Sign in to follow this  
IanPatrickMovieReviews

"Made for Each Other" 1939 Video Movie Review, Happy B-day Carole Lombard!

4 posts in this topic

In honor of Carole Lombard's birthday, I did a review of one of her lesser known movies! It had some pretty good moments! I hope you enjoy the review!

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel or give a like to the video if you enjoyed! I come out with about 3 reviews a week! 

post-52356-0-33177800-1444189649_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-33177800-1444189649_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Glad you reviewed this film, Ian. I will watch your video commentary later and get back to you. I am curious about why you only gave it two and a half stars. I think it's a three-star film.

Okay, I've watched it Ian. Some thoughts:

Lombard was also contracted to Selnzick for the screwball comedy NOTHING SACRED, made two years earlier with Fredric March. 

Coburn was just establishing himself as a dependable character actor in Hollywood at this stage of his film career.

Selznick first used this story (as you said, based on a real life event) in MGM's NIGHT FLIGHT made six years earlier, where there is an emergency flight to bring medicine to a sick child. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Flight_(1933_film)

• Like 1

Ian--I agree, it's a middling film at best.  My take on it is that it veered from comedy to drama & gets too close to ultimate tragedy.  It's too much to take, the swings in mood from scene to scene.  It's like "The War of the Roses" (1989), which was promoted as a romantic comedy--as opposed to a comedy about divorce, & what a couple will do to each other in the process--it's a good film--see it some day.

Your camera presence & confidence is fine--no real criticisms to make :)

• Like 1