Sign in to follow this  
gmabfd

Age with Grace

37 posts in this topic

Growing up, I recall thinking, Grace Kelly was the most beautiful lady. She's was so refine. Her acting was simply, graceful. When she became older, Grace was still, very beautiful.

Then or now, Sean Connery. His good looks & great voice, added to his charm.

Like his movies, he gets better with age. Yes.

He wasn't just Bond, to me. Great actor.

Very few did it as well as Cary Grant. As he got older his body kept its shape. (At some point I think he looks thinner than in the early 40's). I think he remained as handsome. Unfortunately for the ladies they had to go through those ridiculous hairstyles in the 60's. Audrey Hepburn, Kim Novak, Maureen O'Hara are others I think still are/were very attractive as they aged.

Connery is interesting because it's as he's somebody different than he was in the "Bond" days. He is still handsome in a rugged sort of way. That may have helped him get out of the "Bond" niche. To me he looks like a completely different guy. That's not bad, just different.

Cyd Charisse aged beautifuly.

Even though she's not a classic actress I think Emmylou Harris aged well. She looks more beautiful now then she did in her 30's.

I got to agree with Cary Grant, the only way you could tell he got older was by the color of his hair.

Gene Wilder as also aged amazingly well.I read his autobiography, which is a great book, you all should read it, and he didn't look all that different. Many of the female actresses have also aged wonderfully.

Audrey Hepburn is most certainlty one. Older pictures of her want to make you sit there and say, "how can she look that good at that age?"

Lauren Bacall as also aged really really well. She doesn't look as old as you would expect her to since she was in so many films with Bogey.

Hello,

Jimmy Stewart is 'ruggedly handsome' in movies he starred in after WWII. For example, "The Naked Spur".

Before WWII? Jimmy looked a bit wimpy.

Rusty

"The Naked Spur"

Is that the gay cowboy movie everyone is talking about?

Not that I'm a fan, but Bernadette Peters doesn't seem to be aging. I just saw Lindsay Wagner on some commercial and she's been preserved well too.

MattHelm,

I bet some person takes a brief glance at your post and my preceding message. Not really reading either of the items--the person will start the rumor, "Jimmy Stewart was probably gay".

Oh no! This post may be a confirmation of the Stewart-gay rumor. Thus 'elevating' rumor status into 'common knowledge'.

"So it goes."

~Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Rusty

Sad, but true. We need to comprehend, what we are reading. I believe, there's some people who know, it's just joking.

Jacilyn Smith, is still very beauitful. I always thought, she was the prettiest, of all the angels.

Harrison Ford, still looks good. I always liked his slighty,crooked smile. He just looks older.

Kurt Russell is finally starting to show his age. Thank goodiness. I thought, we were the only ones, getting old.

Funny man, Steve Martin, aged gracefully like Cary Grant. Their faces never aged. Just there hair. Which was nice. Seems, they didn't have to prove anything, at any age. They were themselves. Adorable.

<<"The Naked Spur" Is that the gay cowboy movie everyone is talking about?>>

Matt, you are dead wrong on this.......I believe the accurate title you were looking for was "ButtCrack Mountain"?????

> Not that I'm a fan, but Bernadette Peters doesn't

> seem to be aging.

Bernadette sang a song "Gee Whiz", back in the 70's. We thought it was quite good. She can sing.

Loni Anderson, still looks pretty good.

Pierce Brosnan is very handsome, for his age.

I thought Terry Moore looked terrific in last year's "I Am King Kong" documentary. She's got to be closing in on 80......but yes, I would.

You haven't seen her up close and in-person. I wish I had a nickel for every cosmetic surgery procedure she must've had.

Sean Connery is one who just gets better looking as he ages. Cary Grant too. Why is it that men just look better with a few "character lines?"

To quote Margo Channing"I hate men." LOL

she hasn't been in the spot light for 9 years but i know that lena horne aged so right....i know she started letting her hair gray, but i'm curious as to how she looks now.

I always thought Cyd Charisse was gorgeous, but her more recent surgeries have made one of her eyes droop painfully.

Plastic surgery for reasons other than fixing disfigurement just makes me shudder; I'll take wrinkles, and try to be a pretty little old lady.

I think Catherine Deneuve looks gorgeous; she's still so beautiful, she's even one of the new faces of MAC Cosmetics with her one special line!

That's funny. Last Sunday, on "Grey's Anatomy"'s , a patient's husband told her doctor that, "You look alot like Catherine Deneuve". He kept telling her how striking she was. See, the past comes to the present.

How about the greatest actor of all, James Cagney. Danccing on the table with Bob Hope in Seven little Foys.

Another person comes to mind. Been watching him for years. Dick Clark. He's adorable.

I had a crush on him, way back on American Bandstage (b&w). He still looks good. Glad his health is improving. He did many other programs, hosted parades, and rock in our new years, for years. Thanks Dick.

As long as we?re talking about stars who have aged with grace, I would have to say that Angela Lansbury has as well. She?s only had a few minor cosmetic surgeries (a facelift, I believe, and an eyelift) back in her Murder, She Wrote days. The years have been kind to her, and I think she was always a very pretty lady. She still is quite pretty, in my opinion, and I think she looks so beautiful in this photo. The watermark is covering her slightly, but you can still see her.

o553rc.jpg

Edited by: StageQueen on Jan 18, 2010 8:43 PM

I believe you are right StageQueen and she looks awesome for her age....the work she had done "allegedly" was very subtle...as was her bff's Bea Arthur.

Now Betty Hutton and Gloria Graham's lips are a whole different thread on surgery gone wrong...