JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN EUROPE

2,434 posts in this topic

Ten Incidents in Ten Days That Proved Trump Right on Sweden’s Migration Problem

The media and Swedish politicians were in an uproar after President Donald J. Trump chose to highlight the negative effects of mass migration in Sweden. But ten days later, here are ten incidents that proved him right.

When former Swedish Prime Minister Carl Bildt asked the U.S. president “what is he smoking?” on Twitter and other celebrities berated President Trump over his comments on 19 February, many wondered what is actually going on in Sweden. Here is a list of incidents that have occurred since that speech proving President Trump may have even been downplaying the situation in the Scandinavian nation:

BREITBART > http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/03/02/ten-incidents-sweden-ten-days-trump-highlighted-mass-migration-problems/
tumblr_o59ov4Vvdy1txfen3o1_500.gif

Fox News Caught Lying: Sweden Reinstated Draft Because Of Russia, Not Refugees-  

Fox News Continues To Lie About Sweden And Refugees......

"Despite Fox’s assertion, Sweden’s government is reintroducing the draft for men and women in the country “because of what its defense minister called a deteriorating security environment in Europe and around Sweden” according to a March 2 report from the Washington Post. Sweden ended the draft in 2010, but is reactivating conscription due to “increasing pressure” by Russia on the Baltic region.............

"Sweden stationed permanent troops on the Baltic Sea island of Gotland. Defense Minister Peter Hultqvist described the move as sending a signal after Russia’s 2014 annexation of Crimea and its “increasing pressure” on the neighboring Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

There have also been reports of airspace violations by Russia’s military aircraft in the Baltics and a military buildup in the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad, which sits across the Baltic Sea from Sweden."....

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2017/03/02/fox-news-caught-lying-sweden-reinstated-draft-because-russia-not-refugees/215534

Dutch Fear Russian Meddling, but Also U.S. Cash-

"The country’s fast-rising far-right leader, Geert Wilders, is getting help from American conservatives attracted to his anti-European Union and anti-Islam views. David Horowitz, an American right-wing activist, has contributed roughly $150,000 to Mr. Wilders’s Party for Freedom over two years — of which nearly $120,000 came in 2015, making it the largest individual contribution in the Dutch political system that year,....

Mr. Wilders.... was put on trial in 2010 for inciting hatred against Muslims with a film he made that attacked the Quran; he was acquitted the next year. Mr. Wilders was more recently found guilty of incitement after leading an anti-Moroccan chant at a rally,....

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/world/europe/before-elections-dutch-fear-russian-meddling-but-also-us-cash.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

THE "Dutch Trump"--

"The party led by a far-right, anti-immigrant, anti-Islam populist named Geert Wilders is on course to gain the most votes in next week’s parliamentary elections in the Netherlands. But the journalists who have dubbed Wilders “Holland’s Trump” and “the Donald Trump of the Netherlands” may owe the U.S. president an apology.

Yes, Wilders is running as a divisive outsider who wants to “make the Netherlands great again,” and he rails against his opponents on Twitter. Yes, he has been lauded by a range of far-right U.S. conservatives, from Republican legislators Michele Bachmann and Steve King to “counter-jihad” activists Frank Gaffney and David Horowitz. And, yes, there’s his bleached-blonde bouffant hair.

Nonetheless, when it comes to Islam and Muslims, the bombastic leader of the Party for Freedom makes the president of the United States look positively moderate.....

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/08/the-dutch-trump-is-even-more-toxic-than-the-real-thing/

Erdogan Says Dutch Will 'Pay the Price' for Insult-

The Netherlands had denied Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu landing rights to address crowds at a Rotterdam rally

"Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan drove his dispute with European nations to the hilt Sunday, claiming that "Nazism is alive in the West" after two of his ministers were prevented from campaigning in the Netherlands over the weekend....

....some European nations claim that Turkey under Erdogan is slowly slipping toward dictatorial means, especially since the aborted coup of last summer...

"Those who treat my foreign minister, my economy minister, our legislator friends in a shameless way, will pay the price. Those who unleash the dogs and their hatred will pay the price," he added...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/national-international/Turkish-Leader-Says-Dutch-Will-Pay-the-Price-for-Insult-415980233.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_CHBrand

-sound familiar? :unsure:

French farmers hope Marine Le Pen will free them from EU 'straitjacket'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/25/french-farmers-hope-marine-le-pen-will-free-eu-straitjacket/

Bet she has the temperament of her father! :o

maxresdefault-1.jpg

He sort of reminds me of...

sigpic125495_1.gif

German Anti-Trump Parade Floats Are SAVAGE (IMAGES)

"On Monday was the annual Rosenmontag — Rose Monday — parade in Germany, effectively marking the end of the annual Carnival (die fünfte Jahreszeit) celebration. The parades across the nation getting quite a bit of attention for the numerous, numerous parade floats featuring a certain bright orange alleged President, and with good reason — they are savage....

http://bluetribune.com/2017/02/28/german-anti-trump-parade-floats-are-fing-savage-images/

rose-monday-carnival.jpg

GYHU0gVH_bigger.jpg

Voice of Europe‏ @V_of_Europe Mar 5

C6KZe8DXQAEshom.jpg

Marine Le Pen

There's no other way to describe Anti-Semitism.

France took part in the Holocaust during World War II-- hopefully that will not happen again.

MGXI3ful_bigger.jpg

Տᗩᑎᗪᖇᗩ ن‏ @SandraTXAS 13h13 hours ago

France : This is your last chance to save your nation vote Marine Le Pen Make France Great Again #Marine2017 #MFGA #MAGA #Trump

C6xnp5pVoAAr7r4.jpg

I take it if this was 1933 the people posting this right wing propaganda would be supporting Adolf Hitler.  Shame on them.

Who are they serving by posting all of this hate messaging?  Do they really think anyone will be swayed by their bigotry?

Le Pen's National Front has Decades of History of Hatred of Jews, Hatred of Muslims, Hatred of blacks--there's no other way to put it.

Le Front National is simply a party of hate originally founded by Le Pen to compensate for France's losing the colony of Algeria-- a political party birthed in retro- racist colonialism.

• Like 1

Who are they serving by posting all of this hate messaging?  Do they really think anyone will be swayed by their bigotry?

You don't actually think that they're interested in swaying anybody, do you? They just want to cheer on those who already think like they do while annoying or angering those that don't. This is not about winning hearts and minds, or finding common ground, or debating issues in any meaningful way whatsoever. It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else. 

• Like 3

You don't actually think that they're interested in swaying anybody, do you? They just want to cheer on those who already think like they do while annoying or angering those that don't. This is not about winning hearts and minds, or finding common ground, or debating issues in any meaningful way whatsoever.

While I see you're point to you really thing the Trump-haters around here are interested in finding common ground?

To me many of the posts from these folks fall into;   'It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else'.

E.g. 99% of MR666 post. 

While I see you're point to you really thing the Trump-haters around here are interested in finding common ground?

To me many of the posts from these folks fall into;   'It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else'.

E.g. 99% of MR666 post. 

I know that I've read multiple posts from Bogie, Tom, PoT, and DGF asking questions (in a civil polite manner) only to receive either no response or something along the lines of "Libtards have mental disorders" or "godless progressives hate the real America" or, my personal favorite, "go home to your mommy and cry little baby".

I know from personal experience on here how this goes, since I often tried reaching out to people with whom I disagreed and the responses I got ranged from being told to never "Like" their posts again, to actual threats of physical violence, to one poster PM'ing others to tell them to put me ignore because I was "a creep" for disagreeing with them politically.

It baffled me for a while why these specific posters continued to post here, since they never seemed to have anything positive to say or made no attempts at conversations, only posting declarative statements and then leaving, and rarely if ever even talking about movies. But I've come to understand that there's a certain type of individual that apparently can't communicate in any other way.

I know that I've read multiple posts from Bogie, Tom, PoT, and DGF asking questions (in a civil polite manner) only to receive either no response or something along the lines of "Libtards have mental disorders" or "godless progressives hate the real America" or, my personal favorite, "go home to your mommy and cry little baby".

After a certain number of such responses, perhaps you'll understand why people begin returning in kind. I know from personal experience on here how this goes, since I often tried reaching out to people with whom I disagreed and the responses I got ranged from being told to never "Like" their posts again, to actual threats of physical violence, to one poster PM'ing others to tell them to put me ignore because I was "a creep" for disagreeing with them politically.

It baffled me for a while why these specific posters continued to post here, since they never seemed to have anything positive to say or made no attempts at conversations, only posting declarative statements and then leaving, and rarely if ever even talking about movies. But I've come to understand that there's a certain type of individual that apparently can't communicate in any other way.

Yes,  one conservative around is a complete and total tool.    No question about that.    Others like Nip do try to have an actual discussion but are often so misinformed (often intentionally) that it makes having a discussion difficult.

As for why they post 'here',   it appears you mean the overall forum,  but as it relates to this specific thread;  they created it and I assume they feel doing so is getting out the message they want to get out.  AND you have to admit that is working,   I.e. "libtards" come to this thread,  read the post and often reply.

So what I wonder more about is why do these 'libtards' do that?     Why take the tools' bait?    Resist the temptation to have to read everything posted around here.     Hey,  I don't always do this either but in the last 3 - 4 weeks I have changed how I use view threads in Chit-chat forum. 

I now:  look at who provided the last reply,  if it isn't MR666 (since it will just be a link or some other uninteresting crap)  or that conservative tool,   I read it.  Once I'm done going to those threads I hit 'mark all threads as read'.

I now:  look at who provided the last reply,  if it isn't MR666 (since it will just be a link or some other uninteresting crap)  or that conservative tool,   I read it.  Once I'm done going to those threads I hit 'mark all threads as read'.

I can't agree about Mr. 6's posts, as he often links interesting articles from a variety of sources. I don't read them all, but I read more of them than from most other posters who frequently post links.

I, too, avoid some threads, like any that just post videos over and over again with little to no commentary. It would be nice if there was just a single thread dedicated to posting videos, especially since the majority of them come from the same YouTube content provider.

• Like 2

Hilarious. As a recipient of that witty response, I can honestly say it took me back to the days went I heard comments of that nature in a primary school school yard.

You don't actually think that they're interested in swaying anybody, do you? They just want to cheer on those who already think like they do while annoying or angering those that don't. This is not about winning hearts and minds, or finding common ground, or debating issues in any meaningful way whatsoever. It's cheerleading themselves and/or insulting/mocking everyone else. 

Part of my post also mentioned that the 1933 equivalency to the stuff posted in this thread would have been put out by the Nazi party to aggrandize Adolf Hitler and his nationalistic message which included scapegoating minority cultures.  Perhaps the posters are conveniently ignorant of this equivalency as I doubt that their parents who may have fought against this right wing fascism in WWII would be very pleased.  And one should be very careful what one wishes for here.  History has shown that once a fascist dictatorship is in place it then costs millions of lives to depose it.

• Like 2