StephenL

ONLY TCM HD Channel 789 on Comcast audio out of sync again

156 posts in this topic

I contacted Comcast last night (Sat 9/12) and reported ONLY TCM HD channel 789 audio out of sync.  They were to pass onto engineers.  Still out this morning.   If no other reports to TCM and if Comcast does not resolve will have to watch SD TCM channel 501.

I tried Comcast by phone again this morning but wait too long.  Besides, when they advise unplugging TV never works nor does sending new signal.   

Sincerely,

Stephen L

I am not the only one experiencing (from Comcast forum):

Posted by
Visitor

message_type_solution.png

No, it's happening to me also on channel 395,which is TCM,I have reported this issue also. I have just switched to comcast. I hope this isin't a regular issue.

Just checked again, 3:15 PM  PST Comcast TCM HD 789.   Surprise, audio back in sync.

I have no idea who resolved Comcast or TCM (since I contacted both).

Stephen L

Stephen L:

Just wondered...how did you contact TCM to inform them?  Through this message board?  When I noticed audio synch problems last year with TCM HD via Comcast, I could only contact COMCAST.  By the way, do you have a suggestion as to how to get help to make WATCH TCM work in Tucson, AZ, with Comcast?  It is supposed to but doesn't.   There seems no way to get assistance.  I tried sending a message to the moderator a week ago but have had no response or postings.

Thanks

David

David,

I contacted Comcast by phone twice to report and TCM at http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

But, no reply from TCM.  So I must presume Comcast corrected sync problem.

Just logged onto Watch TCM and is working. But, I'm in Santa Cruz, CA.   Thus, I presume that is a TCM issue

Stephen L

Stephen L:

Thanks for your reply.  I wonder if reports to contact-tcm are even looked at by a human.  I've been using that email address ever since WATCH TCM debuted to report it wasn't working with Comcast in Tucson.  When I talked to Comcast, they said contact TCM.  Catch 22!  It amazes me how TCM--whom I love in almost every way--ignores the need for tech support.  Pretty frustrating when a new service like WATCH TCM debuts and there is nobody to assist those who can't access it.  I even phoned the corporate offices of Turner Broadcasting in Atlanta.  They were of no help and wouldn't forward any calls to their tech dept because it is only for employees. 

Thanks again!  Do you think it might be useful to start a new thread under "PROBLEMS with TCM.COM" for WATCH TCM NOT WORKING?

David

Hello

Issues such as yours are passed onto TCM. However, I am not sure if this is a TCM problem, or a Comcast problem. I will see if I can get an answer for you. 

Hello

Issues such as yours are passed onto TCM. However, I am not sure if this is a TCM problem, or a Comcast problem. I will see if I can get an answer for you. 

Any help you provide would be nice. I have, however, reported this problem repeatedy to the TCM email address.  As recently as two weeks ago, I sent detailed screenshots and information.  No response.  I'm quite convinced this is a TCM problem and not a Comcast problem.    Thanks,  David

I have joined the TCM forum as a fan of the channel (been watching regularly since the mid-1990's), however I now must add my voice to the growing number of people who are experiencing the "audio out-of-sync problem" on Comcast channel 789. It practically ruined our experience while trying to watch the Summer of Darkness programming back in July and it is continuing to be an issue right up to this very moment. Sometimes it's off just slightly, other times it's way off.

Why isn't anyone responding to this issue? It is NOT a Comcast issue! And God help us if it is. Somebody needs to do some due diligence and provide some answers.

Saturday 9/19 4:12 PM PST.  Just called Comcast due to HD ONLY TCM 789  out of sync again (turned on about twenty minutes ago and then turned off in disgust).  Person I talked to at Comcast must be offshore as I had difficulty explaining to her (hard to understand her).  Hopefully she will escalate to engineer.

Stephen L

CC to:

This situation is becoming comical. Still waiting for someone (anyone!) to address this audio problem. No other major network that I know of has this issue. One would think that someone from TCM would be concerned about this and respond to these posts. Is there anyone at TCM who is monitoring this message board? What's the point of having one? This is a major technical problem and it's preventing people from watching the programming!

If it's a Comcast HD technical issue, then why aren't other channels having this out-of-sync problem? Either Comcast needs to communicate with the TCM people or vice versa. How ironic. Trying to watch old, classic (mostly) black and white films, but modern technology just seems too freekin' complicated to allow it.

Sunday 2:25 PM PST: Comcast TCM HD 789 still out of sync.  I have reported to TCM again but doubt will resolve due to I never get a reply:

http://www.tcm.com/contact-tcm.html

And, Comcast rep (outsourced) is useless.

So must stay with std def Comcast TCM 501 or give  up enjoying TCM.

Stephen L

As of 10:00 PM West coast time, TCM is still out of sync on the audio program - the audio track is behind by a "beat" - enough to be noticeable and distracting enough to be annoying. I will continue to contact TCM about this problem. Still cannot believe that no one is addressing this major technical glitch in programming. I refuse to settle for watching the non-HD channel 501. I pay a lot of money for this service. I'm really **** that the channel I watch the most is having this issue. Does anyone know if this is just a San Francisco/Northern California problem? Would think that if this was nationwide, TCM would be aware of it and correct it.

TCM HD is also out of sync in Tucson (on Comcast).  In Southern Arizona, Comcast broadcasts TCM SD on channel 169 and TCM HD on channel 576.   The HD version only is still out of sync. The SD version is fine.  I'll try adding my two cents to all of yours by calling Comcast tomorrow and sending an email to the TCM address (which I know will be ignored).  Since I've gotten no real assistance and no action on my other continuing problem--WATCH TCM not working here in Tucson with Comcast--I can only hope we'll have better luck on this issue.  Those who can't tolerate out-of-sync HD broadcasts ... UNITE!!   I wish the moderators who read these messages would find a way to resolve these problems.

David (Tucson, AZ)

Okay.Thanks David.

Good to know this problem isn't just northern Cal. What really annoys me is not getting any response at all. There doesn't seem to be any way to know if this is a Comcast technical glitch or if it's on TCM's end. If any others in different parts of the country are experiencing this, please report it. Let's keep this thread hot. Maybe someone at TCM will finally do something, or at least tell us what's going on!

PERLYN and STEPHENL and others:

Two Questions:

Do you think it is worth starting a new thread with a more generic name, such as TCM HD AUDIO OUT OF SYNC, to invite feedback from people in different locations and perhaps even on different broadband systems?  I don't know for a fact that this only happens on COMCAST.  Of course, COMCAST may be the only provider who offers in some cities an HD version of TCM.

I'm not a Facebook or Twitter user.  I wonder if someone familar with these social media outlets might be able to report (and raise a stink?) on Facebook or Twitter...if that is even possible.  Somehow, I wish--very naively, I'm sure--that Robert Osborne or Ben Mankiewicz could somehow hear of the problems we've all had with the lack of any TCM tech support for this sync problem, for non-functioning WATCH TCM, and other tech issues.

David (Tucson, AZ)

Hi everyone

I'm sorry for all the frustration with this issue. I have passed your comments up the line. There is not much more we here on the message boards can do to help. Please do not start another thread, it will most likely be merged with this one anyway. If we get any word on this, we will pass it on here. 

Thank you for your patience :)

Posted twice on Comcast Forum.

First time was earlier in month and second day before yesterday:

I have the same problem with TCM on channel 903 in Massachusetts

Well, there it is. Thanks to the moderator for responding to these posts. I see that he or she responded to this issue sometime last week. Alas, nothing is changing the situation. Sounds to me like this audio problem is very widespread.

As for social media - it is the way word gets out and action is implemented. I'm not on any social media myself but my wife is, so I'll have her start a search. Perhaps the word is out - and yes, Ben and Robert are most likely on some form of social media. Mankiewicz probably has a Twitter account, but I seriously doubt anything would come from that direction.

Sooner or later I would think TCM is going to have to officially respond to this. Still very confused as to why and how this occurring. I'm no technician, but it's likely a service provider HD transmission glitch of some kind, which is bad news as we all know how helpful "service providers" are. As usual, I'm guessing it's complicated like everything is these days and it may be dependent upon both TCM and the provider to solve the issue together. Good luck to us all. In the meantime, I'll NOT be watching TCM HD channel 789.

From 

icon_users.png

TCM sound out of synch

Posted 20 September 2015 - 05:05 PM

Once again sound is out of synch on TCM HD here in Richmond, Virginia, via Comcast Cable.  Not sure where this can be remedied, but over the last four months I have seen it happen over and over again.  I cannot remember any other channel ever having this problem, only TCM HD.  Can something be done to fix this?  It essentially makes watching the channel impossible.

•  

See at bottom of each page:

Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. A Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

I wonder if TCM on Time Warner out of sync. And, if not abandoned merger with Comcast might

have prevented,