Sign in to follow this  
johnddd

100 years at the movies clip

21 posts in this topic

does anyone know the time in which the short film clip if 100 years at the movies plays. I have never seen it in it entirety.

It's hard to pin point when,usually it's shown between features when there's 15 to 20 minutes left prior to the next feature. I checked the schedule and it doesn't show up at all. Hopefully you'll get lucky. It's worth the wait....

vallo

It drives me crazy that I too, only catch part of this. Does anyone know if it shows earlier or later in the month? I can't pinpoint exactly when I've caught it. And I never see it as an actual listing in the regular monthly schedules.

They show it all the time - just be patient. As someone posted below, it is usually when there's at least 15-20 minutes between films.

Watch for the intro between films saying "TCM Original Production." This will be a que for you to hit record because it could possibly be it. But, it is also helpful to watch for a gap between films.

I also love that clip, but I can never watch the whole thing,because I always to have leave when the part from "The Exorcist" comes on-I despise that movie,and wish I'd never seen what I did see of it, and I hate that part of "100 Years At The Movies". If it wasn't for that one little part,I would want to tape it. I love the part when the Jamed Bond theme starts to play,and that "twinkly" music at the very beginning and the very end. And the crescendo of music before the "Gone With The Wind" clip,with the huge scene showing the wounded laid out at the train depot and beyond. What a grand movie.

I have this recorded at the beginning of one of my tapes. Unfortunately, it's one of my "tape over" tapes, so even though I don't tape over that particular part, the tape is in kind of crappy condition.

I wish my computer wasn't a piece of junk so I could watch it on YouTube.

I'm not sure when it will be on again, but I am guessing it is on about once a day. By the way, speaking of shorts, MGMWBRKO posts a regular list in a different forum of upcoming shorts for each week. I can't take credit for this discovery but I forget who to thank for mentioning it once before in this forum.

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?messageID=7816101?

Here's what is on tap for this week:

8/2 - , All times Eastern, approximate and subject to change:

8/2, 4:04am EST - "Searchers For a Special City"

8/2, 12:05pm EST - "Hollywood Hist-o-rama: Marx Bros."

8/2, 7:47pm EST - "Opry House"

8/3, 3:38am EST - "Over the Counter"

8/3, 5:31am EST - "Sealskins"

8/3, 8:22am EST - "The Daffy Doc"

8/3, 7:47am EST - "Black Cats and Broomsticks"

8/4, 4:50pm EST - "The Vanishing Duck"

8/4, 9:54pm EST - "Gangster Film Festival Trailer"

8/4, 12:10am EST - "Hollywood Hist-o-rama: Gregory Peck"

8/5, 5:51am EST - "Porky's Duck Hunt"

8/6, 1:47am EST - "So You Want To Keep Your Hair"

8/6, 3:47am EST - "Wild Boar Hunt"

8/6, 7:42am EST - "The Dirty Dozen" Featurette

8/7/, 2:20am EST - "Redd Fox Becomes a Movie Star" Featurette

8/7, 7:39am EST - "Coffins On Wheels"

8/7, 11:18am EST - "Circus Today"

8/7, 10:21pm EST - "Moonshine War" Featurette

8/8, 12:08am EST - "Oklahoma Outlaw"

8/8, 2:17am EST - "Joaquin Murrietta"

8/8, 5:45am EST - "Every Sunday"

By the way, "Porky's Duck Hunt," scheduled for 8/5, is the first cartoon appearance of Daffy Duck (named later).

To add to the duck and bunny connection, I think Bugs' first apperance was in "Porky's Hare Hunt" and Daffy's was "Porky's Duck Hunt".

Every time I attempt to click on the link it says that it is private video and need a friend invite? Anyone that can help?

i've suffered through that clip atleast several dozen times over the years. it was interesting the first time i saw it, like 7 years ago, but i really REALLY wish they'd come up with a new one.

Is there some place that I can go to PAY to download it? It has got to be somewhere other than a wait-and-see arbitrary viewing on TCM. I would like for my U.S. History class to be able to see it! We shouldn't be deprived of this FUN and (nominally) educational tool.

Hi,

Okay, so you don't know me from Adam...BUT, I'm a teacher and a reaaaally nice guy, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind adding me to your "Friends" list, and if so, how would we go about making it happen? Thanks!