Sign in to follow this  
Superx

Sexy classics you loved?

9 posts in this topic

Like the title said , write some sexy classic movies you liked..

for me :
Modesty Blaise (1966)
Fathom (1967)
Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969)
Lovers and Other Strangers(1970)

Thanks.

1. Mogambo

2. Belle de Jour

3. Baby Doll

4. To Catch a Thief

5. Vertigo

6. Love on a Pillow

7. The Seven Year Itch

8. And God Created Woman

9. Kiss Me, Stupid

10. Niagara

I suppose it may depend on just how you mean sexy. 

Ribald and erotic?

Or simply suggestive of sexual tension or mild and teasing skin displays.

Or otherwise.

I might suggest in a more mild definition, most JAMES BOND films, mostly those of the SEAN CONNERY period.

Also, RED DUST

SIGN OF THE CROSS

MY LITTLE CHICKADEE

IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT

RAIN

A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE

BUS STOP

This is a short list.  Many of the movies I might add to this list are ones I haven't seen in a long time and likely can't right now come up with the titles.

Sepiatone

I feel like some films cross the line and go from sexy to down-right perverse. In my opinion, KISS ME STUPID is quite perverse. And so is Wilder's earlier THE MAJOR AND THE MINOR, though it doesn't pretend to be sexy-- it just pretends to be cute.

Rita Hayworth's dance in SALOME.

SIGN OF THE CROSS.

TRUE LIES may be too recent to be considered a classic, but Jamie Lee Curtis's dance -- she doesn't know it's her husband she's doing it for -- is incredible.

I like films where everything but the actual sex is shown.  The flirting, the romantic foreplay, etc. I find films with innuendo much more interesting than watching two people go at "it" in bed. 

My favorite "sexy" films:

The Thomas Crown Affair (1968), mainly for the chess scene.

Picnic (1955) the dance between William Holden and Kim Novak during the "Moonglow" sequence is one of the sexiest moments in film.

Notorious (1946) Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman's "long" kiss.  

To Catch a Thief (1955) the fireworks sequence between Cary Grant and Grace Kelly

From Here to Eternity (1953) The classic beach scene between Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr

The Palm Beach Story (1942) The beginning of the film basically implies that Claudette Colbert and Joel McCrea are always in the sack together.

The Big Sleep (1946) The classic horse racing dialogue between Bogart and Bacall.

The More the Merrier (1943) The scene between Jean Arthur and Joel McCrea on the front steps is a very sexy scene.

To Have and Have Not (1944) The "you do know how to whistle scene" between Bogart and Bacall.

There are so many great moments in film.  These moments are really what elevates these films above others.

• Like 1

No worries SPEED.

TCM has and will often air "The Devil AND Miss Jones", but NEVER have "The Devil IN Miss Jones" in it's line-up.  ;)

I'm still not sure how broad a brushstroke the OP painted the word "sexy" with in his query.  The word could cover a lot of territory, or even just refer to a very narrow range of films.  As his scant few examples were not "classic" in most members' sense of the word, we'd need more clarification from Superx.

Could mean a certain amount of skin shown, or amount and/or level of innuendo, or the cleverness of it's dialogue double entendre. 

Any of it opens up a wide vista of possibilities.

But I do Speed, agree with your choice of that "horse racing" discussion between Bogey and Bacall in THE BIG SLEEP.  I've often brought it up in here whenever the discussions went in this direction.  I have the movie on an old VHS tape and played it for some I know who are too young to be that familiar with the film, and THEY claimed surprise that for the times, it WAS surprising it got past the censors.  ;)  And all your other choices can make my list, too.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I like films where everything but the actual sex is shown.  The flirting, the romantic foreplay, etc. I find films with innuendo much more interesting than watching two people go at "it" in bed. 

Yes I agree on this, and these are kind kind of sexy scenes I mean.

Thanks.

But for me I am more interested of the classics from 60s till the end of 70s, with all the groovy fashion. and I think the start of the 60s they start to make such tempting and bold scenes, and technicolor helped them.