Sign in to follow this  
Guest Newman, Brandi

One Reel Wonders

9 posts in this topic

Guest Newman, Brandi

Ive only seen a few since i started viewing TCM, but the one that really cought my eye was, "Come on Get up!" It was very striking to me and i dont know why. Could someone tell me where i could get information on the actress in that short? Im not sure who she is. Or any info on these types of short films? Thank u, ever so. And would u please E-Mail me this information b/c im not sure how ofter i can come here. Thank you all, Sweetheart591@yahoo.com

Guest D., Carol

A long time ago I saw a one reel wonder. I think it was called then reel camp. It was very funny showing a girl riding an ostrich! I remember laughing so much watching it. Does anyone recall the name of this short? Please email me if you know at Soaps9877@aol.com. Thanks!!

Guest hicks, jr. tommie

I have been trying to find out the name of a short that appeared on TCM about ten years ago. It was an MGM short made in 1939. The reason I want to know the name of this short is that it has an appearance by Oliver Hardy which has still eluded his official filmography. I have tried to contact TCM by many mediums but they do not answer back. The short was about ten minutes long. I had just missed the opening credits. It was a newsreel like film covering an MGM party for Hal Roach on the 25th anniversary of his being a filmaker. There were scenes of his arrival at the studio with Oliver Hardy (wearing horn rim glasses and sans his moustache) by his side. It was on the MGM backlot for there were lots of scenes of stars in costume infering that this may have been a luncheon. The procession then goes into a soundstage for the rest of the celebration. If any of you have seen this and know the title please e-mail me at homesteader@netburner.net. Though it would be a minutial entry in Oliver Hardy's impressive and gigantic filmography, this appearance needs to be noted.----Tommie Hicks, Jr.

Guest miller, kathy

they played a one reel wonder in mid July about seattle and i wanted to know the year it was filmed. There was a scene about University of washington and there rowing teams. If the year was right my dad may have been there.

Guest Brandi, N

Dogs!!! Last nite TCM played A short before "Age of Innocence" That included dogs in cowboy getup in black and white. The female dog was a gypsy and there was a gunfight in the bar between the dogs. Could someone tell me the names of or give me info on this short?

Guest Alix

Gosh, I hate these shorts! It was undoubtedly part of the "Dogville Comedies." These shorts spoofed many of the major films of the early 30's. I didn't see it, so I can't supply the name, but perhaps someone else can.

Guest Boyajian, Jerry

Kathy, I can't say for sure what short you saw, but one entry in James FitzPatrick's Traveltalks series is titled "Seattle: Gateway to the Northwest", which was filmed in 1940. Perhaps that's the one you're looking for.

Guest Injasoulian, Ani

Two weeks ago on Sunday after Jaws there was a short of dogs playing football. I didn't catch the beginning and was wondering if anyone knew the title or anything else about it.