Sign in to follow this  
gmabfd

Who is....

67 posts in this topic

Wow, Very good. I didn't remember J. Fiedler, I recall Dick Sargent. The second, Darrin, of "Bewitched." Good movie. Love Grant.

A young man mets a young lady. Tells her, he'll pay her just to pretend she's his fiance. His father is dying. Things change, father isn't dying, they begin to fall for each other & the real fiance shows up.

Who is...............What Movie? PS. The young lady sings beautifully in this movie.

Well they had an episode of Three's Company that was similiar to that plot line but of course that doesn't answer your question. Where was Dick Sargent in That Touch of Mink? At the credit card company? gmabfd J. Fiedler played the man at the end that was having his honeymoon spoliled by interruptions from Young and Grant and he has a hilarious conversation with his mother.

IT STARTED WITH EVE

Bob Cummings (great actor) and Deanna Durbin. (She pushes the grand piano, into the large entrance. Sings a song for the father, while he's in his bedroom.)

Dick Sargent was another honeymooner, in That Touch Of Mink. Harry,(Sargent) smoking a cigarette, by the swimming pool. Grant & him make small talk.

You should watch the movie.

Besides Pooh and movies, wasn't Fiedler on that tv show, "WKRP in Cincinnati?"

Children may not know him, his voice, they know right away.

I don't think he was in WKRP but he had regular roles in The Bob Newhart Show and The Odd Couple. Both of these were about the same time as WKRP.

Yes, the character you are thinking about for WKRP is probably the newsman Les Nesman, who was played by someone else.

Thanks. Movieman1957. He was so many shows, back then. I remember he was on "Hart to Hart."

Working in a prison machine shop, a man invents a gun for the Army. The man was pardoned after serving eight years, for second-degree murder.

Who is...........What movie?

Yes, Jimmy Stewart.

Several ladies room together, in a large house. To save money, during war time. They work at the factory. One of them, later has a baby. Then learns of her husband's death.

Who is.....What movie?

Yes, with Ginger Rodgers.

A man and woman, join together, to track down the men who killed her father. They become friends,even tho she preaches to him, along the way.

Was it "Rooster Cogburn?" I know that Kate Hepburn preached at him throughout the movie, but I can't remember who they were after. That's why I picked "True Grit." They were looking for Kim Darby's father's murderer and she did try to give him moral advice.

Yes,Rooster Cogburn. Understandable. I didn't realize the storylines were so close. This was the only movie, Duke and Kate did, together. Preaching at him, was the key words. Cause, she was quoting the bible.

Young married couple live with her family. Parents go thru ups & downs. The father cherishs his prize roses. It's a ROLL of the dice, makes the ending.

Who is..............What Movie? Really funny stuff.

The young married couple is....Barbara Bates & Robert Wagner. The parents....Claudette Colbert & MacDonald Carey. In, "LET'S MAKE IT LEGAL." The parents are suppose to be divorced by midnight. Carey doesn't want to leave his prize roses, goes to jail for being at the house, to get them. Colbert learns of the bet made,(between the two guys, her husband & her old flame), before they were married. It was the ROLL of the dice. Which in the end, Carey bets her, to roll the dice. Knowing he'll win, again. She then, understands, he loved her all the time.