elsquared

why are email reminders not working?

20 posts in this topic

I see that other people have posted about this, but the email reminders are not working for me at all.  I've even tried using different email addresses.  I've sent 5 or 6 emails to TCM but never got even a form reply.  I'd like to contact them the old-fashioned way - via snail mail - but good luck finding a mailing address.  Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Are you still having trouble? Since so many people are complaining about it, I am wondering if maybe they stopped sending the email reminders altogether. Anyone know..?

Yes, I'm still having trouble.  No email reminders at all.  I made a phone call to the number at the link I found and left a message.  I have my fingers crossed that I'll get a reply.

Yes, I'm still having trouble.  No email reminders at all.  I made a phone call to the number at the link I found and left a message.  I have my fingers crossed that I'll get a reply.

Well, keep us posted..if you hear anything back from them. I have a feeling they discontinued the feature, which is unfortunate because a lot of people came to rely on it.

I also tried the Email (next to Reminder) to send myself an email note. It says 'sent successfully', but I have received no email that way either. It seems odd that a popular feature such as this which no longer functions should go unresolved for so long a period.

• Like 1

It's pretty silly that a service which encourages people to watch TCM has been disabled. I think we should all e-mail Robert Osborne personally. Maybe that'll get a response. 

I actually send a few letters the old-fashioned way - via snail mail - to several executives at the head office, Turner Broadcasting itself.  No replies yet.

Without the reminders, I find I watch TCM less frequently.  Which is probably OK, since TCM is not as good as it used to be.  What I don't understand is why they will not remove the reminder option, since they clearly have no intention of fixing it, and why they will not respond to the many viewers who have raised this issue with them.  Frustrating.

As of today - April 3, 2016 - I have never received a reply to any of the letters I sent to Turner executives.  Isn't it wonderful when a company cares about customer service???

As of today - April 3, 2016 - I have never received a reply to any of the letters I sent to Turner executives.  Isn't it wonderful when a company cares about customer service???

I tend to put reminders in an agenda of mine that I use to remind me of everything I have to do a particular day.  I also put theme days on my calendar such as the 100th birthday of Gregory Peck being 24 hours on TCM and not only in the  evening.

I can never remember when to watch the old TV shows on Me-TV.

So when one is coming on I have them call me on my cell phone. And they actually call 15 minutes before the show starts. Even if I don't feel like watching them that night, I start to Remember the Time.

I really liked it. I must have missed Svengoolie 4/5 times in a row before they started calling me.

I have given up with the Reminder notifications. Now I'm using my cell phone's appointment calendar to set reminders for everything I want to watch - on any channel.  

I was having this exact discussion on IMDb, about the reminders not working, with another poster there.  He sent me a private message in the spring saying it worked again for him, so I tried it, and it did work a few times...and then died again.

I have tried contacting someone about it through email and phone calls...nothing.  I agree with several posters that it's very bad business.  Obviously, people like the feature, so why not figure it out.  At the very least, post something about WHY it's not working. 

Not everyone has a smart phone glued to their body.  I work in a high security school (students are wanded in and no metal is allowed at all).  There are no phones, except school phones, allowed...even for staff...leave it in your car.  So, I have never gotten into the craze of needing to have it with me 24/7.  So, I liked the "old-fashioned" reminder.  Now, I miss viewing things. 

I have the Now Playing guide too, but regardless of how one looks up what they want to watch, remembering to set up the recording, when it's weeks in advance doesn't always happen.

So, if anyone has heard anything...pass it on, please.

I set an email reminder from the schedule page.. not the overview page. I just received that reminder and, because that's working, I should receive a follow-up email reminder 24 hrs before the film runs. We'll see.

As far as I know, setting email reminders from the overview page is still out-of-order.

I am using a desktop computer, so I think I am going through the schedule...not sure what an overview page is.

Also, where is the control panel?  I wanted to get all replies to this post.

I set a reminder a few days ago, and haven't gotten anything yet.

I am using a desktop computer, so I think I am going through the schedule...not sure what an overview page is.

Also, where is the control panel?  I wanted to get all replies to this post.

I set a reminder a few days ago, and haven't gotten anything yet.

After you sign-in click your name at the top of your screen > My Settings > Notification Options