Sign in to follow this  
IanPatrickMovieReviews

"Invisible Ghost" 1941 Video Movie Review - Beware of the Invisible Ghost!

3 posts in this topic

For this week's Frightening Friday Flick, I chose one with sort of a funny title..."Invisible Ghost." It's only an hour long and perfect for cuddling up on the couch! 

Be sure to subscribe on Youtube...and please leave comments because I'd love to talk to more people about these great classics!

• Like 1

Glad to see you're still covering horror films (post-Halloween)...I will look at your review later today when I can give it my full attention.

Okay, I have had time to watch the review, Ian.

I agree that the title seems a bit off (oxymoronic?)...I thought you were going to say Polly Ann Young looked like Loretta Young not Joan Crawford (she was Loretta's sister). 

Some of the scenes in the film are definitely disturbing. Probably the reason most of the action takes place indoors (in one main set) is because of the limited budget, since this was a Monogram 'cheapie.' I liked how you described a scene you thought the director filmed expertly. Even the cheaper horror flicks can have moments of cinematic brilliance in them, and that's important to note.

You didn't say why you selected this film...obviously, it looked interesting to you for some discernible reason (and it couldn't have been the title!). I liked the way you blew out the candle at the end of the review. :) 

• Like 1