JakeHolman

TRUMPISM IN EUROPE

2,394 posts in this topic

so here's this good guy Boris Johnson, could be the next prime minister of great Britain and I hope he is, he's already got the UK msm on his case because he says immigrants need to learn English before coming into his country...

so they hate 'em the same way they hate trump.

so they say here's boris Johnson, he's another Donald trump.

so look out! there's a bad guy comin' through.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/07/boris-johnson-not-bluffing-about-quitting-eu-on-31-october-with-no-deal-brexit

Boris Johnson 'not bluffing' about quitting EU on 31 October with no deal

Tory favourite also hits out at Theresa May for ‘computer says no’ approach to government

Boris Johnson has claimed he is not bluffing over his commitment to take the UK out of the EU on 31 October with or without a deal and has criticised Theresa May for a “diet of miserablism”.

The Conservative leadership frontrunner said the EU had to “look deep into our eyes” and realise the UK was prepared to walk away on Halloween.

Johnson, who is 48 points ahead of Jeremy Hunt in the leadership contest, according to a polling of party members, lambasted May for a “computer says no” approach in government.

Earlier the former foreign secretary was mocked by his sister Rachel for claiming during hustings that “too often” English was not being spoken as a first language in Britain. She tweeted: “We spoke ancient Greek at home, I genuinely don’t know what he’s on about.”

Asked if his commitment to the 31 October deadline was a bluff, Johnson told the Sunday Telegraph: “No … honestly. Come on. We’ve got to show a bit more gumption about this.”

He added: “We were pretty much ready on March 29. And we will be ready by October 31. And it’s vital that our partners see that. They have to look deep into our eyes and think: my god, these Brits actually are going to leave. And they’re going to leave on those terms.

“Everybody who says ‘I can’t stand the idea of a no-deal Brexit’, what they really mean is actually they don’t want to leave at all.”

In a hustings in Cardiff on Saturday , Johnson said: “If we had to come out on WTO [World Trade Organization] terms, I really think this country has the versatility and the creativity to get through it and prosper and thrive.”

22 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Is Boris still terrorizing his girlfriend, tearing up her furniture or did he finally go back to his wife?

23 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

According to Boris, Her Majesty told him she was surprised that anybody even wanted the job of prime minister. ROFL

On 7/23/2019 at 7:55 PM, JakeHolman said:

This was just an election within his own Tory party. Only about 10% of the General electorate.

We'll see what kind of real party leadership he has in May 2022 when the UK has the general election and everybody gets to vote.