JakeHolman

VETERANS DAY

144 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Vietnam Veterans to Trump: 'We're All Behind You In Making America Great Again' http://dlvr.it/Q0HRd5  #trending

As a Vietnam Veteran, I totally oppose what Trump is doing to this country and his administrations planned cuts to benefits earned by the military.  While the budgets are being expanded, it is for equipment and facilities which ultimately benefit the Military-Industrial-Political complex (corporations), not the people serving nor the veterans.

I know a lot of veterans who voted against Trump.  Last week I was at the VA clinic and got into a conversation with two other veterans.  All three of us are opposed to Trump and doubt his sincerity in really doing what is right for the military and veterans over the long term.

One qualifier of support for Trump is to remember that most veterans and military personnel are supporters of the Republican Party regardless of who the candidates or elected/appointed officials are.  That support is beginning to wane though because of Trump.

• Thanks 3

Now now, Cid. Just wait until the new tax bill is passed by those "oh so patriotic" congressional Republicans, and then just THINK of all the extra Federal money it'll have that'll "trickle down" to our veterans in need.

(...word to the wise here though...don't hold your breath until this happens)

3 hours ago, Dargo said:

Now now, Cid. Just wait until the new tax bill is passed by those "oh so patriotic" congressional Republicans, and then just THINK of all the extra Federal money it'll have that'll "trickle down" to our veterans in need.

(...word to the wise here though...don't hold your breath until this happens)

Understand your point exactly, but for benefit of others, the new tax bill has provisions to lower benefits.

The NFLPA is running ads that honor veterans on veterans weekend.    I wonder if this will have much of an impact on those that feel the so called anthem protest were disrespectful to the nation, vets, flag,  etc...

My gut tells me that the cost for these ads (assuming the NFLPA had to pay the networks),  is money wasted.

NPRVerified account @NPR 40m40 minutes ago

After thousands of U.S. veterans won a class-action suit against the military over being used in chemical and biological testing, the Army says it will pay for their medical care.

But the group's attorneys say the service is falling short of meeting its obligations, and that it's withholding details veterans are seeking about what agents they were exposed to.

NationalParkServiceVerified account @NatlParkService 13h13 hours ago

The National Park Service will commemorate #VeteransDay with special events & free admission nationwide on Sunday, November 11.

Multiple parks & programs will also emphasize the 100th anniversary of the Armistice of #WWI. Learn more at https://www.nps.gov/subjects/npscelebrates/veterans-day.htm 

Park ranger greets veteran near the World War II Memorial in Washington, DC

Library of CongressVerified account @librarycongress 12h12 hours ago

Sunday marks 100 years since the armistice that ended World War I. Now we celebrate that day as #VeteransDay.

#Armistice100 #ww1 #wwi Look back on this "war to end all wars" through our "Echoes of the Great War" exhibition https://www.loc.gov/exhibitions/world-war-i-american-experiences/about-this-exhibition/?loclr=twloc 

DrkeX78WkAArZnN.jpg