Sign in to follow this  
JanePowellFan

Who had the best figure in movies?

81 posts in this topic

i totally agree with you!!!! rita hayworth is so hypnotizing; especially in gilda. that scene in the lady from shanghai where she's singing on the boat, i couldn't take my eyes off her face. the most beautiful woman in the movies, not to mention the world was sharon tate. she didn't get the chance to go very far, and that's heartbreaking. brigitte bardot had a great figure too. those 3 are the best 3.

Don't know Ms. Zorina. Where might I find a photo of her? I'm intrigued.

Back about 40 years ago,when I first saw Vera Zorina in,"The Goldwyn Follies", I thought she had a terrific figure!

Yup! She did! Why don't we see more stuff of Eartha? I am always singing, "Santa Baby!" Young people never heard that song, and when I tell them who she was, they don't know. Not even if I say Cat Woman!

Young people know Eartha Kitt, it's just that we "older" people don't know the correct clues to give them. For instance, Miss Kitt is presently the voice of Yzma on the Disney channel's animation hit The Emperor's New School. She was also in Holes, a movie that was very popular with kids when it came out three years ago.

She made a few movies in the '50's, and Batman, of course, in the 60's; but the mainstay of her career has been stage and cabaret work. I was fortunate to see her in Sondheim's Follies in Berlin in the early 90's. She's a legend that keeps on working, thank goodness!

I know the song "Santa Baby" but if I heard you on the street singing it in July or August ( You said "I'm always singing it" ) I would walk the opposite way from you! :)

Message was edited by:

TOOMANYNOTES

I am also a huge Myrna Loy fan.Not only did that lady have a beautiful figure,but she had the prettiest face to grace the screen.She was just as pretty as Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn.The fact that Myrna was a redhead adds to my attraction to her.....I've always loved redheaded women

I like Maureen O' Hara, (McLintock), Barbara Stanwyck (The Lady Eve ), and Linda Darnell ( All About Eve ) there are many more, and will post them later.

Ester Williams

Ginger Rogers

Ava Gardner

Rita Hayworth

Actually so many looked perfect.....but in those days the studio knew how to dress them right to cover flaws and accentuate the possitive. They weren't allowed to go around dressed like slobs even when they weren't filming.

The ones I mention, had great legs!

JEAN HARLOW

There were many others as well, but she was my favorite. George Hurrell and Charles Sinclair Bull seem to agree with me here.