Sign in to follow this  
mr6666

TV's funniest cartoon stars?

5 posts in this topic

http://www.paleycenter.org/tvs-funniest-animated-stars-a-paley-center-for-media-special/

TV’s Funniest Animated Stars: A Paley Center For Media Special

"TV'S FUNNIEST ANIMATED STARS: A PALEY CENTER FOR MEDIA SPECIAL is set to air Monday, Dec. 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. The two-hour special will honor the 40 most iconic, beloved and groundbreaking animated stars who have influenced generations of fans, created new dictionary entries (D'oh!), broken down barriers with irreverent social commentary and, most importantly, made us laugh."

I saw some of this  "Fox" presentation which not suprisingly gave a lot of weight to its own recent  shows characters. Really, for longevity and the amount of entertainment value how can Bugs Bunny not be the slam dunk number one choice?

To slight such great comic characters as Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck to give Seth MacFarlane's Stewie first place as the "funniest" cartoon star certainly didn't make ME laugh. Stewie is such a sociopathic, scatalogical, teasing chatterbox that I can't stand having the TV on when he is on the screen.  Of course all the millenials love "Family Guy", it's just not for us old duffers. It takes a strong stomach to watch 21st century comedy, after I watch any of it I need a bicarb.

I didn't see this post until now so I didn't even watch the special.  

While I like "Family Guy," and think Stewie has his moments, my favorite character is Brian.  As someone who was born at the beginning of the millennial generation, I somewhat resent the implication that anything that caters to that generation is instantly not worth watching.  It's just a different type of comedy.  Though I do agree that some of the cartoons these days aren't good, but that's only because it isn't my type of humor.  

I really cannot stand Betty Boop.  I think she's irritating.  I would watch an entire day of "Family Guy" over watching one Betty Boop cartoon.  

My favorite cartoon characters:

1. Bugs Bunny

2. Daffy Duck

3. Donald Duck

4. Milhouse Van Houten (The Simpsons)

5. Hank Hill (King of the Hill)

6. Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory)

7. Squidward Tentacles (Spongebob SquarePants)

8. Space Ghost

9. Brian (Family Guy)

10. Roger (American Dad)

There are many more.  I love cartoons. 

To slight such great comic characters as Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck to give Seth MacFarlane's Stewie first place as the "funniest" cartoon star certainly didn't make ME laugh. Stewie is such a sociopathic, scatalogical, teasing chatterbox that I can't stand having the TV on when he is on the screen.  Of course all the millenials love "Family Guy", it's just not for us old duffers. It takes a strong stomach to watch 21st century comedy, after I watch any of it I need a bicarb.

uuuuuuhhh, this was a FOX (home network of 'Family Guy') presentation

& NOT popular or critical choices