Sign in to follow this  
daddysprimadonna

What Movie Tunes Get Stuck In Your Head?

80 posts in this topic

This is a fine Romance

Luck Be a Lady Tonight

I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby

Oklahoma- anything from that movie

Lets Call The Whole Thing Off

My Fair Lady- anything from that movie

I agree with allycat1920, i hate getting only some of a song in my head. Its seems i get Singin' in The Rain stuck in my head all the time but only the part where Gene Kelly sings "Du da du du du da du...." over and over and over again (which is strange since i no all the words) but i get these song in my head an awful lot

How could you believe me when i said i loved u when u no iv been a liar all my life?-Fred Astaire & Jane Powell, Royal Wedding

Now u has Jazz- Bing Crosby, High Society

Salome- Virginia O'Brien, Duberry was a Lady

Temptation- Bing Crosby, Going Hollywood

Get Happy- Judy Garland, Easter Parade

I got Rhythm- Gene Kelly, An American in Paris

And soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many more!

~The Very Thought of You

~A Fine Romance

~I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby

~that little "Hello, folks!" tune of the ice cream truck in Comfort and Joy

~and, of course . . . Look For the Silver Lining

When I think of Fred and Ginger, the uppermost song that comes to mind is the one they did so beautifully from "The Barkleys of Broadway"--THEY CAN'T TAKE THAT WAY FROM ME. (A song they did in an earlier RKO musical). But this version was a class act all the way--sophisticated and smooth.

And the othe number from Barkleys wasn't bad--"One and Only Highland Fling" showed them with a great sense of humor. Keep wondering how Judy Garland would have done that number with him.

Right now, the songs that keep going through my mind are the ALW songs from "Phantom of the Opera"--catchy little numbers aren't they??? (Music of the Night, All I Ask of You, Prima Donna, Think of Me, etc., etc.)...and then that famous MGM musical with the scarecrow singing "If I Only Had A Brain" for some reason keeps resonating over and over again!!! Must be trying to tell me something!

Neil

To name just a few:

"Fugue for Tinhorns" Guys and Dolls ("I've got the horse right here/Hisname is Paul Revere")

"If I Only Had a Brain" The Wizard of Oz

"Good Morning" Babes in Arms

"From This Moment On" Kiss Me Kate

"Pick Yourself Up" Swing Time

"I Had the Craziest Dream" Springtime in the Rockies

"You'll Never Know" Hello, Frisco, Hello

"Chattanooga Choo Choo" Sun Valley Serenade

Obviously, this didn't post the first time. ? Not really the type of movie songs that you're speaking of, perhaps, but the one song that does get stuck in my mind for days after watching this movie is Captain Boogie's March from Bridge over the River Kwai.

My two favorite railroad songs:

"Chatanooga-Choo-Choo" and "On the Atchinson, Topeka and the Santa Fe" run through my mind a great many times. Memorable music moments from SUN VALLEY SERENADE and THE HARVEY GIRLS.

When I worked with someone who never heard of "On the Atchinson", etc., I knew she wasn't a classic movie fan! Or a Judy Garland fan! Probably never heard of "The Trolley Song" either.

Neil

oh do you really and i mean really want to know.....its from...Song of the south its called...Zip a dee doo dah....[my oh my what wonderful day....]

"Hi-Lilli. Hi-Lo" from Lili (1953), which will be on tomorrow (Friday, 2/24) morning early, 4:15 AM ET. Ever since I watched this one last week, that song has been stuck in my head. It's a sweet (unique) little film if you've never seen it.

Dum, dum-de dum, dum-de dum... do not for-stake me oooh ma dar-linn... dum-de dum, dum-de dum.... not on this our wedddin? day.... dum-de dum, dum-de dum......

The Mancini theme for "Charade" (It was Mancini, right?) and for some reason, "I Can't Give You Anything But Love" from "Bringing Up Baby."

There are two that never seem to leave my head. 1) "Optimistic Voices" and 2)"The Night They Invented Champagne" I chalk up the later to TCM's Widescreen vs Pan & Scan promo. There is no accounting for the former though.

The Midas Touch... that mighty mighty Midas Touch..........

Must be the alliteration effect. Help!

"They Can't Take That Away From Me" will come back to me on a moment's notice. Has been doing that ever since I saw "That's Entertainment" in 1974.

dum-de dum, dum-de dum... do not for-stake me oooh ma dar-linn... dum-de dum, dum-de dum.... not on this our wedddin? day.... dum-de dum, dum-de dum......

"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow...there's a bright golden haze on the meadow...the corn is as high as an elephant's eyyyeeee..."

I watched "Oklahoma!" last weekend and this has been going through my mind ever since. LOVE that opening scene!

My favorite recording of this is the acapella version Bing Crosby did, with Trudy Erwin and the Sportsmen.

I can't watch "Bringing Up Baby"-for one thing,to me,it's an annoying movie,and second,if I hear even a hint of that song "I Can't Give You Anything But Love Baby",it'll be in my head for the rest of my life(it feels that way,LOL),and I find that one annoying song from an already annoying movie!

This song isn't from a movie,it's from an old Saturday morning kid's show-"HR Puffinstuff"-if I hear that song,it sticks in my head until I'll go mad-I despise that song! If anyone wanted to torture me,they could just make me listen to that song over and over!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us