Sign in to follow this  
IanPatrickMovieReviews

"The Uninvited" 1944 Video Movie Review - One of the first Supernatural Movies Ever!

6 posts in this topic

One of my "Big 3" supernatural movies that everyone should watch at Halloween time!

This movie is one of the best supernatural movies out there. A must watch, guys!

Note the Ouija board scene! I want to correct myself in the video...the first appearance of the Ouija board in film history was "Koko" the Clown...not "Koke" the clown haha as I say in the video. 

Enjoy the review! 

One of my "Big 3" supernatural movies that everyone should watch at Halloween time!

This movie is one of the best supernatural movies out there. A must watch, guys!

Note the Ouija board scene! I want to correct myself in the video...the first appearance of the Ouija board in film history was "Koko" the Clown...not "Koke" the clown haha as I say in the video. 

Enjoy the review! 

I love The Uninvited with its air of the supernatural.  I had first seen it (already in progress as I recall) in the 70's and did not catch the full import until seeing it again several years ago.  This is a great story with wonderful acting.  I love the dapper Ray Milland in all of his performances, but this one is exceptionally good. 

extra special!

• Like 1

I love The Uninvited with its air of the supernatural.  I had first seen it (already in progress as I recall) in the 70's and did not catch the full import until seeing it again several years ago.  This is a great story with wonderful acting.  I love the dapper Ray Milland in all of his performances, but this one is exceptionally good. 

extra special!

I completely agree with you MCannady! Ray Milland is always a joy to watch and was extra entertaining in this supernatural film. It's so fun to watch at Halloween time!

• Like 1

I completely agree with you MCannady! Ray Milland is always a joy to watch and was extra entertaining in this supernatural film. It's so fun to watch at Halloween time!

This is a well made supernatural film,  with fine acting solid direction and great story.    Special effects and gimmicks weren't necessary to get this viewer interested.      This is the film that made me fall hard for Gail Russell.   Here soft voice and venerable looks get to me every time.     In addition this film has one of the best songs to come out of the movies; Stella by Starlight.    This is a complex song and one I have been trying to play 'right' for over 20 years!     

Thanks for another nice review.

• Like 1

Thanks!  It is especially fun to watch at Halloween time.

• Like 1

Stella by Starlight.    This is a complex song and one I have been trying to play 'right' for over 20 years!     

Thanks for another nice review.

Thank you for watching, James! Who would have thought Ray Milland was such a great musician, right? lol 

Also, did James Cagney ever come out with a Christmas movie? Just curious...