Sign in to follow this  
Superx

Films with one main actor?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am looking to watch movies that have one main actor or few, I mean the whole cast won't exceed 3 people. I feel these kind of films are great and solid, because it focus on one character and that actor or actress play a great role to make the film reach success, I mean these films show you the skills of an actor and how talented is he/she.

I will give you an example:

One of my favorite films from this genre is : Duel (1971) by Steven Spielberg, the main actor is Dennis Weaver, I never get bored of this film and I watch it over and over. It is so great, with all the suspense and monologues, Dennis Weaver take all the film on his shoulders, awesome performance. Although this is kind of an underrated movie, maybe because it is produced for TV.

I will write some other films:

Repulsion (1965)

The Out of Towners (1970)

The Omega Man (1971)

Going In Style (1979)

I am Legend (2007)

Moon (2009)

Do you know any?

Thanks.

Alpha Beta (1976) -- only two actors, Albert Finney, Rachel Roberts.

My Dinner with Andre (1981) -- Four actors, but only two are key, Wallace Shawn, Andre Gregory.

The Omega Man (1971)

I am Legend (2007)

In that vein, The Last Man on Earth (1964).

And in another, Sleuth (1972).

And in another,  Silent Running (1972).

WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF has a small cast (four characters) but most of the action focuses on Burton & Taylor.

In some of Bette Davis' films, there may be a cast of thousands in the background-- like JEZEBEL-- but I am sure Bette believed she was the only one in the picture. It doesn't hurt when the whole thing is built around her and it's obvious she's in nearly every scene. LOL