mr6666

Healthcare in America?

696 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, hamradio said:

Problem isn't Healthcare but health COST!  

It's the "care" that(to me) is the REAL problem....

Week before last( and just last Tues.) I went to  two different ERs with the same complaint( I won't get into the boring details) and the frustrating thing to me was that after spending a combined 15 HOURS in both places, all I was told was what the difficulty WASN'T!   NO hint as to what the CAUSE of it all might have been.  The only saving grace was that whatEVER it was wasn't serious enough to admit me.  This sort of thing is routine and has been for some time.

Back in the early '90's I woke up with such serious lower back pain that I actually couldn't walk!  Took me a half hour to get out to the car so my wife could drive me to an ER.  I shuffled in complaining of lower back pain so severe it made it difficult for me to walk.  So, after a couple of hours of having me try to lie on my back and raise my legs( which due to the lower back pain, I couldn't) they gave me a Motrin 800 and a little shot glass of Maalox.  And a sheet of paper with the diagnosis:  "Lower back pain!"  :o :wacko: :angry: !!!

Hell!  I knew THAT when I GOT there!  I mean, wasn't that why I WENT THERE to BEGIN WITH???  :blink:

And earlier in the '20's, a hospital charged my brother in law's insurance $400 for a Motrin 800("dispensing medicine") and that's why I was GLAD when Barack Obama started talking about "Healthcare reform".  Certainly, these "non-diagnosis' " and padded insurance claims by doctors and hospitals certainly CRIED OUT for the need of "reform", so imagine my disappointment when all it was about was just healthcare insurance!  :huh:

Sepiatone

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

It's the "care" that(to me) is the REAL problem....

Week before last( and just last Tues.) I went to  two different ERs with the same complaint( I won't get into the boring details) and the frustrating thing to me was that after spending a combined 15 HOURS in both places, all I was told was what the difficulty WASN'T!   NO hint as to what the CAUSE of it all might have been.  The only saving grace was that whatEVER it was wasn't serious enough to admit me.  This sort of thing is routine and has been for some time.

Back in the early '90's I woke up with such serious lower back pain that I actually couldn't walk!  Took me a half hour to get out to the car so my wife could drive me to an ER.  I shuffled in complaining of lower back pain so severe it made it difficult for me to walk.  So, after a couple of hours of having me try to lie on my back and raise my legs( which due to the lower back pain, I couldn't) they gave me a Motrin 800 and a little shot glass of Maalox.  And a sheet of paper with the diagnosis:  "Lower back pain!"  :o :wacko: :angry: !!!

Hell!  I knew THAT when I GOT there!  I mean, wasn't that why I WENT THERE to BEGIN WITH???  :blink:

And earlier in the '20's, a hospital charged my brother in law's insurance $400 for a Motrin 800("dispensing medicine") and that's why I was GLAD when Barack Obama started talking about "Healthcare reform".  Certainly, these "non-diagnosis' " and padded insurance claims by doctors and hospitals certainly CRIED OUT for the need of "reform", so imagine my disappointment when all it was about was just healthcare insurance!  :huh:

Sepiatone

15 hours?  We need waiting room reform.

Need to make a documentary, "From Here To Eternity". :wacko::angry:

Wait-time.jpg

Teen Who Got Vaccinated Against Mom’s Wishes Testifies Before Congress

Ethan Lindenberger spoke to a Senate committee about vaccine misinformation after measles outbreaks in the U.S. and abroad.

“Does your mother get most of her information online?” Isakson asked.

“Mainly Facebook,” Lindenberger replied.

Asked where he looked for information on vaccines, the teen said: “Not Facebook. From the CDC [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention], the World Health Organization, scientific journals ... I try my best also to look at accredited sources.” ........

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/vaccine-misinformation-senate-hearing-rand-paul_n_5c7eb28be4b0e62f69e6fe28?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

<_<

• Thanks 2

HIV-positive man in U.K. is 2nd known adult worldwide to be cleared of the AIDS virus

"There is no virus there that we can measure. We can't detect anything," said an HIV biologist who helped treat the man.

"...Almost three years after receiving bone marrow stem cells from a donor with a rare genetic mutation that resists HIV infection — and more than 18 months after coming off antiretroviral drugs — highly sensitive tests still show no trace of the man's previous HIV infection. ........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hiv-positive-man-u-k-2nd-known-adult-worldwide-be-n979186

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

HIV-positive man in U.K. is 2nd known adult worldwide to be cleared of the AIDS virus

"There is no virus there that we can measure. We can't detect anything," said an HIV biologist who helped treat the man.

"...Almost three years after receiving bone marrow stem cells from a donor with a rare genetic mutation that resists HIV infection — and more than 18 months after coming off antiretroviral drugs — highly sensitive tests still show no trace of the man's previous HIV infection. ........

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hiv-positive-man-u-k-2nd-known-adult-worldwide-be-n979186

Was he positive only for the virus or did he had full blown AIDS.  How long has he been infected?  This will be critical for this procedure to work on others.  Good news though.

Measles outbreak leads New York county to ban unvaccinated children from public spaces

Rockland County Executive Ed Day cited a state law, which gives local officials sweeping powers "in the event of reasonable apprehension of immediate danger" to the public.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Measles outbreak leads New York county to ban unvaccinated children from public spaces

Rockland County Executive Ed Day cited a state law, which gives local officials sweeping powers "in the event of reasonable apprehension of immediate danger" to the public.

How exactly are they going to do that?  How will one know if a kid is vaccinated or not in a public park?  Think a CHURCH will do that?

If this was done to someone with AIDS, the ACLU be screaming bloody murder... it's a violation of their rights!

Will there be a Big Brother "1984" guard at the gate shouting ... Show me your vaccination card NOW!!

pqmgezmyrhw4cobhexwh

children-playing-in-a-public-fountain-in

Warren Gunnels @GunnelsWarren 4h4 hours ago

Why do the drug companies hate #MedicareForAll? Follow the money.

- Every new cancer drug: over $100K/year

- Hep-C drug: up to $189K/24-weeks

- osteopetrosis drug: $52K/month

- Daraprim: $45K/month

#MedicareForAll: No one would pay more than $200 a year for prescription drugs.

https://twitter.com/GunnelsWarren/status/1112407508008738817

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

David SirotaVerified account @davidsirota 7h7 hours ago

“They make tens of billions of dollars a year in profits from this dysfunctional health care system

and pay their C.E.O.s outrageous compensation packages.

We’ve expected their opposition all along.” - @BernieSanders

D2_wc7YUkAMffcI.png

Just the insurance companies?  How about Big Pharma with this jerk as an example.

Please somebody, wipe that GD smirk off Martin Shkreli face.:angry:

maxresdefault.jpg

I had regular measles, German (rubella) and Chicken pox.  The worst that happened to me was the mistake of chewing a Tylenol tablet. YUCK!!!

Now my only slight concern is...

health-beauty-chicken_pox-roof-doctor-pa

;)

He's free to choose not to have vaccinations, but then he has to accept the consequences of those decisions, such as the rest of society not wanting to associate with him. Maybe he can start an anti-vaxxer club for all the other dip***** that attend his school.

By the way, regarding your previous post about having measles, etc... and not suffering much because of it. You should try reading up on what it was like before measles vaccines were common place. Millions of kids died, and many kids who contracted measles ended up with permanent brain damage. Which may explain a few things...

"Measles affects about 20 million people a year, primarily in the developing areas of Africa and Asia. While often regarded as a childhood illness, it can affect people of any age. It is one of the leading vaccine-preventable disease causes of death. In 1980, 2.6 million people died of it, and in 1990, 545,000 died; by 2014, global vaccination programs had reduced the number of deaths from measles to 73,000. Rates of disease and deaths, however, increased in 2017 due to a decrease in immunization."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Measles 

• Thanks 2

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump

Everybody agrees that ObamaCare doesn’t work. Premiums & deductibles are far too high - Really bad HealthCare! Even the Dems want to replace it, but with Medicare for all, which would cause 180 million Americans to lose their beloved private health insurance......

7:13 PM - 1 Apr 2019
=============================
"BELOVED ..."?! 
:lol::blink:

Bernie SandersVerified account @BernieSanders 17h17 hours ago

Bernie Sanders Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Medicare for All will end the atrocity of a profit-driven health care system in which thousands die because they can't afford care.

Donald Trump wants to protect insurance company profits over American lives. Mr. Trump, we will defeat you in 2020. We'll make health care a right.

Abdul El-SayedVerified account @AbdulElSayed

Cost of a SINGLE vial of insulin:

Canada: $32

United States: $300

That's TEN TIMES more for the same exact drug.

=================================

Briahna Joy GrayVerified account @briebriejoy 4h4 hours ago

.@BernieSanders's Prescription Drug Price Relief Act would lower the price of drugs by about 50%

by pegging US drug prices to the media price in five countries:

The United Kingdom, German, France, Japan, and yes, Canada.