Sign in to follow this  
IanPatrickMovieReviews

Ian Patrick's Halloween Special - Spooky Reviews & Recommendations

22 posts in this topic

I'm creating this forum just for the month of October! After October, I'll return to posting in my normal reviews/recommendations forum. I will be coming out with a new classic horror movie review just about every day so keep checking this forum!  

I am now on my second day of the Halloween Special and tonight's review is "Carnival of Souls." It was seriously scary, guys! On top of that, something a bit freaky spooked me at the end of the review. This is a must watch for the month of Halloween, and you can find it on YouTube if nowhere else! 

post-52356-0-32607100-1444689928_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-32607100-1444689928_thumb.jpg

Tonight's review is the first horror movie to ever win an Oscar! Fredric March was seriously incredible in the transformation scenes of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde." He was literally a different person when he was Mr. Hyde. This movie will certainly be a must watch every October from now on! You gotta see it! 

post-52356-0-70227900-1444792904_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-84767500-1444792907_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-70227900-1444792904_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-84767500-1444792907_thumb.jpg

To continue our month of nightmares, I have reviewed "The Bat." I'm always excited to see Vincent Price in movies. I still need to watch his Edgar Allen Poe flicks! 

This review is a bit of a short one. The movie turned into more of a whodunit movie than a horror :(

Remember to subscribe to my channel on YouTube and give a like to the video, it helps out a bunch!

post-52356-0-42237700-1444859769_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-51527600-1444859773_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-42237700-1444859769_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-51527600-1444859773_thumb.jpg

When do we get to see the Mexican version of DRACULA??

I see that TCM is advertising copies of it for sale, but when can we see it on the air at TCM??

• Like 2

When do we get to see the Mexican version of DRACULA??

I see that TCM is advertising copies of it for sale, but when can we see it on the air at TCM??

Excellent question! I've never seen that version, so I'd be interested to see it "Soy Dracula!" hehe

• Like 1

Excellent question! I've never seen that version, so I'd be interested to see it "Soy Dracula!" hehe

Yes, I like the "Soy Dracula" line too.

In Spanish, that line tends to mean more than just "I'm Dracula."

It means, "I'm the one and only, authentic and TRUE Dracula."

• Like 2

Yes, I like the "Soy Dracula" line too.

In Spanish, that line tends to mean more than just "I'm Dracula."

It means, "I'm the one and only, authentic and TRUE Dracula."

I liked what I saw in the trailer for it on YouTube. I hope TCM clan play it! I can't think of a better time for it.

Tonight's spooky review is one that TopBilled and I both decided to watch and review! "The Red House" is a must watch around Halloween time. If the woods scare you, then this movie will give you goosebumps! I forgot to mention in the review how great the score by Miklos Rozsa is! I also want to mention that not many people have checked out my "Carnival of Souls" review...you don't need to watch the review, but please see that movie! It was so well done and super creepy! 

Remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel, and you'll always know when my reviews come out! Also, leave comments because I love interacting with my viewers! 

post-52356-0-65425100-1444950365_thumb.jpg

post-52356-0-65425100-1444950365_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm glad you enjoyed the review! Yea...Edward G. Robinson was a little TOO attached to his adopted daughter! 

In the book, upon which the movie is based, she is actually the granddaughter of Judith Anderson's character...and that would make him her grand-uncle.

• Like 1

Back from a short break! Here is my review of "The Black Castle," with Boris Karloff and Richard Greene. It wasn't exactly scary, but it was a good period horror film! Halloween is coming up everyone, so try to fit in as many scary movies as you can!

Be sure to give a like to the video or follow my channel on YouTube if you like the reviews! 

One of my "Big 3" supernatural movies that everyone should watch at Halloween time!

This movie is one of the best supernatural movies out there. A must watch, guys!

Note the Ouija board scene! I want to correct myself in the video...the first appearance of the Ouija board in film history was "Koko" the Clown...not "Koke" the clown haha as I say in the video. 

Enjoy the review! 

Finally! I review one of the Roger Corman Edgar Allen Poe movies...I decided to start out with the first of eight that he would do..."House of Usher" or "The Fall of the House of Usher." I was a bit disappointed, but I'm definitely glad I saw it. I think my expectations were a little high!

Enjoy the review! Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel, I'm growing, and it's awesome talking to my viewers!

For you Dracula fans who don't mind intervening schlock, Svengoolie is showing Dracula this coming Saturday.  Now it won't be the Spanish version, but Dracula is Dracula in any language.  So it will not be commercial free but it will save you the cost of a ticket if your are a miser like myself.

• Like 1

I recently watched a super freaky witch movie, so if witches scare you, then this is the perfect movie for you. If you're a fan of the show "Salem," then this movie is perfect for you, too. "Horror Hotel" aka "The City of the Dead" stars Christopher Lee and came out in 1960. Shows the darkest side of witchcraft in a small village in New England. A great Halloween watch!

My review: 

This is the best film adaptation of H.G. Wells' novel, "The Island of Dr. Moreau." It is extremely disturbing and fun to watch at Halloween time!

Keep your animals close to you during this one, guys! Don't forget to like the vid and subscribe on YouTube for more spooky reviews!

I've always thought wax figures are really creepy...it's hard to believe this movie was made in 1933! It's super creepy...

Keep an eye out for the next spooky review! It's going to be a really horrific one!

Ian, thanks for the terrific review, of which now I want to see this film!

• Like 1

I've always thought wax figures are really creepy...it's hard to believe this movie was made in 1933! It's super creepy...

Keep an eye out for the next spooky review! It's going to be a really horrific one!

Nice review of this fine horror film.     I watched this when I was around 10 and I had nightmares for weeks.   One got to me was when the guy's wax face melted.    I just couldn't get that picture out of my head.

I also like that fact that Glenda Farrell was cast.    She add fine comic moments to the film but without distracting from the horror.

• Like 1