Sign in to follow this  
Reaper

New Here

11 posts in this topic

Hello to all, signed up here :) Big-time movie watcher, my favorite genres are Horror, Action and Science Fiction. This seems like a nice, laidback forum with a lot of friendly members. Look forward to having all kinds of discussions here :)

• Like 4

Hello Reaper, welcome to the Message Boards. I'm sure you'll find many fans of the action, horror and science fiction genres. Feel at home here, jump right in with any comments or observations you might want to share, and again, welcome.

• Like 1

Welcome to the boards Reaper! 

There are many people here who are fans of the Horror, Action and Science Fiction genres.  You should find many who could partake in interesting conversations about these genres.  

I hope to see you around.

Welcome aboard.

So, do you have any specific preferrences?

Pre code?  '40's?  From '30's through the '50's?  Noir?  or....

It don't matter, you love 'em all?  :)

And don't despair....an encyclopedic knowledge of film, film history, film actors and actresses, nor directors and cinematographers isn't really a prerequisite   Just a love of older movies, or just movies in general should do well.  After all....

This is a forum for open discussions mostly delving into the fare offered by Turner Classic Movies.  It is NOT a film study classroom.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

A love of older movies isn't a prerequisite either, Reaper.

If you post about the movies you're interested in, that's totally fine. There's a few of us who are more interested in TCM's showings of 70's, 80's and 90's film - so if that's your bag, you'll be appreciated.

Welcome aboard.

So, do you have any specific preferrences?

Pre code?  '40's?  From '30's through the '50's?  Noir?  or....

It don't matter, you love 'em all?  :)

And don't despair....an encyclopedic knowledge of film, film history, film actors and actresses, nor directors and cinematographers isn't really a prerequisite   Just a love of older movies, or just movies in general should do well.  After all....

This is a forum for open discussions mostly delving into the fare offered by Turner Classic Movies.  It is NOT a film study classroom.

Sepiatone

This should be a sticky here. 

To the OP.  Welcome aboard.

Since I don't fear the Reaper, may I welcome you most humbly to the TCM message board.

Horror and Sci-Fi are too of my favorite genres also, so I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome Reaper, all opinions are appreciated--from silents to post 1970 films.  Have a good time here discussing films.  You definitely have company as a horror and science fiction fan. :)

Hello to all, signed up here :) Big-time movie watcher, my favorite genres are Horror, Action and Science Fiction. This seems like a nice, laidback forum with a lot of friendly members. Look forward to having all kinds of discussions here :)

hey Reaper, whatta you think of that svengoolie fella on Me-TV?

have you any thoughts on the passing of angus scrimm?

Welcome to the boards, Reaper. You are interested in Horror, Action and Sci-Fi. You should check out the Genre Forum. There you will find specific forums for the genres you are interested in. Many more detailed conversations take place there.

The trouble sometimes is....

A movie genre like "Sci-Fi" can be also scattered into a few "sub-genres".   Like say, "1950's B-list cheapies", "Space travel"--"Outer space invaders",  "Time travel" and well, you get the drift.

Myself, I have no use for more modern Sci-Fi films that rely on some overdone cliches.....

Like inhabitants of a planet who are supposed to possess a highly advanced technology, yet all dress like Capuchin monks and  live in caves....

or...

All seem to have long braided hair or dreadlocks and dress like bikers.

So....where do YOU fall?  :)

Sepiatone