JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN EUROPE

2,344 posts in this topic

Wishing to control migration of immigrants is not inherently racist.   Saying so is just a tactic used by people unwilling to discuss the issue.

And failing to acknowledge that some anti-immigrant sentiment is based in exclusionary racist thinking is naive at best, enabling and supporting at worst.

• Like 1

Wishing to control migration of immigrants is not inherently racist.   Saying so is just a tactic used by people unwilling to discuss the issue.

There is no balance here.  It is just more and more hate filled rhetoric against refugees and immigrants.  What is the point of that other than espousing a racist message?  There is no discussion here of immigration.  That is such a load of cod's wallop I'm surprised at you, James.

There is no balance here.  It is just more and more hate filled rhetoric against refugees and immigrants.  What is the point of that other than espousing a racist message?  There is no discussion here of immigration.  That is such a load of cod's wallop I'm surprised at you, James.

Well why not add more range instead of just labeling post as racist?    E.g.  the recent vote that happened in Germany where Merkel's party didn't do well.    This vote,  like the Trump movement does have a racist element,  but it is much more then that.    Isn't that worth discussing?   

You're correct there is no discussion here of immigration,  but that isn't only because of the right wing posters here.   That was my point and I stand by it.

Well why not add more range instead of just labeling post as racist?    E.g.  the recent vote that happened in Germany where Merkel's party didn't do well.    This vote,  like the Trump movement does have a racist element,  but it is much more then that.    Isn't that worth discussing?   

You're correct there is no discussion here of immigration,  but that isn't only because of the right wing posters here.   That was my point and I stand by it.

Do you honestly think Jake or Nipkow are interested in a discussion?

And you could start these discussions just as easily as anyone. 

This entire thread was created for one purpose only and that is to repeat ugly stories about refugees and immigrants.  So, what is the point of that if not to espouse a racist platform?

Do you honestly think Jake or Nipkow are interested in a discussion?

And you could start these discussions just as easily as anyone. 

As you know I have started those discussions,  many times.    Only you have responded and at first you didn't wish to discuss the issue because you claimed it wasn't even an issue.    Once we did have a discussion I believe we agreed on most of things.  

Of course those right leaning users you site don't wish to have any real discussions (which is why I'm laughing at how Cid is trying to have an actual one, post after post, with Nip on some of the other threads).

Sorry to Bogie if I sounded like I was trying to lecture him.     This Trump candidacy is just a distraction from any substance and sometimes that makes me a little crazy.

This Trump candidacy is just a distraction from any substance and sometimes that makes me a little crazy.

I think we can all agree on this. Hopefully, during the debate period, we can get a little more info on the "nuts and bolts" of the candidates' proposed initiatives. 

This entire thread was created for one purpose only and that is to repeat ugly stories about refugees and immigrants.  So, what is the point of that if not to espouse a racist platform?

You miss my point, James.  This is not a discussion thread.  This is a hate messaging thread.  It is unworthy of discussion.

I think we can all agree on this. Hopefully, during the debate period, we can get a little more info on the "nuts and bolts" of the candidates' proposed initiatives. 

What part do you agree with;  the part about the Trump candidacy or the part that I'm a little crazy.   :lol:  

But yea,  I'm hoping the debates will get down to more details regarding policy positions.    Take immigration;   If one can believe what Trump's latest position is,  he has at least articulated a lot of specifics.     One is moving away from an immigration policy based on family unification and moving back to one based on job skills (something I support).       

I assume HRC wishes to continue a family centered policy, but who knows.   Also,  the GOP has been saying that HRC policy is that in her first 100 days she will use executive action to grant legal status to most of the 11 million or so illegal immigrants.   Is that GOP BS or not?      

Since HRC doesn't hold press conferences and is mostly vague (since attacking Trump is the best strategy at this stage) we just don't know.

How about taxes?    Trump's tax plan was a total joke and of course he backed away from it (calling it only a starting point for negotiations, ha ha);   but what is HRC plan?   She says she is going to make the rich pay their fair share?    Did she release a plan?  Maybe I missed that??? 

Does HRC still support a Fed $15 min wage or was this only a stunt to win over Sanders' supporters????

Again, I don't need this info to determine who I'm going to vote for (I'm in CA which HRC has locked),  but I'm curious never the less.   

You miss my point, James.  This is not a discussion thread.  This is a hate messaging thread.  It is unworthy of discussion.

Well, that may be true and I ain't surprised?

But whosoever is going to start a thread like this, can't they at least get the allusion right, to wit:

Something is rotten in the state of Germany.

Seeing the title as is, is an eyesore.

You may have a point, but then shouldn't you just stay out of the thread?     Why participate in something (as well as with someone) you find so disgusting.       

PARIS TOURIST INDUSTRY is already down by one million visitors just in the first half of 2016. This is why:

View InvestmentWatch > http://investmentwatchblog.com/paris-tourist-industry-is-already-down-by-one-million-visitors-just-in-the-first-half-of-2016-this-is-why/

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES, WIPE 'EM OUT.

Underage Migrant Gang Sexually Assault German Women On City Street

The attack occurred in the early morning on Saturday in the German city of Hildesheim as the trio of migrants approached at least five different women, trying to kiss them, grope them and have sex with them. Police say that the attackers were 16 and 17-years-old and live at a nearby hotel that has been turned into an asylum accommodation, reports local paper Hildesheimer Allgemeine Zeitung.

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/06/migrant-gang-sexually-assault-german-women-city-street/

jrD5m_s-200x150.gif

And now for the rest of the story. Yep, the AfD did beat

Merkel's party, but the Social Democrats beat them both.

‘Trumpism Lands In Britain’: The Left Are Outraged The UK Is Building A Southern Border Wall

Breitbart > http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/09/09/trumpism-lands-britain-left-outraged-uk-govt-trying-stop-illegal-immigration/

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM OUP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES, WIPE 'EM OUT!

‘Trumpism Lands In Britain’: The Left Are Outraged The UK Is Building A Southern Border Wall

Wait...what? Are there a lot of illegal immigrants swimming the channel into the UK? Or is this a matter of someone's poor grasp on geography? 

I clicked the article (ugh), and see that the proposed wall is in Calais, which is in France. That still doesn't explain the whole swimming-the-English-Channel thing.

yXYx6CNC_bigger.jpg

Paul Joseph Watson @PrisonPlanet Sep 14

Violent migrants attack Dutch citizens because they're "racist," cause mayhem, intimidate women.

proxy.jpg?t=HBhcaHR0cDovL2kuZGFpbHltYWls

UK to lead calls for worldwide airport security crackdown: Britain will warn UN that countries who ignore liquid ban are helping terrorists  13DAFE3600000514-0-image-m-19_1474153459

The Prime Minister will also use her trip to meet powerful US businessmen in an attempt to persuade them to invest in post-Brexit Britain – just weeks after President Barack Obama repeated his warning that the UK would be 'at the back of the queue' for a new trade deal.

Mrs May's drive for action on aviation security follows the downing of a Russian Metrojet flight from Sharm-el-Sheik in Egypt in October 2015 and the attacks at airports in Brussels and Istanbul earlier this year.

DAILY MAIL > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3794725/UK-lead-calls-worldwide-airport-security-crackdown-Britain-warn-countries-ignore-liquid-ban-helping-terrorists.html

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES WIPE 'EM OUT.

Angela Merkel signals she may back down from open-door refugee policy after disastrous Berlin election 

“If I knew what change in refugee policy the people in Germany want, I would be prepared to consider it,” Mrs Merkel said.

“If I could, I would go back in time to be better prepared for the refugee crisis in 2015, for which we were rather unprepared.”

THE TELEGRAPH > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/19/merkel-signals-she-may-back-down-from-open-door-refugee-policy-a/

BUILD THE WALL. KEEP 'EM OUT. ROUND 'EM UP. BOOT 'EM OUT. BAD ONES. WIPE 'EM OUT.

gqiWQqbR_bigger.jpeg

David Frum @davidfrum 23h23 hours ago

David Frum Retweeted New York Times World

It takes some nerve for Merkel to describe critics of her immigration policy as “just following their feelings.”

Cswap1gXEAAiPRs.jpg

Mark Steyn: ‘The More Muslims You Have, the More Terrorism You Have’

Jake, are you prejudiced against all Muslims by any chance?  You keep posting these nasty messages against them.

This is nothing but a HATE thread. There is no attempt at a discussion.  It is just racist messaging by a deplorable racist.  I wish the moderators would make it disappear.