One Hour With You

The Phantom President

American Madness

A Farewell to Arms

Love Me Tonight

Blonde Venus

Red Dust

• Like 2

I'm taking a short break from cursing at my computer screen to inform you that IMDb has decided to once again "improve" their website, and one of those improvements is removing most of the sorting options for a user's list of rated movies. While I keep written logs of what I've seen listed by year, it is only the titles. I frequently used the IMDb ratings page to narrow my list of what I've seen to a given year, and then narrowed the field down even more to top and bottom rated movies. This allowed me to make my top ten lists on here. Subsequently, with the removal by IMDb of all of those features, I will no longer be updating this thread as the work to compile them is more effort than it's worth.

7 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I'm taking a short break from cursing at my computer screen to inform you that IMDb has decided to once again "improve" their website, and one of those improvements is removing most of the sorting options for a user's list of rated movies. While I keep written logs of what I've seen listed by year, it is only the titles. I frequently used the IMDb ratings page to narrow my list of what I've seen to a given year, and then narrowed the field down even more to top and bottom rated movies. This allowed me to make my top ten lists on here. Subsequently, with the removal by IMDb of all of those features, I will no longer be updating this thread as the work to compile them is more effort than it's worth.

Here, a secret page on IMDb. You can sort by your rating. :)

http://www.imdb.com/search/title

Plus, also, although one has to vote again on all the films they have seen (unless they import their ratings from IMDb which is an option), there is Letterboxd, a site that it is much easier to sort results at.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

Here, a secret page on IMDb. You can sort by your rating. :)

http://www.imdb.com/search/title

Plus, also, although one has to vote again on all the films they have seen (unless they import their ratings from IMDb which is an option), there is Letterboxd, a site that it is much easier to sort results at.

Thanks! I still don't like that they've removed the sorting options on the ratings page. It really makes no sense to do so, unless it somehow saves them money, which is likely the case. I keep finding IMDB to be less helpful instead of moreso, with first the comments being removed, and now this "streamlining".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Thanks! I still don't like that they've removed the sorting options on the ratings page. It really makes no sense to do so, unless it somehow saves them money, which is likely the case. I keep finding IMDB to be less helpful instead of moreso, with first the comments being removed, and now this "streamlining".

Agreed. It has become a shell of itself there. Used to be a glorious site and now it is so irritating. But maybe though I am biased since I used to be a daily contributor on their forum for Oscars and Movie Awards. Well the site closed up, but me and many of the other posters, a lot of them good friends, packed up and post elsewhere now. And the site itself is very unfriendly for users now.

Maybe you could migrate your data to some kind of software that has sorting?  I use filemaker as one of my sources for my film diaries.  You've seen a heulluva lot of films so it will most likely be time consuming but at least you will no longer be internet reliant.

1 minute ago, Bogie56 said:

Maybe you could migrate your data to some kind of software that has sorting?  I use filemaker as one of my sources for my film diaries.  You've seen a heulluva lot of films so it will most likely be time consuming but at least you will no longer be internet reliant.

I'm not sure how that works with a laptop that has much smaller memory. I'm not tech savvy, but I think any bulk data storage would have to be done via cloud services, which I trust as much as IMDb. 

I thought about the program, as you've told me about it in the past, when this issue with IMDb cropped up. I'll look into it.