Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

Pope Francis?

551 posts in this topic

I believe we're now getting off the subject of the pontiff and his visit to our shores.

So who the hell WAS it that brought up this whole issue of separation here anyway, HUH?!

(...oh yeah, I did, huh...sorry)

LOL

when rubio made the big announcement today at that gop whatzit that boehner was resigning, he must've loved the applause his announcement was met with. :lol:

I hope so. :lol:

I believe we're now getting off the subject of the pontiff and his visit to our shores.

So who the hell WAS it that brought up this whole issue of separation here anyway, HUH?!

(...oh yeah, I did, huh...sorry)

LOL

doan worry about it, Dargy. I certainly regard you as a good guy. :D

• Like 1

Being that Pope Pius IX at the First Vatican Council in around 1870 something, basically declared himself infallible by sending many of the cardinals home, if they were voting otherwise, anything may be possible

If Pius [and I use the term loosely] XII and Hitler could be on friendly terms, who knows what any pope is capable of engineering.

Maybe next Francis will take away all the cars from cardinals in Rome and force them to use public transportation?

Being that Pope Pius IX at the First Vatican Council in around 1870 something, basically declared himself infallible by sending many of the cardinals home, if they were voting otherwise, anything may be possible

If Pius [and I use the term loosely] XII and Hitler could be on friendly terms, who knows what any pope is capable of engineering.

Maybe next Francis will take away all the cars from cardinals in Rome and force them to use public transportation?

I say open up st. peter's square to all them syrian refugees and let the children sleep under the beauty of the sistine chapel. :D

I had to go out tonight, though much of the Upper West Side was blocked off. I walked down Broadway around 67th Street, near where I live -- it was wild!  Droves of New Yorkers walking home, probably avoiding buses and streets they couldn't walk up (though the subway was running). And right near there, masses of people lined up outside the Apple Store, for the new iPhone!  Fortunately is was a beautiful evening in NYC.

post-12643-0-48682500-1443236470_thumb.jpg

post-12643-0-48682500-1443236470_thumb.jpg

Even he needs an ID here!  LMREO!

Those are new IDs -- I just got one. If you get one before the end of the year, it comes with all sorts of benefits -- a year's membership to the Met Museum, the Museum of Natural History, rehearsals at Carnegie Hall, New York City Ballet, etc. Discounts too. Good deal -- and totally voluntary.

Those are new IDs -- I just got one. If you get one before the end of the year, it comes with all sorts of benefits -- a year's membership to the Met Museum, the Museum of Natural History, rehearsals at Carnegie Hall, New York City Ballet, etc. Discounts too. Good deal -- and totally voluntary.

Interesting.  What does one need a NYC (as in city), ID card for,  from a legal POV, that the  NY STATE drivers license /ID card can NOT be used for?    e.g. just those city benefits?   (which are nice BTW).

I wonder what other cities in the USA have their own ID card.   

Interesting.  What does one need a NYC (as in city), ID card for,  from a legal POV, that the  NY STATE drivers license /ID card can NOT be used for?    e.g. just those city benefits?   (which are nice BTW).

I wonder what other cities in the USA have their own ID card.   

I think the ID cards were added recently primarily to help immigrants -- and others -- who need a form of ID to open bank accounts, etc.  But they will also now serve as library cards and for other purposes for anyone who gets one. They did require quite a lot of documentation from me when I applied.  

I thought I would just tune in for a few minutes here and there and found myself watching for hours. I'm not Catholic and realize any talk of religion can be tricky, but do find this Pope endearing.  

Anyone remember SNL's Father **** Sarducci?  "I saw-a* the Pope on TV!"

*Just realized my new spellcheck insists on proper spellings and changes words on his own!  

Good heavens, why was G u i d o censored?  Maybe some meaning I'm not aware of?

I dunno.  maybe someone who programmed the thing thought it might be a slur of some kind of Italians.  Like G u i n e a or the "w" thing.

Just to check, I'll try Stashu.  And if it appears, I'll be a bit more lost as to why G u i d o didn't make it.

Sepiatone

why that would even make a nice little cereal bowl for an occasional serving of cocoa puffs, my favorite chocolate cereal. :)

Good heavens, why was G u i d o censored?  Maybe some meaning I'm not aware of?

Apparently, referring to someone of Italian descent as a guid o is something people do. Why that's such a terrible thing? Beats me.

I think the ID cards were added recently primarily to help immigrants -- and others -- who need a form of ID to open bank accounts, etc.  But they will also now serve as library cards and for other purposes for anyone who gets one. They did require quite a lot of documentation from me when I applied.  

Yea, I soon as I asked the question I knew the answer;  to help illegal (undocumented) immigrants,  because the state of NY only issues driver licenses to legal residents.    While the city process may have required quite a lot of documentation I assume it did NOT require proof of legal residency.  

Yea, I soon as I asked the question I knew the answer;  to help illegal (undocumented) immigrants,  because the state of NY only issues driver licenses to legal residents.    While the city process may have required quite a lot of documentation I assume it did NOT require proof of legal residency.  

No -- that's not the answer. Like a good New Yorker, I don't drive. But I do have a "fake" driver's license, which you can get from the DMV for ID purposes -- it serves all the purposes of a legal ID, but you can't drive with it.  But you have to pay for it. The NYC ID which I recently got required several points of identification, but it's free. It also serves many purposes, e.g. as a library card, etc.  

http://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/card/documentation.page

No -- that's not the answer. Like a good New Yorker, I don't drive. But I do have a "fake" driver's license, which you can get from the DMV for ID purposes -- it serves all the purposes of a legal ID, but you can't drive with it.  But you have to pay for it. The NYC ID which I recently got required several points of identification, but it's free. It also serves many purposes, e.g. as a library card, etc.  

http://www1.nyc.gov/site/idnyc/card/documentation.page

Since one can show a foreign passport,  illegal immigrants with a foreign passport can get this NYC ID,  right?    Sure looks like it to me based on review of the requirements.

IF YES, that is the reason the city put out this license;  to assist illegal immigrant residents of NYC with access to city services that require an ID since other forms of ID do require proof of legal residency (like a NY State driver license).

Since one can show a foreign passport,  illegal immigrants with a foreign passport can get this NYC ID,  right?    Sure looks like it to me based on review of the requirements.

IF YES, that is the reason the city put out this license;  to assist illegal immigrant residents of NYC with access to city services that require an ID since other forms of ID do require proof of legal residency (like a NY State driver license).

I know one of the goals was to help the homeless to get some means of identification.  What's wrong with that? 

I know one of the goals was to help the homeless to get some means of identification.  What's wrong with that? 

Who said anything was wrong with anything.   I just stated that the primary reason of this odd NYC ID was to assist illegal residences.   You were just too dishonest to admit that.

Who said anything was wrong with anything.   I just stated that the primary reason of this odd NYC ID was to assist illegal residences.   You were just too dishonest to admit that.

If I were a sensitive person, I'd burst into tears about now, the way you are picking on me and calling me names! OK -- nothing is wrong with anything.

I like the card because it gets me free admission/membership to many museums for a year, as well as other perks. It's a nice card. I had to sit there for ten minutes and be interviewed by a staff member from the NYC Human Resources Office to get it. I couldn't just go in and say, "Gimme that card."  And then after checking everything out, I got it in the mail two weeks later. 

If I were a sensitive person, I'd burst into tears about now, the way you are picking on me and calling me names! OK -- nothing is wrong with anything.

I like the card because it gets me free admission/membership to many museums for a year, as well as other perks. It's a nice card. I had to sit there for ten minutes and be interviewed by a staff member from the NYC Human Resources Office to get it. I couldn't just go in and say, "Gimme that card."  And then after checking everything out, I got it in the mail two weeks later. 

I'm glad the card provided you benefits;  if it helps you that is a good.   But my initial post asked you about this rather odd city ID card (most cities don't have a city ID card).   All I said was that I believed I figured out the main reason the city created this card:  to assist those that can NOT get a NY State drivers license.