DownGoesFrazier

Who was in all 5 films?

1,627 posts in this topic

Just now, Brrrcold said:

Great facial reactions... He's Jack Carson without any devious undertones.

Good comparison!

It is now your turn...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THE BIG STREET (1942)
THE BACHELOR AND THE BOBBY-SOXER (1947)
THE HEIRESS (1949)
SUMMER STOCK (1950)
TOUCH OF EVIL (1958)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brrrcold said:

THE BIG STREET (1942)
THE BACHELOR AND THE BOBBY-SOXER (1947)
THE HEIRESS (1949)
SUMMER STOCK (1950)
TOUCH OF EVIL (1958)

Is it Ray Collins?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. I was tempted to use THE HUMAN COMEDY, but it's a voice role. I don't really know the rules here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brrrcold said:

Yes. I was tempted to use THE HUMAN COMEDY, but it's a voice role. I don't really know the rules here.

I think voice roles would be acceptable, since the game is about who was in a movie...and if they provided a voice, that means they were in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay who was in:

SERGEANT MADDEN (1939)
GANGS OF CHICAGO (1940)
COME LIVE WITH ME (1941)
DETECTIVE STORY (1951)
THE DELICATE DELINQUENT (1957)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brrrcold said:

Horace McMahon?

Yes. Very good! He was great on TV's Naked City.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Yes. Very good! He was great on TV's Naked City.

Series television relied so heavily on character actors.

ROAD TO ZANZIBAR (1941)
IVY (1947)
YOUNG BESS (1953)
JUPITER'S DARLING (1955)
DOCTOR DOLITTLE (1967)
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 7:45 PM, Brrrcold said:

Series television relied so heavily on character actors.

ROAD TO ZANZIBAR (1941)
IVY (1947)
YOUNG BESS (1953)
JUPITER'S DARLING (1955)
DOCTOR DOLITTLE (1967)
 

Is it Norma Varden?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brrrcold said:

Yes. Well done.

Thank you.

Okay, who was in:

LITTLE MISS BROADWAY (1938)
NAUGHTY BUT NICE (1939)
SIS HOPKINS (1941)
STAR SPANGLED RHYTHM (1942)
IT'S IN THE BAG! (1945)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Brrrcold said:

Wow ... Jerry Colonna?

That is correct. Often appeared with Bob Hope.

It is your turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MEN IN WHITE (1934)
A DISPATCH FROM REUTERS (1940)
KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY (1944)
711 OCEAN DRIVE (1950)
SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL (1964)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brrrcold said:

MEN IN WHITE (1934)
A DISPATCH FROM REUTERS (1940)
KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY (1944)
711 OCEAN DRIVE (1950)
SEX AND THE SINGLE GIRL (1964)

Otto Kruger..?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Brrrcold. 

***

Who was in:

NIGHTMARE (1942)
JOURNEY INTO FEAR (1943)
MRS. PARKINGTON (1944)
MY FRIEND IRMA (1949)
TEXAS CARNIVAL (1951)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Thanks Brrrcold. 

***

Who was in:

NIGHTMARE (1942)
JOURNEY INTO FEAR (1943)
MRS. PARKINGTON (1944)
MY FRIEND IRMA (1949)
TEXAS CARNIVAL (1951)
 

It happens that I'm a big fan of Hans Conried.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brrrcold said:

It happens that I'm a big fan of Hans Conried.

So then you happen to be right! Yes, Hans Conried had a lot of great scenes in movies and on television.

Your turn.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

So then you happen to be right! Yes, Hans Conried had a lot of great scenes in movies and on television.

Your turn.

DANCE, GIRL, DANCE (1940)
STAR SPANGLED RHYTHM (1942)
SO PROUDLY WE HAIL (1943)
RAINTREE COUNTY (1957)
SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT (1971)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brrrcold said:

DANCE, GIRL, DANCE (1940)
STAR SPANGLED RHYTHM (1942)
SO PROUDLY WE HAIL (1943)
RAINTREE COUNTY (1957)
SILENT NIGHT, BLOODY NIGHT (1971)

Must be Walter Abel. Yes?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Must be Walter Abel. Yes?

Yes. His resiliency is rather fascinating - from leading man to comic foil to supporting actor to character roles. I think his rather ordinary handsomeness and deep voice helped.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brrrcold said:

Yes. His resiliency is rather fascinating - from leading man to comic foil to supporting actor to character roles. I think his rather ordinary handsomeness and deep voice helped.

Good point(s). Totally agree. I didn't realize his career went into the 70s.

***

Who was in:

TIME WITHOUT PITY (1957)
THE ENTERTAINER (1960)
EQUUS (1977)
THE DRESSMAKER (1988)
DENNIS THE MENACE (1993)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us