Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

the liberal rationale for the existence of radical islam

17 posts in this topic

https://www.facebook.com/faisalsalmutar/posts/906729506085781

as hilariously demented as that exchange is, yesterday that bleep kerry told his state department employees that from the radical muslim point of view, they felt justified in carrying out the charlie hebdo attack of last year but what is so despicable is that kerry was saying this in the larger context regarding last friday nite's mayhem in paris. but liberals have always felt they can do or say whatever they want being master interpreters of the human condition that they presume themselves to be...and that is why they think nothing of knocking their fellow americans of traditional moral beliefs and religious faith.

it's what I would call their 'joad syndrome'. anyone who disagrees with their conception of what humanity should be is a joad. a backwards ignorant buffoon usually found living in our rural areas. liberals are people who have claimed for decades that all they wanna do is help everyone, the oppressed and the downtrodden. and fellows like mike huckabee? simple. he is merely responding in kind. who among us would tolerate being grossly libeled in such a one-way fashion? having your motives and way of life distorted by those who claim to be of beneficent aims.

sure they are.

https://www.facebook.com/faisalsalmutar/posts/906729506085781

as hilariously demented as that exchange is, yesterday that bleep kerry told his state department employees that from the radical muslim point of view, they felt justified in carrying out the charlie hebdo attack of last year but what is so despicable is that kerry was saying this in the larger context regarding last friday nite's mayhem in paris. but liberals have always felt they can do or say whatever they want being master interpreters of the human condition that they presume themselves to be...and that is why they think nothing of knocking their fellow americans of traditional moral beliefs and religious faith.

it's what I would call their 'joad syndrome'. anyone who disagrees with their conception of what humanity should be is a joad. a backwards ignorant buffoon usually found living in our rural areas. liberals are people who have claimed for decades that all they wanna do is help everyone, the oppressed and the downtrodden. and fellows like mike huckabee? simple. he is merely responding in kind. who among us would tolerate being grossly libeled in such a one-way fashion? having your motives and way of life distorted by those who claim to be of beneficent aims.

sure they are.

Huckajoke and you have much more in common with Islamic Fundamentalist than liberals.  

• Like 1

Huckajoke and you have much more in common with Islamic Fundamentalist than liberals.  

you can't address that. nails liberalism pretty good, doan it? :D

I'm not a christian fundamentalist or even a southern baptist. :)

Yeeeaaah. ;)

(...and I'm not a big smart*** either)

Fundamentally then, what are you? A Northern Trappist monk?   :unsure:

• Like 1

Not sure why Kerry felt it was necessary to state the

obvious--that ISIS's motives and actions are based

on their view of Islam, and that, from that point of view,

they feel justified in those acts. NSS.

Because one can never imply or even flat out say what he said enough to people who think, no believe, THEIR freakin' religion is "better than someone else's"! it's the old concept of "Silence Gives Consent" that he's attempting to buck here.

Not, of course, that this ever really works to get the people who really need it the most to understand this to actually open their minds and let this message sink in, because of course whatever THEIR version of "God" "tells 'em" will almost always override that process.

(...c'mon, YOU knew all this) ;)

Because one can never imply or even flat out say what he said enough to people who think, no believe, THEIR freakin' religion is "better than someone else's"! it's the old concept of "Silence Gives Consent" that he's attempting to buck here.

Not, of course, that this ever really works to get the people who really need it the most to understand this to actually open their minds and let this message sink in, because of course whatever THEIR version of "God" "tells 'em" will almost always override that process.

(...c'mon, YOU knew all this) ;)

but Dargy, the motives of isis certainly are not secular, now are they? I only know of two incidents of terrorism perpetrated by two individuals that you could legitimately tie to christianity and even then, certainly not the mainstream variety, eric rudolph and timothy mcveigh. but two against hordes of islamo-berserkers is a pretty weak argument to attack mainstream christianity with...

or is it all about hating on traditional american religious faith? :D

but Dargy, the motives of isis certainly are not secular, now are they? I only know of two incidents of terrorism perpetrated by two individuals that you could legitimately tie to christianity and even then, certainly not the mainstream variety, eric rudolph and timothy mcveigh. but two against hordes of islamo-berserkers is a pretty weak argument to attack mainstream christianity with...

oh and of course I am referring to the modern era of time....

so therefore the crusades and the spanish inquisition doan count...

not because they weren't terrorism but simply because they happened so long ago....

the crusades what? a thousand years ago and the spanish inquisition what? 400 years ago.

and even then historically they are considered aberrations.

throw in lightin' up joan of arc if you want. :D

but Dargy, the motives of isis certainly are not secular, now are they? I only know of two incidents of terrorism perpetrated by two individuals that you could legitimately tie to christianity and even then, certainly not the mainstream variety, eric rudolph and timothy mcveigh. but two against hordes of islamo-berserkers is a prety weak argument to attack mainstream christianity with...

No, of course not, my friend.

Remember what James replied to you earlier in this baby about your philosophy in comparison to theirs?

Well, THEIRS is just a little, okay, A LOT more radical than YOURS, that's all.

(...same principle still at play here, however...each side "believes" a little too much in their own interpretation of what "God's plan is for ALL of us" being more "righteous" than another)

Remember what James replied to you earlier in this baby about your philosophy in comparison to theirs?

(...same principle still at play here, however...each side "believes" a little too much in their own interpretation of what "God's plan is for us" being more "righteous" than another)

(...same principle still at play here, however...each side "believes" a little too much in their own interpretation of what "God's plan is for us" being more "righteous" than another)

I doan necessarily disagree with that, Dargy. too much self-righteousness coming from all quarters. I won't deny that...

but right now isis and other islamo-berserkers think psychopathy is in vogue and they are flaunting it.

I doan necessarily disagree with that, Dargy. too much self-righteousness coming from all quarters. I won't deny that...

but right now isis and other islamo-berserkers think psychopathy is in vogue and they are flaunting it.

I, of course, was ONLY talking "root causes" here, DG.

(...and sorry, but right this minute I don't feel like discussing "present war strategy"...maybe later I will)

Well, there IS no "traditional American religious faith".  This country has long had many faiths in existence in it's borders

I also applaud Kerry's attempt to at least try to understnd what ISIS is all about in their attempts.  Understanding someone helps lead to how to best deal with them.

And, we DON'T need Trump's incendiary rhetoric about bombing people out of existance and all the sabre rattling. 

Of course, what would help best is for all those who manage to get drawn in by the Isis recruitment strategy to wake up and realize they're all being played for FOOLS.  I don't think ANYbody up the ranks of that group give TWO **** about any of those suicide bombers, and whether or not they accomplished what they THOUGHT they would.

Just remember -----conservatives have NO tighter grip on patriotism or religious faith than anyone else.  Just as YOU don't seem to have that tight a grip on either reality or sanity.

Sepiatone

Edited by TCMModerator1
Edited for Language
  • Like 1

I was wondering why he would tell this to State Dept. employees.

I'm sure they already are familiar with the clear motives of ISIS.

It was likely just an occasion to restate the obvious for no particular

reason, just something that SOS do as part of their job.

Yeah, Doncha just HATE the kind'a jobs where ya gotta do the same thing over and over again?!!!

(...that whole repetitive thing wears ya down after awhile, ya know!) ;)

Yeah, but that's the way it works, whether you're the manager

of a McDonalds or the SOS. Let's do this one more time. :)

And with the only difference being of course that when Kerry makes a speech, he doesn't have to end it by saying, "Would you like fries with this"....RIGHT?! ;)

(...well, of course lately, it's that he doesn't have to ask at this end of speeches, "Would you like to super-size this order, Fat***?")

For years the French have been vilified by Americans to the point that potatoes and toast had to be referred to as 'Freedom" and not "French".  Yet 48 hours after the attacks in Paris their law enforcement and military were on the move hunting down those responsible and getting their quarry.  Yesterday they took out the leader of the terrorists.  They didn't wait for bickering parties to agree or vetoes; they just went out and did it.  Could we say the same?

The King of Jordan said it better than anyone on 60 Minutes when a reporter called ISIS members Muslims.  Drawing himself up straight he thundered "THEY ARE NOT MUSLIMS!  I AM A MUSLIM!  THEY ARE NOT MUSLIMS; THEY ARE TERRORISTS!"  It's helpful to remember that not all of them wish us ill. 

Well, there IS no "traditional American religious faith".  This country has long had many faiths in existence in it's borders

I also applaud Kerry's attempt to at least try to understnd what ISIS is all about in their attempts.  Understanding someone helps lead to how to best deal with them.

And, we DON'T need Trump's incendiary rhetoric about bombing people out of existance and all the sabre rattling. 

Of course, what would help best is for all those who manage to get drawn in by the Isis recruitment strategy to wake up and realize they're all being played for FOOLS.  I don't think ANYbody up the ranks of that group give TWO **** about any of those suicide bombers, and whether or not they accomplished what they THOUGHT they would.

Just remember -----conservatives have NO tighter grip on patriotism or religious faith than anyone else.  Just as YOU don't seem to have that tight a grip on either reality or sanity.

Sepiatone

yeah, but kerry makes the mistake of trying to understand the motives of isis at the wrong time.

now ain't that time. no sir! :)