Sign in to follow this  
vamphunter1973

Please Help

4 posts in this topic

Greetings.

I am trying to locate a short that I cannot find through IMDB.

Back in the mid-80's, I saw a comedy short on TCM that left a definitive impression on me, and now I can't seem to locate it because another version of it was made in 1940 by Del Lord.

The title is "Cold Turkey". In Lord's 1940 version, Harry Langdon played the starring role and it took place during the Christmas season. The version I'm looking for took place during Thanksgiving.

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.

Greetings.

I am trying to locate a short that I cannot find through IMDB.

Back in the mid-80's, I saw a comedy short on TCM that left a definitive impression on me, and now I can't seem to locate it because another version of it was made in 1940 by Del Lord.

The title is "Cold Turkey". In Lord's 1940 version, Harry Langdon played the starring role and it took place during the Christmas season. The version I'm looking for took place during Thanksgiving.

Any information would be helpful.

Thank you.

The short you're thinking of has got to be the 1933 version of "Cold Turkey" made by Paramount, and starring Joseph Cawthorn. The 1940 Harry Langdon version is a close remake. But you didn't see it on TCM (bear in mind that TCM didn't start until April 1994) - that short was shown on The Movie Channel during a brief time in the 1980's when they (and sometimes Showtime) ran vintage comedy shorts as fillers between movies (and even had a young guy named Robert Osborne sometimes introducing them!)

I video-taped as many of those shorts as I could (including "Cold Turkey") and I'm glad I did, as some of them I have never seen again anywhere else since then (again, including "Cold Turkey"). 

• Like 1

Thank you....I'm guessing the reason I thought about it being TCM is because the videotape I had it recorded on DID, in fact, have an intro by none other than Robert Osborne. I have looked high and low for it, and it is definitely not on YouTube or any other sites that I have scoured searching for it. At least now, with your kind help, I have a little bit better clue as to what to look for. Thanks again!

Thank you....I'm guessing the reason I thought about it being TCM is because the videotape I had it recorded on DID, in fact, have an intro by none other than Robert Osborne. I have looked high and low for it, and it is definitely not on YouTube or any other sites that I have scoured searching for it. At least now, with your kind help, I have a little bit better clue as to what to look for. Thanks again!

It is understandable that sometimes people mix up TCM with The Movie Channel (which is sometimes called TMC).