Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

War on Christmas??

54 posts in this topic

Jesus sold more books, the Beatles sold more records.

Let's call it a tie. :)

Naaaah! I hate gettin' "ties" for Christmas, Vautrin.

I've never gotten one that didn't clash with my suit.

(...checks and stripes never go good together, ya know)

;)

Funny, ND ol' buddy, but I'VE tended to notice during my 63 years on this planet that in general it tends to be "you conservatives" who are a little more inclined to "pick and choose" the passages from that certain book which suit YOUR purposes best.

And, "funny" AGAIN, but I've ALSO noticed in that same length of time that the passages from that certain book "you conservatives" will MOST often quote from PRE-DATE the time of the man you just referenced and HIS sage advice.

Yep, now ain't that funny?! Yep, God(if there IS one of course)'s universe is suuuuure one funny place, now ain't it?! 

jesus never personally voided any old testament tenets that I know of except animal sacrifice since HE was the ultimate paschal lamb.

animal sacrifice became unnecessary after his crucifixion.

...animal sacrifice became unnecessary after his crucifixion.

Oh, SO not true, my friend!!!

I'll be DAMNED(of course I probably already am, according to your philosophy) if I EVER become one of those freakin' VEGANS!!!

LOL

;)

jesus never personally voided any old testament tenets that I know of

He did. His teaching - the entirety of it - voided all the barbaric tenets that Moses' scribes put in place.

It wasn't for nothing that He called out the Pharisees (and their upper-crust Sadducees) - those learned leaders of the "faith" - for their misleading of the people.

You can't believe in, or live by, the Old Testament - and follow Christ at the same time. Can't be done.