JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN EUROPE

782 posts in this topic

We have the Mennonites in Kansas.

It's not uncommon to see Mennonite women and children at Walmart or at Sam's Club. But over the years, I can't recall seeing men with them.

You know who they are by their dress. They look like somebody on the Wagon Train TV show for the most part. However the girls often dress just as little girls dressed in the 1950's. But if I recall correctly, they all wear bonnets.

We are proud to have a thriving contingent of Mennonites in our community. They have been here for a long time. They are law abiding citizens who pay their taxes, obey the law and believe in hard work to earn their money. They don't whine and claim victimhood and expect the government to take care of them.

Their women wear their hair in a bun with no makeup. Some of them are striking.

Have a great evening.

We are proud to have a thriving contingent of Mennonites in our community. They have been here for a long time. They are law abiding citizens who pay their taxes, obey the law and believe in hard work to earn their money. They don't whine and claim victimhood and expect the government to take care of them.

Have a great evening.

Yeah, well, just as long as those women "know their place", I guess they're okay, right Jake, you good ol' boy you?! LOL

(...bottom line here once again...ANYBODY who "believes" they need the mythologies of religion to keep 'em on the "ol' straight and narrow", and ESPECIALLY if they're involved in some "cult-like" offshoot of such, would be best advised to seek out the services of their nearest mental health provider in efforts to ascertain why the hell they "believe" they do...AND be they "good tax paying, hard working, law abiding citizens" OR NOT!!!!) 

Yeah, well, just as long as those women "know their place", I guess they're okay, right Jake, you good ol' boy you?! LOL

(...bottom line here once again...ANYBODY who "believes" they need the mythologies of religion to keep 'em on the "ol' straight and narrow" should seek out the services of their nearest mental help providers to efforts to ascertain why the hell they think they do!) 

I like a woman who knowsher place.

Have a great evening.

"We are proud" as long as they don't try to move into our neighborhood.

Just wanna be clear on somethin' here...

Now, these "Mennonites". They don't walk around your neighborhood, ring your door bell, and pass out those Watchtower pamphlets while tryin' to convert you TOO, do THEY?!

(...'cause in THAT case and if they're at all like those Jehovah's Witness folks and if they ever move into MY neighborhood, I might do what I did once and invite 'em into my house to discuss this whole thing...it was all of about half hour after I did that I THINK I actually reached one of the younger ones and had HIM converted to being agnostic like ME...unfortunately, THAT'S when their leader noticed this and said they had to go and they all quickly left...yep, true story...I kid you not)

I like a woman who knowsher place.

Now Rip! Doesn't that bore you after a while?!

(...well, at least I know all the more subservient type women I dated back in my younger days ended up eventually boring ME anyway!)

I thought that maybe Rip was making a pun on the word kosher.

Guess not.

I said a man's pocket because Rip Murdock is a character Bogie played in the film Dead Reckoning and there is a scene in the film where Bogie tells Liz Scott about a women's place.   I saw the film on the big screen and the women in the audience all booed when Bogie mentions this. 

I said a man's pocket because Rip Murdock is a character Bogie played in the film Dead Reckoning and there is a scene in the film where Bogie tells Liz Scott about a women's place.   I saw the film on the big screen and the women in the audience all booed when Bogie mentions this. 

So then James, I take it these women audience members who booed at that line were probably neither wearing burkas OR those 19th century style bonnets on their heads, RIGHT?!

(...just a "wild guess" here, of course)

For anyone interested in a thoughtful look at possible reasons to explain why it seems "a certain religion" in PARTICULAR seriously needs "a kick in the butt" to AT LEAST send it kicking and screaming into the TWENTIETH century(yeah, that's right, the"20th", let ALONE the 21st) but probably won't get that "kick in the butt" it so surely needs, you might want to take a few minutes to read the following supplied link...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/02/islam-will-not-have-its-own-reformation/

(...well, I thought Mr. Danforth's article here was reasonably insightful and somewhat well-written, anyway)

I'm impressed with your sincere concern for Mennonites. There's a Mennonite family about six homes down the street from me. How about you?

Well, my lady as always liked a strong male who wears the pants in the family. From reading your posts, I would guess it's just the opposite in your home.

Have a great evening.

I don't know what that's supposed to mean - - women have been wearing pants or slacks since the 1930s and before if you count people from a rural background who had to work on the farm.

Marriage is like any partnership - - it's 50-50.

Marriage is not a dictatorship like Mussolini or Hitler and it's not slavery - - like in the Confederacy.

It's a give-and-take partnership where both parties are equal and both parties have mutual respect for each other.

• Like 1

Well, my lady has always liked a strong male who wears the pants in the family. From reading your posts, I would guess it's just the opposite in your home.

Have a great evening.

LOL

Oh yeah, "Mr. Macho"(ya know, THIS just might be my new little name for you instead of that whole "you good ol' boy you" thing I've called you of late, Jake), I'm just a little "weak sissy boy" in my own domestic dynamics around here!

LOL

(...ya know Jake..err..I mean "Mr. Macho", you really ARE a pretty clueless one, aren't ya...but then again as I've said many a time around here already, ANYONE who buys into what that blowhard man-child of a New Yorker says IS pretty damn clueless in the FIRST place!...OH, and have a great evening YOURSELF, you good ol'..err..I mean "Mr. Macho"!!!)

LOL...some more

• Like 1

I don't know what that's supposed to mean - - women have been wearing pants or slacks since the 1930s and before if you count people from a rural background who had to work on the farm.

Marriage is not a dictatorship like Mussolini or Hitler and it's not slavery - - like in the Confederacy.

It's a give-and-take partnership where both parties are equal and both parties have mutual respect for each other.

Oh now Princess, don't be so hard on "Mr. Macho" here.

Ya see, I'll betcha ANYTHING "his lady" probably runs HIS household, BUT when it comes down to it, "his lady" just makes it LOOK like he thinks he does!

(...ya see, I know how "you women are"...I learned this YEARS ago!!!)  ;)

LOL

Marriage is indeed a partnership but that doesn't mean that it is 50-50.   Sometime ONE of the partners wants the other party to have more say;  to take more control.     In some cases a spouse may want their partner to be like a dictator (e.g. a mother's boy or man with older sisters, that was raised in a household where women tended to call the shots,  or a women with a dominating father \ older brothers where men called the shots.   These folks wish to their households to be similar. 

In these situations the spouse does NOT want both parties to be equal and willingly agrees to be transfer power and associated responsibilities to the other spouse.     

To each their own.  

How could I forget a character named Rip Murdock, but I did. I haven't

seen DR in a while. A similar comment got Barney Fife into trouble on

the small screen.

Germans Introduce New 'Anti-Rape' Measure: Girls Can Wear Fake Tattoos That Say 'NO!'

Rapists are supposed to fear this?

Truth Revolt > http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/germans-introduce-new-anti-rape-measure-girls-can-wear-fake-tattoos-say-no

jrD5m_s-200x150.gif

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES WIPE 'EM OUT.

Migrants Refuse Jobs, Claiming They Are ‘Guests of Merkel’

I guess your point is that you hate immigrants and refugees.  Especially those that are slightly less white than you.

Germany’s Populists Beat Merkel’s Migrant CDU Party: Exit Polls

Exit polls from Germany suggest the Alternative for Germany (AfD) party have beaten Angela Merkel’s CDU in her home state, one year after she opened Germany’s borders to unlimited migration.
The AfD is seen as the nationalist, populist, anti-mass migration party of the country which has undergone drastic changes, internal splits, and widespread “controversy” over the past few years.

The victory in Mrs. Merkel’s home state will pour cold water on her thoughts of running for another term as Germany Chancellor.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/04/afd-party-election-merkels-home-state/

Build the Wall. Keep 'em out. Round 'em up. Boot 'em out. Bad ones, wipe 'em out.

A4kv_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-w

LIVE: Truckers Block Calais To Demand Closure Of Migrant Camp

Truckers, dock workers, farmers and residents of Calais have shut down main roads into the port town in Northern France, promising to continue the blockade until the French government begins to dismantle the illegal ‘Jungle’ migrant camp.

Police recently declared large areas of the town “no-go zone” after dark as migrant violence “peaked”. Cars and trucks have been attacked with chainsaws and knifes, with migrants deliberately causing crashes so they can board vehicles.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/05/truckers-block-calais-demand-closure-migrant-camp/

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES, WIPE 'EM OUT.