Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

TRUDEAU'S CANADA

482 posts in this topic

In for a penny, in for a pound.

With falling oil prices eroding Canada’s revenue base, newly elected Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is fully embracing deficits, with his finance minister hinting Monday the country will run a deficit ofabout C$30 billion ($22 billion) in the fiscal year that starts April 1.

It’s one of the biggest fiscal swings in the country’s history that, in just four months since the Oct. 19 election, has cut loose all the fiscal anchors Trudeau pledged to abide by even as he runs deficits. The government’s bet is that appetite for more infrastructure spending and a post-election political honeymoon will trump criticism over borrowing and unmet campaign promises.

Read more @ Bloomberg.com:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-23/trudeau-drops-campaign-promises-and-goes-all-in-with-deficits

Well, we are getting ready to show our profligate spender the door and Canada's new PM is ready to run deficits with a declining economy and incoming revenues.

Smart not....

• Like 2

Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. :)

I am kind of glad that there is more campaign news now,

however silly it sometimes gets. That means that Muir

has to place his endless parade of weather disasters,

crimes, fires, car crashes, YT videos, etc. in the second

half of the program.

• Like 1

Reagan proved that deficits don't matter. :)

I am kind of glad that there is more campaign news now,

however silly it sometimes gets. That means that Muir

has to place his endless parade of weather disasters,

crimes, fires, car crashes, YT videos, etc. in the second

half of the program.

Isn't ABC News terrible? I can't believe how awful it's become.

Isn't ABC News terrible? I can't believe how awful it's become.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. It reminds me of the local news

writ large. Lots of stories about explosions, fires,

crime, etc. I am partly to blame as I could watch

CBS or NBC, but our local station is an ABC affiliate,

and I never bother to change the channel. I am glad

that the ABC evening news is not my only source.

• Like 1

TORONTO (AP) -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canadians would appreciate it if Americans paid more attention to what's going on around the globe.

Trudeau said in a "60 Minutes" interview to be aired Sunday that "it might be nice if they paid a little more attention to the world."

Read more @ AP:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CN_CANADA_TRUDEAU_AMERICANS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-03-03-22-44-26

Our friends to the North have elected a misinformed PM. I'd like to see some Canadians be more concerned about their own pressing problems than ours. They got some big ones.

thumb-down-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sometimes paying attention to the gorilla in our backyard is unavoidable.  My niece lost her job yesterday because an American company bought her firm and then closed its doors forthwith.

That's life in the new inter connective world we live in.

Trudeau does not want to spend money on sewage treatment plants in Canada, that is all you need to know about this loser.

What happened to your daily raw sewage report, MM?  Are you on a sit down strike down there?

• Like 2

Most animal sex acts not against Canada's bestiality law: court

Jake, do you know what goes on in Appalachia among those hillbilly tea party people?  There is a big tradition of bestiality in rural America, particularly in the American South.

Even in states where there may be laws against bestiality, the practice is widespread in your part of the world. 

http://watchdog.org/132541/al-outlaw-bestiality-still-legal-rape-sheep-13-states/

I'd guess that incidents of sheep******* are exaggerated.

Likely overstated back in the day and even rarer now

as we live in a less rural society. There are a few cows

down the road who appear unmolested, though some

of the local squirrels do have a strange look in their eyes.

There's this old joke -- based on a true story -- about a man in rural Virginia:

A newspaper reporter is interviewing the man about the bestiality rumour. He says to the guy, "Is is true that you guys have sex with sheep, goats, cows, and chickens?"

The hillbilly repiies: "Chickens! Ptui!"

Watched the PBS special on the War of 1812.  I had forgotten that Canada was one of the many countries that the US has attacked - and they whupped our ****.

Watched the PBS special on the War of 1812.  I had forgotten that Canada was one of the many countries that the US has attacked - and they whupped our ****.

Trudeau might have apologized for burning the White House down in 1812 when he was in town.  A missed opportunity.

Well now we know what the Waltons were up to when their

lumber mill was down. Goodnight Elizabeth, goodnight

John Boy, Baaahhhh.

The War of 1812 program was deleted late last night and

instead a documentary about Muhammad Ali was shown

dealing with his draft problems. Some interesting footage

of Ali at that time and his ties with the Black Muslims, Malcolm

X, etc. There was one brief scene with David Susskind calling

Ali just about every name in the book and Susskind was pretty

much your standard issue liberal. That's how disruptive Ali

was to many people back in the 1960s.

Trudeau might have apologized for burning the White House down in 1812 when he was in town.  A missed opportunity.

Actually, the British burned the White House.  The Canadians just defended their borders against the invading Americans.

Jake, do you know what goes on in Appalachia among those hillbilly tea party people?  There is a big tradition of bestiality in rural America, particularly in the American South.

Even in states where there may be laws against bestiality, the practice is widespread in your part of the world. 

http://watchdog.org/132541/al-outlaw-bestiality-still-legal-rape-sheep-13-states/

In the state of New York it's a misdemeanor. Some of the Southern states you denigrate it's a felony.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Actually, the British burned the White House.  The Canadians just defended their borders against the invading Americans.

Canada is still part of the British Commonwealth, with Queen Elizabeth II as head of state.

qe15.jpg

In the state of New York it's a misdemeanor. Some of the Southern states you denigrate it's a felony.

Ah, but is it punished in those states or just another of the many things they let slide?

It's a mere misdemeanor in New York because it's so far from our consciousness -- it's not a problem. Laws often exist to address a perceived problem.

The fact that it is a felony in some of those Southern states doesn't stop your neighbors from fooling around with the livestock!  It just shows that the authorities are aware that's it's a big problem there.

Canada Changes National Anthem to Reflect Gender-Neutral Lyrics

Progressive revisionism once again.

Read more Truth Revolt>

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/canada-changes-national-anthem-reflect-gender-neutral-lyrics

Hmmmm, yeah Jake. So, kind'a like how the reaction to those Commies back in 1954 was the impetus to change OUR Pledge of Allegiance to include the PRESUMPTION while reciting it, and even to those loyal to this country but who might not believe in some higher power, that our country is "under God", RIGHT?!!!

So, looking at this as fairly and without your Christian bias as MUCH as you possibly can, what the hell would you call THAT, sir? Perhaps "CONSERVATIVE Revisionism", HUH?!

(...naaah...but you of course don't possess the CAPACITY to see THIS in any other manner than through your own biased and "proud ultra-conservative" POV, do ya...nope, 'cause as I said in another thread around here recently, "YOU'RE so far to the freakin' Right, that you'd think Teddy Roosevelt was some kind'a freakin' Lefty")

Wrong again, Jake.  It is reverting to its original form.

Well, I assume you know how much the concept of "Change"(and especially any change that's not a step backward) has a tendency to throw our resident good ol' boy and man of few words into a little tizzy, doncha Bogie?!!

;)