mr6666

Healthcare in America?

722 posts in this topic

Congressman Joe Kennedy III — US Representative for Massachusetts District 4·

"Last night, Speaker Ryan called the GOP repeal bill 'an act of mercy.' With due respect to the Speaker, he and I must have read different scripture. The one I read taught that we are judged not by how we treat the powerful but how we care for the least among us. There is no mercy in a system that makes health care a luxury. This bill is no act of mercy. It is an act of malice."

• Like 1

"Last night, Speaker Ryan called the GOP repeal bill 'an act of mercy.' With due respect to the Speaker, he and I must have read different scripture. The one I read taught that we are judged not by how we treat the powerful but how we care for the least among us. There is no mercy in a system that makes health care a luxury. This bill is no act of mercy. It is an act of malice."

He meant mercy for the insurance companies and their investors.

will refocus Medicaid to better serve those most in need.

That's quite a graph you got there, Jake.

Too bad healthcare costs twice as much in the U.S. per patient as it does in any other modern country, huh?

Perhaps because, knock wood, I've been very healthy, I haven't been familiar with Obamacare at all. And I'm having trouble grasping the replacement possibilities. Maybe because I haven't tried very hard.

Ten million will lose health coverage and most everybody else will pay more.

The UnAmerican Health Care Act.

• Like 1

8 Journalists and Organizations Tracking Obamacare Repeal and Replace Efforts-

"as Congress fights to determine the future of the Affordable Care Act, we’ve put together a list of publications, blogs and individual reporters who are dedicated entirely or almost entirely to covering an issue that will likely dominate Washington this spring.

These publications will keep you on top of the politics, the policy and — most importantly — what it all means for everyday Americans.....

http://billmoyers.com/story/8-journalists-and-organizations-tracking-the-gops-repeal-and-replace-efforts/

Ten million will lose health coverage and most everybody else will pay more.

The UnAmerican Health Care Act.

Sounds pretty "American" to me.

• Like 2

"I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed.  What I am saying is 14 to 24 million uninsured, tops.  Depending on the breaks."

- Paul Ryan and Donald Trump

• Like 2

"I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed.  What I am saying is 14 to 24 million uninsured, tops.  Depending on the breaks."

Which proves that Trump lied to the voters during his campaign.

Which proves that Trump lied to the voters during his campaign.

Every time he opens his mouth a lie comes out.  He did his best during the campaign to make that abundantly clear but somehow that escaped millions of Americans.

• Like 2

Uhhhh.......

I thought his claim was to be able to make sure everybody's  covered.  And for LESS.

And THAT'S at the core of the fundemental difference between conservatives and liberals.

Liberals labor under the belief that the best way to solve a problem(like feeding and housing the poor for example) is to throw big wads of money at it from the taxpayers pockets.

The conservative answer is to TAKE money from any programs designed to help the less fortunate and those who can't help themselves and put it into the pockets of those who DON'T really need the help.  And CERTAINLY not back in the pockets of the taxpayers.

One recent newspaper reader offered the suggestion that congress provide for each American the same healthcare THEY get.  And pay the same amount the congressmen pay for it.

Sepiatone

Uhhhh.......

I thought his claim was to be able to make sure everybody's  covered.  And for LESS.

And THAT'S at the core of the fundemental difference between conservatives and liberals.

Liberals labor under the belief that the best way to solve a problem(like feeding and housing the poor for example) is to throw big wads of money at it from the taxpayers pockets.

The conservative answer is to TAKE money from any programs designed to help the less fortunate and those who can't help themselves and put it into the pockets of those who DON'T really need the help.  And CERTAINLY not back in the pockets of the taxpayers.

One recent newspaper reader offered the suggestion that congress provide for each American the same healthcare THEY get.  And pay the same amount the congressmen pay for it.

Sepiatone

Lawrence O'Donnell on his show said Congressional health insurance is not that great of a bargain.  As a Congressional staffer, he was eligible for it, but turned it down as the Writer's Guild plan was better.

I'm sure Congressional is good, but how does it really compare to other plans?

Regardless, we will all be paying more for less before the Republicans are finished, even if the federal government is your insurer (DOD, VA, etc.)

Don't worry. Donny says it will be beautiful.

Treemendous!  It was a Disaaaaaaster before.

Treemendous!  It was a Disaaaaaaster before.

Devastatingly beautiful. He can't get rid of

his old beauty, oops I mean scholarship,

pageant judge vocabulary. 

GgQ90-VM_bigger.jpg

Canada Free Press‏ @canadafreepress Mar 13

Healthcare Inseparable From Personal Responsibility ... http://tinyurl.com/hn3xlzt 

C61me30VsAA__pS.jpg

Excerpt...

Those who choose not to buy healthcare coverage they can otherwise afford.

My argument is it should be a CHOICE but those who decides not to have insurance can't not expect hospitals to treat them for free. Example if one is diagnosed with cancer and chose not to have insurance then tough for that individual for having to pay for it out of pocket but there are those who may believe in faith healing or rather die than go though chemotherapy.

The solution for people that can afford insurance but don't want it is to sign a waiver relieving hospitals of legal responsibility in turning them away.

Personally, I'm not going to spend my final years hooked up to tubes, spoon fed and diapered. Also I rather be dead than have tyranny impose medical doctrine on me.  This is MY CHOICE!

I have in the past and in the future refuse vaccines and will fight the flu / infections on my own. If the worse happens, so be it.

Obama, Hillary.... UNDERSTAND!!!!

Leftist gets so angry when they can't control every aspect / level of one's life!

Excerpt...

Those who choose not to buy healthcare coverage they can otherwise afford.

My argument is it should be a CHOICE but those who decides not to have insurance can't not expect hospitals to treat them for free. Example if one is diagnosed with cancer and chose not to have insurance then tough for that individual for having to pay for it out of pocket but there are those who may believe in faith healing or rather die than go though chemotherapy.

The solution for people that can afford insurance but don't want it is to sign a waiver relieving hospitals of legal responsibility in turning them away.

Personally, I'm not going to spend my final years hooked up to tubes, spoon fed and diapered. Also I rather be dead than have tyranny impose medical doctrine on me. This is MY CHOICE!

I have in the past and in the future refuse vaccines and will fight the flu / infections on my own. If the worse happens, so be it.

Obama, Hillary.... UNDERSTAND!!!!

Leftist gets so angry when they can' control every aspect / level of one's life!

Nobody gives a damn whether you receive Healthcare or not.

Just because you are required to have insurance, it doesn't mean that you were required to receive any particular medical examination or medical procedure.

If anything, people on the left are doing all they can to help with assisted suicide for people with terminal illness. To give people the right to control their own bodies throughout life. And that right would include abortion.

Nobody's dictating anything to you in terms of what you have to do with your own body -- except the right-wing who were trying to dictate to women that they don't have control over their own body parts.

And as far as being hooked up to tubes excetera - - that's completely your choice or the choice of your family if you didn't previously decide that for yourself.

I think you have the wrong conception of what Universal Health Care is.

I worked for the government in foreign countries in Asia and Europe, and I had universal healthcare. All it means is that everyone is covered and you can have whatever procedures you want done or not done.

And as far as Hospital procedures Go - - they are overpriced because the hospital companies and the insurance companies come together to see that no ordinary person could afford to pay out-of-pocket for these procedures because they want them covered on a high-level by insurance. I know that from experience.

• Like 2

Can't wait for this mandate to become HISTORY!

I'm not committing suicide, only letting nature take it's course.

Living Will takes the choice out of the hands of others.

Maybe that's because you won't be one of the 24 million Americans in the future not to have Healthcare.

Trying to put me on a guilt trip won't work.