Sign in to follow this  
jana4221

Don Knotts

11 posts in this topic

I am on a campaign to have a night of Don Knotts movies played on TCM. I would love to see his movies as a tribute to his passing. I loved The Ghost and Mister Chicken, The reluctant Astronaut, and the one I hold most dearly and would love my children to see, The incredible Mister Limpid. I would appreciate anyone telling me how I may go about doing this. I have requested his movies numerous times before his death but to no avail. I have written suggestions, pleads and other beggings of the ones in power there at TCM. I have noticed that lately CLASSICS on TCM are not old nor are they CLASSICS and am losing faith in the selections they are choosing. I see the same movies over and over again but don't actually see the ones I remember as classics. I love old movies and will continue to watch TCM because they have always been the really only source available for the movies I love. I just want to know how I may make my opinions known to the ones who choose what we are able to see.

Thank You,

Sincerely,

Janice Adler

Janice:

I love those movies also and are classics, but age does not necessarily make a classic. I could name ten (current) movies by our standards that have withstood the short test of time. Although this is purely subjective, I love TCM, and am very thankful we even have this option. It is hard to please everyone remember, and we are very lucky. I hope you get your movies soon. But aren't the movies in general great. They have done an excellent job.

Tony

I agree with Janice. I would love to see "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" on TCM along with the other two movies she has mentioned. I believe that "The Incredible Mr. Limpett" has been on TV before, but I am not sure if it has been on TCM or not. I may have seen it on AMC, though. The Ghost and Mr. Chicken was my first movie that I seen with Don as the star and it was a kind of creepy scary movie, but in an hilarious way. I loved the sound of the keyboards in that movie, when he would go up to the organ room. Don was a great comedian and he will be sorely missed.

JerPil

Hi I loved The Ghost and Mr Chicken too .My brother took me to see it at the theater when I was a kid .It would be nice for TMC to show it .

I was fortunate to have seen "Wake Me When It's Over" on FXM. The movie had it's funny moments even though it was a more serious role for Don Knotts.

Don Knotts 4 Movie Reluctant Hero Pack DVD set (The Ghost And Mr. Chicken / The Reluctant Astronaut / The Shakiest Gun In The West / The Love God?) is available at Amazon for only $13 and I've seen Incredible Mr. Limpet on sale for as cheap as $5 at the local Circuit City.

Thought you and your son would like to see 1981 The Private Eyes with Don Knotts and Tim Conway fillmed at the Biltmore House in North Carolina I was there when they were fillming it about 10 years old.It was cool

1 of my "ALL" time favorite Don Knotts films "The Private Eyes" Which Co-stars: Tim Conway!

I remember my mother taking me to see this film when it 1st came to theaters, & then several years there after catching it on TV at various times! I was happy happy to finally see that it came to DVD a few years back!

The basic plot of "The Private Eyes" is that the pair are assigned the murder investigation of Lord and Lady Morley. The case involves a big dark house, ghosts, and a questionable staff & then hilarity ensues!

"The Private Eyes" is available at Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Private-Eyes-Tim-Conway/dp/6305976481/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1201804988&sr=1-1

The Best Don Knotts Films:

Pleasantville

The Private Eyes

The Apple Dumpling Gang

The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again

The Ghost and Mr. Chicken

The Incredible Mr. Limpet

Yes, I have to agree too that I would love for them to show "The Ghost and Mr Chicken." I have raised my children to love this movie and now my grandchildren! Another of Don Knotts very funny movies is "How to Frame a ****," it doesn't appear that anyone mentioned this one. It has the same humor as TGaMC so if you like that film you would love this one too. Let's petition TCM to show a Don Knotts movie!!

I would add two more movies to that list. One is Shakiest Gun In The West- a pretty funny remake of The Paleface. The other is Gus the Pigskin Mule...ijust for the very idea of casting Don as the head coach of an NFL team! LOL