Sign in to follow this  
movieman1957

Movie Kisses

37 posts in this topic

MSNBC.com writer Erik Lundergaard has written an article celebrating movie kisses. He mentions obvious ones like Casablanca, From Here To Eternity, even Lady and The Tramp among others. What are some of your favorite kisses?

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/1127793/ (Try that, I don't know how to copy links, sorry)

My favorite kiss is when Clark Gable kisses Vivien Leigh for the first time in GWTW. Too bad Scarlett didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

Nope, link didn't work, I had to go to MSN's home page. I don't know if I'm any better at it than you are, but I'll try to copy it. Good article. BTW, why am I gettin 'nobr' at the beginning and end of my post? What does it mean?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11257793/

For more on this topic, discussed before here:

http://forums.turnerclassicmovies.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=1227&start=75#26546

or Tim Dirks has written five pages of his own, with pictures, starting here:

http://www.filmsite.org/filmkisses.html

and my faves (as always;-) are here:

http://www.classicfilmguide.com/index.php?s=essays&item=16

John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in The Quiet Man. When they are out walking in the field and they get all wet in the rain...the steam is coming off of their clothes!!! Man oh Man. James Stewart & Donna Reed in It's a Wonderful Night, when He is trying so hard Not to kiss her and she is crying...woooww! And who can forget Burton & Taylor in Cleopatra. I know the dialogue was so the lame but their kisses were so hot it should have melted the camera lens!

Barbara Stanwyck kisses Henry Fonda, in The Lady Eve. She sure puts that man thru alot. Poor Hopsy....as she calls him.

Handsome Fonda. Cute & charming Stanwyck.

They make such a good couple.

In Cinema Paradiso the projectionist saves all the kiss scenes that the local priest made him cut from all the movies that were shown in town, and leaves it to his apprentice who has gone on to become a filmmaker, after he dies. One of the most moving scenes in the history of film.

I was on a website and it talked about how almost every kiss (in a musical at least) is interrupted. I started noticing that a lot more after reading that.

The pinheaded censors lonnnnng ago dictated a 20 second rule to kissing, didn't they? Which Alfred Hitchcock...clever man, he...got around in Suspicion by having Grant and Bergman (hot, hot, hot together) break off their kiss and then........kiss again.

*sigh*

I think the above is true, I defer to the experts here.

Yes I agree with you and the Hitchcock kisses. If you talk about the Suspicion kiss you have to also talk about the Notorious kisses between Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant.

A kiss that I thought was nice too was the kiss between Eva Marie Saint and Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront. That kiss literally broke Eva Marie Saint down.

That's one long *sigh* for ya!

Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy in "Woman of the Year"--both the scene where he kisses her at the airport and she almost walks into a door afterwards and the moodily lit clinches in her apartment later

"A Foreign Affair" when John Lund chases Jean Arthur around the file room, with her quoting "The Ride of Paul Revere" until he catches her in a corner, then she turns the tables on him in the last scene (funny)

And in the stupid but cute category, when Princess Amelia gets her "foot-poppin' kiss from her crush in the garden in "The Princess Diaries"

"The Princess Diaries" was a adorable and cute firm. My daughter wanted me to watch both movies. I agreed, cause she watches some classic movies with me.

To my surprise, they were pretty good. She read the books, and wanted to see how the movie was. I think Mia, must of watched to many old movies............but, she did get that foot-poppin kiss.

My favorite kiss is in the classic film "Maytime' between Nelson Eddy and Jeanette MacDonald. The scene under the tree was great but the scene where they kiss in the final part of the opera they were performing was enough to light a fire in my heart.

I watched them with my daughter too--and read the books, which bear only a passing resemblance to the movies. Closer to the young adult category than the Disney Channel set, really, but very, very funny. **** reading them. (Yeah, I read kid's books--you got a problem with that? LOL)

My favorite is in The Notebook.A film directed by John Cassavetes' son.The best one is when she goes back to him after seven years and they kiss all of a sudden in the rain.

This is not a really old movie but the first kiss in the movie Love Story with RyanO'Neal and Ali McGraw was really beautiful and the melodic piano playing in the background .

My favourites are:

Of course, Bogie and Bacall in "To Have and Have Not"

Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed in "It's a Wonderful Life"

Clark Gable and Vivan Leigh in "Gone With the Wind"

Jack Nicholson and Helen Hunt in "As Good as It Gets"

Colin Firth and Renee Zellwegger in "Bridget Jones' Diary"

My favourite is always Notorious with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman when they are kissing and nuzzling while he answers the phone. WOW!