Sign in to follow this  
romanticatheart

Olivia De havilland / Errol Flynn

10 posts in this topic

If and when The great Olivia Dehavilland comes out with her autobiogaphy. Of which I hope is sooner than later....... What do you think she will mention if any about the lat great Errol Flynn?

She has a lot to say about him in my Olivia de Havilland article at the "Classic Images" website. Hurry if you want to read it before the end of the month, when it's replaced by Part 2 of the article.

It's at:

http://www.classicimages.com

She tells how she felt about Errol in quite a bit of detail. Click onto "Current Issue" when you get to the website--and then Olivia's name.

Neil

Very enjoyable, factual article Neil. I've just finished reading a biography on the sisters and don't recall it mentioning that Joan suggested Olivia for the role of Melanie in GWTW, that was interesting to read. Let us know when the second half is posted, please.

A&E's "Biography",the channel here, she did suggest that her sister, might play the part of Melanie. Olivia tried out and the rest is history.

The tribute starts Thursday evening with "The Adventures of Robin Hood" and "Hold Back the Dawn" on the same bill. Concludes July 1 with a showing of "Gone with the Wind" on her 90th birthday.

Other films: To Each His Own, The Strawberry Blonde, The Heiress, Princess O'Rourke, My Cousin Rachel, Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte, The Snake Pit, Light in the Piazza, They Died With Their Boots On. She appears in person the night of The Heiress.

Neil

I am really pleased that they are doing a tribute to Olivia for her 90th birthday.

Not many of the classic film stars are still around, and we are all lucky to have Olivia. She was/is a tremendous actress.

THE ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD and HOLD BACK THE DAWN are on Friday the 16th at the L.A. County Museum, not Thursday.

Tonight, Thursday, the 15th, was the Motion Picture Academy's tribute to DeHavilland (at which clips from the above films were shown, of course), from which I have just returned. It was a lovely evening: the audience fell in love with Miss DeH, and she with them.

Afterward, I had a very nice chat with the evening's host, Bob Osborne, whom I've met in the past (we had a mutual friend).

Cinesage - so glad to hear you were able to go to the Olivia tribute!

Did Robert Osborn happen to mention whether he will be taping a "Private Screenings" with Olivia for TCM? Thank you - Lisa