Sign in to follow this  
lzcutter

New Look to Schedule for TCMProgrammer

111 posts in this topic

Wrangler - I don't know where you're looking, but if you're viewing the Canadian schedule, just click on this month and it's all there. It appears in a new window.

Wrangler,

Go to the schedule page and click on Canadian schedule, it will show you the Canadian schedule. You can also see the Canadian schedule for the next three months as well.

Did you physically check this out Izcutter? As far as I could see, there were no listings yet for February or March. The only one updated so far, I believe, is January.

Purple,

The February schedule started to load then stopped. Hopefully, they will get it fixed soon.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hello - thanks to others for helping out with information on this - the Feb. Canadian schedule was only recently completed and should be availble for viewing in the printable schedule section tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

tcmweb

Thanks, tcmweb1 and tcmprogrammer, for your responses. We only start to think it's malicious when we hear nothing. Keep us posted. Remember for everyone who "complains", there are many more who you don't hear from but are feeling just as frustrated.

Sounds like we all love TCM and what you provide. We just want to be able to access it

a lot easier.

KEEP IN TOUCH!!

Understand please, I can't click a description on a description in my printed schedule! Keep your wimpy changes to the site. Give us our schedule in the same printout as before, PLEASE! Give us: times zones, 3 month capability, Let us control size of printed font, full old descriptions. Nothing was wrong with old schedule, nothing is right with new one. I printed January under the old format 22 pages, new one 49 pages. Is that an improvement?

Take a poll on your new schedule and site. Find out what the public thinks. You can put a poll up overnight. Then show the results to someone who might care.

Y'all made a mistake, correct it - don't compound it.

>

. We will, based upon requests, also add in

> the film descriptions to the current day view as was

> on the previous site. For every complaint listed

> here on the lack of film descriptions, we also

> received equal complaints that our previous schedule

> was too long and difficult to read. If you go to

> the current schedule and simply hold your mouse

> arrow over a film title, the description will

> appear. But given the feedback, we will add these

> back in.

>

> Thanks again for the feedback and patience.

>

> tcmweb

so just to make sure i understand this...

you can no longer just search the schedule by genre. This was probably far to simple and intuitive for most people so it had to be removed....

Now you search the 'site' for the genre and get your results under 'schedule matches' in alphabetical order?!?!?

Still waiting for the schedule printout to give us a TIME ZONE choice :o(

How long do we have to watch Tuesday's movies on Monday night?

Tcmprogrammers: How about an update? We're still out here, waiting for our time zone

change-ability. It's now Jan. 18 eastern time. Any hope for us? Should we keep silently waiting? What's up? What's the good word? Are you listening? Please respond!!!!

PLEASE communicate with us TCM fans out here. Thanks from the West Coast.

We got kind of spoiled by the TCM website, didn't we?

Although I don't like a lot of the changes, I'm not inclined to complain?not now that I see so many people willing to do my complaining for me.

I'll just keep waiting patiently for more website tweaking, and read the forums in the meantime.

tcmprogrammer: Thanks for the update. I so miss my schedule, and I am glad to know that you are working on it. Sounds like a simple thing, having an up-to-date schedule on hand. Who would have realized it was so valuable. Thanks again. it is much appreciated.

The "Remind Me" feature you reference used to work great but is now totally screwed up. It is supposed to remind you 1 week before the movies airs and again, 24 hours before the airing. It worked great before the site was redone. Now if you select remind me you will get 2 reminders sent to you around midnight before the movie airs. If the movie airs at 3am your reminders will arrive just three hours before the film starts. I've even gotten reminders sent to me AFTER the film aired. I've emailed TCM about this issue but have yet to get a reply back and the problem persists.

What changes are being planned so we get a schedule like the one we had and found usable. Unlike the changes made. Changes should be made to improve, could you list an improvement made?

PST PSST. PSSSSSSSSSSSSST.

Any update on when we can expect selectable time zones to return? January is almost over.

Thank you.

"Disappointed in PST"

i total hate it they use to show all time zones BUT now they only show eastern time zone ...im mountain time zone...are they try to say all other suck it sure does fell that way

i used to be able to request reminder a month in advance of the movie playing. now it seems like i have to do it on a daily or weekly basis. i just got on here last night and noticed the change. if i am not doing something correctly, could someone walk me through it? thanks.

Hello -

You can set a reminder for a title playing months in advance by first looking at our monthly schedules - the links that say "this month" - "next month" - "the month after" in our Schedule section. Then, search on a title you want to be reminded of via our our site search. Do this by selecting "site" at the top of the home page in the Search Bar, entering your title, and then selecting "go." You should find the title under a header called "schedule results", and you can set a reminder then.

We are working on adding viewable upcoming months (where you can set a reminder by browsing months ahead, like the old site, rather than searching on it in this manner) very soon.

We are making changes to the schedule page to include these upcoming viewable months and time zone selections, as well as all of the previous information (synopsis, cast/crew, etc.) for titles that were on the previous site schedule. We're doing this because of your requests, but we please ask for your patience. We're hoping to have these changes completed and live in February. We will keep you updated - we are addressing your concerns and will do it as fast as we can. Thank you.

tcmweb

Thanks TCM. I appreciate that all of this takes time, and I for one (of many I'm sure) am very happy that you will be adding back some of the old features .

However, someone else mentioned this and it has now happened to me. I set a reminder for a program about a month ago. The movie started at 3:00 am PST, I got two reminders on the day of the movie (sent at 1:00 am) so by the time I got to my e-mail, the movie had long finished, and is now not on the schedule, so I've missed it completely.

PLEASE, PLEASE look into this problem.

Looking forward to an awesome site when all modifications are up and running.

Hello - we are working on the email reminder issue and should have this adjusted in the next few days where all reminders will email out a full 24 hours before a title airs. Appreciate your further patience. Thank you.

tcmweb

Is there a way to format the printable monthly schedule in a time zone other than Eastern? I seem to remember I used to be able to do this.

Also, these discussion boards: they're the only ones I've seen that are upside down! You have to read them from the bottom of the page up to read the posts in order! Is this necessary?

Thanks!

lissener,

Surprisingly enough, that's the way folks here like to read them. They tried to change it a few months ago and the vote, overwhelmingly, was to return to this format where you read down to up and then oldest to newest.

Guess we like going against the trend.