banido

Holiday Movies

3 posts in this topic

I am truly disappointed in the Holiday Movie offerings this year on TCM.  With all the wonderful, classic movies available, I'd hoped there would be a wider selection to watch.  We have been getting hammered with Christmas commercials and programming since October, which I pretty much ignored until December 1st.  Now, when I'd like to sit down with a cup of cocoa and watch The Bishops Wife, or Holiday Inn, or any other classic, it seems TMC has decided to get out of the Christmas programming altogether this last week before Christmas. Oh, SURE, Christmas Eve and Day has plenty of holiday movies to watch,  but who watches television on those two days.  You've disappointed me AGAIN this Christmas season TMC.  At a time when we could use the holiday classics to warm our souls, we're getting sappy movies from Hallmark and Lifetime.  Please get it together for next year, won't you?

I am truly disappointed in the Holiday Movie offerings this year on TCM.  With all the wonderful, classic movies available, I'd hoped there would be a wider selection to watch.  We have been getting hammered with Christmas commercials and programming since October, which I pretty much ignored until December 1st.  Now, when I'd like to sit down with a cup of cocoa and watch The Bishops Wife, or Holiday Inn, or any other classic, it seems TMC has decided to get out of the Christmas programming altogether this last week before Christmas. Oh, SURE, Christmas Eve and Day has plenty of holiday movies to watch,  but who watches television on those two days.  You've disappointed me AGAIN this Christmas season TMC.  At a time when we could use the holiday classics to warm our souls, we're getting sappy movies from Hallmark and Lifetime.  Please get it together for next year, won't you?

Well I'm glad TCM has reduced the Christmas movies this season.    They get shown enough.

I am disappointed that they show the same movies over and over.  One Christmas they showed "The Cheaters" with Joseph Schildkraut and I have never seen it listed again.  There are also many movies, including Noir that take place during Christmas.  It would be nice for someone to research movies other than the standard ones that take place during Christmas and do a day or more of just those movies not usually thought of as Christmas.  And repeat these, especially The Cheaters more than once through the month.