LatriceRoyale

Persons with Disability?

5 posts in this topic

Can anybody advise whether a person with disabilities would have the same opportunities to partake in activities during this cruise?

In other words, can a person who needs mobility aids, get around okay on this ship and are the venues suitable for a disabled person?

There are elevators but they are quite small. There's room for scooters and wheelchairs but not much else. The doors are heavy but I did notice that there are buttons to push to open them. There are lots of mobility challenged folks on the one I went on (time before last-same ship though) and I felt it wasn't that conducive for getting around if you have challenges. However, I'm not telling you to skip it. It would probably help to have someone with you to negotiate the doorways and other places. The ship is definitely made for younger people and small children.

There are elevators but they are quite small. There's room for scooters and wheelchairs but not much else. The doors are heavy but I did notice that there are buttons to push to open them. There are lots of mobility challenged folks on the one I went on (time before last-same ship though) and I felt it wasn't that conducive for getting around if you have challenges. However, I'm not telling you to skip it. It would probably help to have someone with you to negotiate the doorways and other places. The ship is definitely made for younger people and small children.

Hi HelenBaby2:

Thank you for your answer. I just read your update on the latest TCM Cruise in the General Discussion. Thanks for the 'tidbits', always interesting to find out details.

Were you impressed with the cruise? Are people able to approach Robert, Ben and the other guest stars? I suppose what I am getting at, do the TCM stars have an entourage surrounding them which would make it uncomfortable or prohibitive to approach them?

Cheers, Violet

Hi HelenBaby2:

Thank you for your answer. I just read your update on the latest TCM Cruise in the General Discussion. Thanks for the 'tidbits', always interesting to find out details.

Were you impressed with the cruise? Are people able to approach Robert, Ben and the other guest stars? I suppose what I am getting at, do the TCM stars have an entourage surrounding them which would make it uncomfortable or prohibitive to approach them?

Cheers, Violet

Some of the guests are very easy to approach. I didn't see her but one of my table mates rode the elevator with Eva Marie Saint & her husband. This same guy told me that Ruta Lee was taking selfies with everyone when we were at Castaway Cay. I saw quite a bit of Ben and Illeana Douglas. Not together but at various locations throughout the ship. One day when I was going to one of the venues for some event, Angie Dickinson was right in front of me but some guy started talking to her and so I didn't get to speak. I did talk with some of the TCM people. I talked to Eddie Muller on the elevator.

So yeah, some are more approachable than others. For example, I've been on 4 of the 5 cruises and I've only seen Robert Osborne twice outside official events on the ship.