Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

TCM Imports - Nov. 2015

2 posts in this topic

A great line up for November.  Kicking off with I Vitelloni, a superb film. I think it's a great idea to devote the month to Fellini's work, and this gives a nice overview of the 50s and 60s.

I still wish that TCM would rethink its scheduling so that the Foreign Imports segment wouldn't have to share Sunday night with the Silents -- they each deserve a night of their own.  And if they could start a little earlier so that those of us in the EST time zone could watch say, around 11, or even 12, instead of two in the morning, they probably  could build a bigger audience for these films.  Many TCM fans have a predilection for old Hollywood, which is fine, but TCM is also an archive that provides us with a valuable history of film globally, and I believe that there are enough of us subscribers to TCM to warrant giving the Foreign Imports segment a boost.  Personally, I would like to see it get the same kind of treatment as the Essentials, and have various film historians, critics, or film people come on as guests and discuss the films with Ben Mankiewicz.  If people are given some context, they can learn to appreciate these different types of moviemaking.

• Like 1