Sign in to follow this  
HomesoulM

Shorts not mentioned on TCM schedule

5 posts in this topic

This happens every so often. The schedulers, whom I affectionately call the TCM Elves, get behind or distracted. Don't know what they are up to these days.

I post info on the shorties on the companion forum to this, but I don't have anything to post when every shortie is an unscheduled "surprise". At this time of year, we should be getting A VISIT WITH SANTA, STAR IN THE NIGHT and the Hardy Family (Mickey Rooney included) wishing the Loews' theaters a merry holiday.

We will also be getting Disney cartoons in another week or so... and I included those in an upcoming post.

http://fan.tcm.com/blogpost/tcm-short-subject-schedule-starting-december-10th-2015

I agree. I used to spend lots of time going through the on screen guide for TCM so I would not miss a short, be it a "Travel Talk with James Fitzpatrick" or a "Pete Smith Special" or Dave Brian, Robert Benchley/anyone else short. What is happening? Has anyone heard of a response from TCM about why the shorts are not listed on the on-screen guide? We have Comcast cable in my town. 

• Like 1

I agree. I used to spend lots of time going through the on screen guide for TCM so I would not miss a short, be it a "Travel Talk with James Fitzpatrick" or a "Pete Smith Special" or Dave Brian, Robert Benchley/anyone else short. What is happening? Has anyone heard of a response from TCM about why the shorts are not listed on the on-screen guide? We have Comcast cable in my town. 

We have Charter and they haven't shown the shorts in months.  I think TCM is not providing them with the information.

Does TCM have a place on tcm.com that lists upcoming shorts for the next week or so? Only place I have found them listed is on the current day's schedule.

Short shown, but not listed on the schedule:

Saturday morning, Sept. 24 at about 11:50 A.M. (eastern time): "On the Shores of Nova Scotia" (1947) - MGM ("TravelTalks" series).

Also, on Sept. 26: "Mr. Blabbermouth" (1942, MGM) at 1:50 A.M. (early Sept. 27 actually).

Also, on Sept. 29: "Basketball Headliners" (1956, RKO-Pathe).