Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

TRUDEAU'S CANADA

482 posts in this topic

CBC News Retweeted

"For a period between the 1960s and 1980s, a Canadian government program forcibly separated indigenous children from their families and put them up for adoption around the world.

In a bid to address that injustice, Canada on Friday agreed to pay $600 million in legal settlements.....

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/years-forced-adoptions-canada-pay-600-million-indigenous-people/

Melania Trump displays 'masculine' gesture upon greeting Trudeaus at White House, says body expert

President Trump and Melania Trump hosted Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife at the White House on Thursday, and one of the first lady's movements raised some eyebrows.

Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, greeted the 45th U.S. president and first lady outside the White House, addressing one another with cheek kisses and handshakes. After posing for photos, the first couple welcomed the Trudeaus inside the historic building -- which is when the first lady appeared to mirror her husband's arm placement.

According to an image taken during the encounter, President Trump is seen placing his hand on the back of his wife. The first lady, in turn, then motioned her own hand toward the back of Sophie Grégoire.

"She is indeed mirroring her husband, it is a 'protective gesture,'' body language expert Lillian Glass says. Glass says the move from the former Slovenian model is a "guiding gesture" meant to help steer someone in the right direction.

It's the way you usher small children into a room, so it was very fitting.

Did a Canadian ever sneeze in your face sometime and forget to apologize, MM? You stoop so low with such petty little shots.

It's also amusing that a Trump supporter refers to the leader of any other country as being child-like.

baby_trump.jpg

original.jpg

• Like 1

Trudeau came to the United States, not the other way around.

What's that supposed to mean?

What's that supposed to mean?

MY guess, Tom?!

It was MM's way of saying that if left on his own, Donny Boy would have probably gotten lost within the halls of Parliament there in Ottawa, and if the logistics of the visitations had been reversed.

YOU know. Kind'a like the other day and after he announced his Executive Order(btw, "funny" isn't it how NOW days his supporters have NO problem at all with HIS record setting pace of those things, and YET they'd cry and moan about his predecessor being "imperious" and "un-constututional" when HE signed 'em...ahh, but I digress) the dunderhead forgot to actually SIGN his little E-O gutting the ACA and started walking off the stage!

(...yep, his Secretary-of-State was exactly right when he called him a ******* moron, alright) 

MY guess, Tom?!

It was MM's way of saying that if left on his own, Donny Boy would have probably gotten lost within the halls of Parliament there in Ottawa, and if the logistics of the visitations had been reversed.

Here's some personal Canadiana for you, Dargo: my parents took me to Ottawa when I was a baby in a stroller and, under those circumstances, they got lost in the Parliament building.

So who should come walking around the corner? John Diefenbaker, future PM of the country. He took mercy upon my parents' plight and spent ten minutes or so taking them on a brief tour of the place. According to Mom he patted me on my little future voter head, too. I was too busy drooling to notice at the time, I guess.

Now that's got to be a unique way for any Canadian to meet a future leader of his country.

On 10/16/2017 at 11:29 AM, MovieMadness said:

Or the way a pro ushers a client into the motel room.

• Haha 1

Environmental group urges Duterte: Tell Justin Trudeau to get back trash

MANILA, Philippines – An environmental group on Thursday, November 9, renewed its call for President Rodrigo Duterte to make sure that Canada's garbage that was illegally dumped in the Philippines in 2013 will be returned to its source.

"We are waiting on the President to make good on his campaign promise to hold Canada and Trudeau accountable for their trash," BAN Toxics' Anna Kapunan said in a statement on Thursday, a day after Duterte arrived in Vietnam for the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Leaders' Summit.

Duterte and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are attending this year's APEC Summit. There is no scheduled bilateral meeting between the two leaders, so far, but there's a chance for them to meet casually on the sidelines of the annual event.

Trudeau has allowed Canadian cities to pollute our coastal waters for years with raw sewage and refuses to do anything about it. So good luck in getting him to do anything about the trash dumped in the Philippines.

5 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Trudeau has allowed Canadian cities to pollute our coastal waters for years with raw sewage and refuses to do anything about it. So good luck in getting him to do anything about the trash dumped in the Philippines.

MM, you continue to make this claim. Please site your sources.