Sign in to follow this  
JakeHolman

Only Conservatives Can Save The American Campus

310 posts in this topic

PARENTS ARE WASTING THEIR MONEY ON THIS BILE...

Well at least the students at UVA have a solid knowledge of American history.

Dear Jake:

I don't think anybody could defend the goofy statements you showcase above, and I am a Democrat. So let me tell you that this Democrat thinks that "the worst of the left" statements you publish above are indefensible. But are you serious when you say that only conservatism can save America or the American campus? Conservatives won Congress in 1995 and one of the first things that they did was let pharma companies advertise. And they took that advertising budget out of the hides of people who used their medicines. I wrote someplace else that Forteo - a drug of last resort in osteoporosis that was released in 2005 - has gone from 500-700 dollars a month to 3700 dollars a month in 12 years. Why? Because they can.

GW Bush takes office and finally gets his dream legislation pushed through - something that makes bankruptcy extremely punitive for ordinary people and makes student loans follow you to the grave no matter how your life circumstances change. Get cancer? Too bad, pay me. Die and your parents cosigned - too bad, pay me. Sounds like lines from "Goodfellas". Actually, add some profanity, and I think these ARE lines from Goodfellas. Oh, but there are certain complex trusts that rich people know about and can afford to get an attorney to set up that shelter them from bankruptcy.

Trump and Paul Ryan only agreed on one thing - a tax bill that puts some extra money in the hands of the middle class, but really lets the rich off the hook.  Ryan decides to retire from the House since he subscribes to the philosophy of Ayn Rand, and believing selfishness is a virtue, has gotten all he can out of this job. By the way, why are Christians voting for people who follow nutty Ayn Rand? She was an atheist capitalist, and if you ever read her story she spent her entire marriage cheating on her husband, Frank, and primarily married him so she would not have to go back to Russia. She also believed in smoking to show man's dominance over fire. Seriously. Hers was and is a cult of personality. And yes I have read her works. But that's another story.

8 hours ago, calvinnme said:

Dear Jake:

I don't think anybody could defend the goofy statements you showcase above, and I am a Democrat. So let me tell you that this Democrat thinks that "the worst of the left" statements you publish above are indefensible. But are you serious when you say that only conservatism can save America or the American campus? Conservatives won Congress in 1995 and one of the first things that they did was let pharma companies advertise. And they took that advertising budget out of the hides of people who used their medicines. I wrote someplace else that Forteo - a drug of last resort in osteoporosis that was released in 2005 - has gone from 500-700 dollars a month to 3700 dollars a month in 12 years. Why? Because they can.

GW Bush takes office and finally gets his dream legislation pushed through - something that makes bankruptcy extremely punitive for ordinary people and makes student loans follow you to the grave no matter how your life circumstances change. Get cancer? Too bad, pay me. Die and your parents cosigned - too bad, pay me. Sounds like lines from "Goodfellas". Actually, add some profanity, and I think these ARE lines from Goodfellas. Oh, but there are certain complex trusts that rich people know about and can afford to get an attorney to set up that shelter them from bankruptcy.

Trump and Paul Ryan only agreed on one thing - a tax bill that puts some extra money in the hands of the middle class, but really lets the rich off the hook.  Ryan decides to retire from the House since he subscribes to the philosophy of Ayn Rand, and believing selfishness is a virtue, has gotten all he can out of this job. By the way, why are Christians voting for people who follow nutty

*Ayn Rand? She was an atheist capitalist, and if you ever read her story she spent her entire marriage cheating on her husband, Frank, and primarily married him so she would not have to go back to Russia. She also believed in smoking to show man's dominance over fire. Seriously. Hers was and is a cult of personality. And yes I have read her works. But that's another story.

I've read Ayn Rand's books too-- I wonder if John Galt was speaking to her when  later in her life she was dependent upon the American system of entitlements?

• Like 1