Reaper

Best Film In a Horror Series

31 posts in this topic

When it comes to horror, I still think the first one in a series is generally the best.  Two possible exceptions:  BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN and DAWN OF THE DEAD although personally I lean towards the first in those series probably because I didn't know what to expect the first time I saw them.  A lot of people like ALIENS more than ALIEN but I like the first one better because there is one monster and one beat up ship with a small crew and the action is confined to that setting.

Would Jurassic Park count as Horror? In a way the series sort of is, more Sci-Fi/Adventure but there's definitely a strong Horror aspect to them, I think. The upcoming new sequel, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom looks distinctively more Horror-oriented than the prior films.

In any case, the original film is easily the best by a landslide.

• Like 1

Saw the new Insidious last month and it was good, although Chapter 3 is still my favorite. I think this one is my second favorite thinking it over. I've enjoyed them all so far and welcome a fifth.

On 12/23/2017 at 5:32 PM, Reaper said:

Would Jurassic Park count as Horror? In a way the series sort of is, more Sci-Fi/Adventure but there's definitely a strong Horror aspect to them, I think. The upcoming new sequel, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom looks distinctively more Horror-oriented than the prior films.

In any case, the original film is easily the best by a landslide.

"Jurassic World " was very good and it did work as creature feature horror movie

I didn't really much like Jurassic World at all and felt it strayed too far from what made the original work. But it did seem the most Horror-like of the series so far.