Sign in to follow this  
HomesoulM

Shorts not mentioned on TCM schedule

5 posts in this topic

Why the shorts are not mentioned on the TCM Schedule? It used to mention them in between the films shown. Hope for reply.

This happens every so often. The schedulers, whom I affectionately call the TCM Elves, get behind or distracted. Don't know what they are up to these days.

I post info on the shorties on the companion forum to this, but I don't have anything to post when every shortie is an unscheduled "surprise". At this time of year, we should be getting A VISIT WITH SANTA, STAR IN THE NIGHT and the Hardy Family (Mickey Rooney included) wishing the Loews' theaters a merry holiday.

We will also be getting Disney cartoons in another week or so... and I included those in an upcoming post.

http://fan.tcm.com/blogpost/tcm-short-subject-schedule-starting-december-10th-2015

I agree. I used to spend lots of time going through the on screen guide for TCM so I would not miss a short, be it a "Travel Talk with James Fitzpatrick" or a "Pete Smith Special" or Dave Brian, Robert Benchley/anyone else short. What is happening? Has anyone heard of a response from TCM about why the shorts are not listed on the on-screen guide? We have Comcast cable in my town. 

• Like 1

I agree. I used to spend lots of time going through the on screen guide for TCM so I would not miss a short, be it a "Travel Talk with James Fitzpatrick" or a "Pete Smith Special" or Dave Brian, Robert Benchley/anyone else short. What is happening? Has anyone heard of a response from TCM about why the shorts are not listed on the on-screen guide? We have Comcast cable in my town. 

We have Charter and they haven't shown the shorts in months.  I think TCM is not providing them with the information.

Does TCM have a place on tcm.com that lists upcoming shorts for the next week or so? Only place I have found them listed is on the current day's schedule.

Short shown, but not listed on the schedule:

Saturday morning, Sept. 24 at about 11:50 A.M. (eastern time): "On the Shores of Nova Scotia" (1947) - MGM ("TravelTalks" series).

Also, on Sept. 26: "Mr. Blabbermouth" (1942, MGM) at 1:50 A.M. (early Sept. 27 actually).

Also, on Sept. 29: "Basketball Headliners" (1956, RKO-Pathe).