1949)
SINGING GUNS (1950)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ella Raines

The woman that Whit Bissell went to jail for in BRUTE FORCE. Hey, all she ever wanted was a mink coat.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defenestrator said:

Ella Raines

The woman that Whit Bissell went to jail for in BRUTE FORCE. Hey, all she ever wanted was a mink coat.

Good job. Ella Raines is certainly memorable in that film.

Your turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE NAKED CITY (1948)

THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (1962)

CAPTAIN NEWMAN, M.D. (1963)

QUICK, BEFORE IT MELTS (1964)

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES (1969)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Defenestrator said:

THE NAKED CITY (1948)

THE MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE (1962)

CAPTAIN NEWMAN, M.D. (1963)

QUICK, BEFORE IT MELTS (1964)

BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES (1969)

Must be James Gregory. Loved watching him on Barney Miller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

screen-shot-2019-04-09-at-12.09.46-pm.jp


Okay, who was in:

WE LIVE AGAIN (1934)
JALNA (1935)
LOVE IS A HEADACHE (1938)
DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK (1939)
THEY MET IN BOMBAY (1941)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TopBilled said:

screen-shot-2019-04-09-at-12.09.46-pm.jp


Okay, who was in:

WE LIVE AGAIN (1934)
JALNA (1935)
LOVE IS A HEADACHE (1938)
DRUMS ALONG THE MOHAWK (1939)
THEY MET IN BOMBAY (1941)

 

One of my absolute favorites: Jessie Ralph

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

One of my absolute favorites: Jessie Ralph

A favorite of mine, too.

It is your turn, Princess!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Dubarry Was A Lady

Mr Deeds Goes to Town

Blossoms in the Dust

Marie Antoinette

Wonder Man

Hint#1-- This performer was active in the 30s and 40s.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 10:04 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Hint#1-- This performer was active in the 30s and 40s.

Hint#2-- This performer started in Vaudeville, worked up to Broadway and eventually landed in Hollywood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 8:03 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Dubarry Was A Lady

Mr Deeds Goes to Town

Blossoms in the Dust

Marie Antoinette

Wonder Man

Is it Cecil Cunningham?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Is it Cecil Cunningham?

Yes, she's a special favorite of mine from " The Awful Truth ".  A commanding lady on screen who has not gotten the recognition she deserves, but who is very much the equal of Eve Arden.

Now, the ball is in your court.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've ever really noticed Cecil Cunningham very much in some of her films. I will have to pay closer attention next time.

***

Okay who was in:

MR. BELVEDERE GOES TO COLLEGE (1949)
GENTLEMEN MARRY BRUNETTES (1955)
TOM THUMB (1958)
THE CAT FROM OUTER SPACE (1978)
BEVERLY HILLS COP III (1994)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

I don't think I've ever really noticed Cecil Cunningham very much in some of her films. I will have to pay closer attention next time.

***

Okay who was in:

MR. BELVEDERE GOES TO COLLEGE (1949)
GENTLEMEN MARRY BRUNETTES (1955)
TOM THUMB (1958)
THE CAT FROM OUTER SPACE (1978)
BEVERLY HILLS COP III (1994)

Alan Young?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brrrcold said:

Alan Young?

YES. I think he's kind of underrated. Lived a long life.

It is your turn.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

YES. I think he's kind of underrated. Lived a long life.

It is your turn.

DUCK SOUP (1933)
BALL OF FIRE (1941)
PRESENTING LILY MARS (1943)
MONSIEUR BEAUCAIRE (1946)
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM (1955)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Brrrcold said:

DUCK SOUP (1933)
BALL OF FIRE (1941)
PRESENTING LILY MARS (1943)
MONSIEUR BEAUCAIRE (1946)
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM (1955)

Is it Leonid Kinskey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TopBilled said:

Is it Leonid Kinskey?

Yes. Well done... I wanted to avoid CASABLANCA and NOTHING SACRED.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brrrcold said:

Yes. Well done... I wanted to avoid CASABLANCA and NOTHING SACRED.

Thank you. I'd forgotten he was in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM.

***

Okay who was in:

THE MALE ANIMAL (1942)
THE STORK CLUB (1945)
RAMROD (1947)
DARK CITY (1950)
SHE'S WORKING HER WAY THROUGH COLLEGE (1952)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brrrcold said:

Don DeFore?

Bingo. You got it! I always loved watching him on the television sitcom Hazel.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us