Sign in to follow this  
coolrob1955

Favorite Gay Actor

102 posts in this topic

I believe the name of this topic is:

Favorite Gay Actor >>

Kevin Spacey

oobleckboy, I couched my response with:

Answer.....if the press reports are true, Kevin Spacey.

Lighten up. If he isn't, then I choose Nathan Lane.

I read recently that Barbara Stanwyck and Agnes Moorhead were Gay, if so these wonderful actresses go to the top of the list.

Regards

Rock was believable as the love interest. Period. The argument that the movies are ruined for some people, because they know his preference, makes as much sense as not liking Dustin Hoffman in Rainman, because he isn't autistic in 'real life'.

It's called acting.

Truth be told, it was the late sixties when I first heard the rumors of he and a male tv star, and ever since then, I had the feeling it was partially true (not of a wedding, but that they were both gay), so maybe it wasn't such a shock when he revealed the source of his devastating disease. I'm convinced 'old' Hollywood had many a closeted soul, as does the 'new'. So what of it? Either watch their movies for the pure enjoyment of the story, or don't watch. Personally I think the prejudiced ones lose.

Good for you Mertry. I think you jumped a hurdle, when you could appreciate Rock on the screen, for the character he played. Personally, I think he had one of the best voices in the biz which, no doubt, helped his on-screen persona as being a ladies man. Sexy indeed.

i just found out marjorie main was a lesbian. barbara stanwyck, marlene dietrich would have to be my favorite bisexual actresses. laurence olivier, james dean, and marlon brando would have to be my favorite bisexual actors. joan plowright said in her memoirs that laurence olivier had a long relationship with danny kaye, while he was still married to vivien leigh.

I'm surprised to hear Anges Moorehead. I know Paul Lynn and Dick Sageant were gay. The cast of Bewitched.

I don't think Barbara Stanwyck was.

Doen't matter to me,either way. She was such a talented actress.

Thanks stoney - that article is much as I suspected - Spacey is denying being gay and there was no argument otherwise. I don't believe he is gay.

Before I get flamed, which I'm sure I will anyway, I want to point out that it's not whether or not someone is gay that I'm referring to here - it's the LIES that I believe are told.

TO EVERYONE - Don't you all think that most of this is speculation? Referring mostly to the dead actors/actresses. How are they going to prove otherwise? Someone can say anything they like about anyone after they're dead. I disbelieve 95% of the gay rumors I hear (maybe more). Just because someone is an actor does not mean they are gay or bi, like some people would have us believe. I do NOT believe that Barbara Stanwyck, Tyrone Power and many, many more - some who have even been discussed here - are gay. And Danny Kaye????????? Come on!

The only thing that Cesar Romero's biography (I haven't read it, just heard) did for me was make me despise Romero. He only WISHES that Tyrone Power would have looked at him "that" way. Unfortunately for old Brutus, Ty only had an eye for the women. I'd like to have seen Cesar spout that crap to Lana Turner!

Scarlett

I agree, scarlett. If Hollyweird spent as much time on perfecting their talent as they did on speculating who is or isn't gay, there might be more actors and less stars out there.

I don't know if Spacey is and I don't care. I think he's a very good actor. I believe Lane is and I don't care. I adore him, I think he's very good in certain roles, he is adorable, is abysmal in television (it's too small a medium for him), and almost busted a gut in the theater when I was fortunate enough to see The Producers...whilst all around me were hee hee'ing reservedly, by the way, and looking at me quite oddly for laughing from the bottom of my shoes.

But I'm lost...Cesar Romero??? He seemed as hetero as Desi Arnaz. No matter.

It's their business, and should neither be plastered all over the media nor be a basis on which to get work.

Apparently - from what I've heard - Cesar is gay - and in his bio claims he and Ty Power had a big fling at one time. I don't believe him - I used to kinda like him and now dislike him intensely because I think he's a liar.

Thanks for saying what I've been thinking. It depends on who says it. If the actor/actress said it themselves, fine. It's one person's word against another. Especially, if they're not living. Their acting should be what's important. Not what we think.

I may think alittle differently about Rock Hudson, than I use to. I still watch his movies. I still listen to Elton John's music.

Media can sure play up things. Like Princess Di's life and death. Leave her family alone. They know the real truth. Her sons only need to know,she loved them.

Thanks Stoneyburke and Scarlett, I totally agree. There are so many more important issues in the world.

Andreas Voutsinas as Carmen Ghia and Christopher Hewett as Roger DeBris in The Producers were very funny. Don't know if these actors were gay or just good actors. Their characters would have made a very good TV sitcom. 'The Very Odd Couple'

Regards

hehe, you like your men "manly"?? believe me, i know a LOT of "manly" gay men. to answer the question-- i probably have a few performance that come to mind but i'd assume one of my faves by a gay actor is one i've seen and didn't know he even was gay.

Randolph Scott!!!! I heard this awhile back from Osborne himself and he eluded to Scott having something going with Rock Hudson I believe. I still can't believe it though. I love almost anything by Scott and Hudson also! I won't go political here, but the one thing that bothers me is when it's "rammed down my thoat" (no pun intended.) Ann Heshe (sp?), what can I say... I just drool...it don't matter if she is. Now Barbara Stanwich... give me a break, you know I think I heard that William Bendix and Groucho Marx had a thing going at one time also. :)

And I heard that Randolph Scott lived with Cary Grant and they had something going.

*sigh*

Bendix and Groucho!!!!!!!!!!!....ewwwwwwwwww.

Not that there's anything wrong with it all, just that it's......well, ewwwwwwww.

Gay, bisexual, straight as the proverbial arrow--does it really matter as long as they are interesting to watch?

It's possible that being in the acting profession predisposes a person to sexual experimentation (or possibly the reverse.) Many of the theatre majors I knew in college swung both ways, male and female. Maybe it has to so with being easy with your body and sexuality (a lot of them were shameless exhibitionists too...LOL)