Sign in to follow this  
NipkowDisc

on svengoolie tonite

423 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

I don't know what it is, but I find her very attractive

Image result for gloria holden photos

So Jim. Into that whole "Whips & Chains" thing too are ya???  ;)

LOL

4 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So Jim. Into that whole "Whips & Chains" thing too are ya???  ;)

LOL

No, maybe it's that "Goth" look that I like.

Just now, Det Jim McLeod said:

No, maybe it's that "Goth" look that I like.

Yeah, I've always kind'a liked that sort'a look too.

I know what ya mean.

(...my guess is that when we were little and caught our first glimpse of that sexy Wicked Queen in Disney's Snow White, it made a lasting impression upon us) ;)

• Haha 1

On Svengoolie tomorrow, Saturday, January 26, 2019: The Werewolf (1956). I don't know this film.

the_werewolf-1956_2.jpg

werewolf_1956_poster_02.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Swithin said:

On Svengoolie tomorrow, Saturday, January 26, 2019: The Werewolf (1956). I don't know this film.

I thought it was silly yet entertaining. It adds a 50's sci-fi flourish to the werewolf tale.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Swithin said:

the_werewolf-1956_2.jpg

werewolf_1956_poster_02.jpg

That top picture is not from the 1956 film, it's from a 1973 TV Movie called "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf"

3 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

That top picture is not from the 1956 film, it's from a 1973 TV Movie called "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf"

I was wondering about that. Google has it listed as from the 1956 film. Since I don't know the film, I couldn't be sure. In any case, it's very doggy looking, but not as cute as this werewolf from The Return of the Vampire:

Return-of-the-Vampire-The_06.jpg

• Haha 1

This werewolf likes the daylight. So much for "the autumn moon is bright." and the Mariphasa lupina lumina.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Swithin said:

This werewolf likes the daylight. So much for "the autumn moon is bright." and the "Mariphasa lupina lumina.

He's also created by a scientist's concoction rather than being bitten by another werewolf. :lol: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gershwin fan said:

He's also created by a scientist's concoction rather than being bitten by another werewolf. :lol: 

Yeah, that was the '50's sci-fi twist I was referring to above. Everyone was doing science back then. 💉

• Like 1

I have on my top shelf The Book of Werewolves: Being an Account of a Terrible Superstition, by Sabine Baring-Gould.  "The classic work on this dreadful subject." The Reverend Baring-Gould was a well known folklorist. The book is on Project Gutenberg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabine_Baring-Gould

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/5324/5324-h/5324-h.htm

• Like 2

I may have misheard, but I think Svengoolie said that next week this lovely creature will grace the screen:

MV5BYWQ4MDhhNDktYTlkNi00M2FhLTgzZGQtYjE4

• Like 3

The Board was down last night and this morning because a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD is approaching!

MV5BN2QzYWQzZDAtODU2OC00YzQ1LTlhMzUtMTcw

The Giant Claw is On Svengoolie tomorrow, Saturday, February 2, 2019.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was dragged to the theater by my classic movie buddy to see THE GIANT CLAW. It was one of the best experiences I've had. Let's see if it translates to the small screen. 

I like the tradition of horror hosts who fill in with fun trivia about the movie in the breaks. Often I only pay attention to the Svengoolie bits and play board games during the movie.

Woo-hoo! Saturday night for old fogies!

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

ECHH!

I HATE those things!  :angry:

But some are worth the time! :D

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, Swithin said:

I was wondering about that. Google has it listed as from the 1956 film. Since I don't know the film, I couldn't be sure. In any case, it's very doggy looking, but not as cute as this werewolf from The Return of the Vampire:

Return-of-the-Vampire-The_06.jpg

svengoolie said the werewolf makeup in The Werewolf was the same makeup from Return of the Vampire.

:)

20 hours ago, Swithin said:

The Board was down last night and this morning because a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD is approaching!

MV5BN2QzYWQzZDAtODU2OC00YzQ1LTlhMzUtMTcw

The Giant Claw is On Svengoolie tomorrow, Saturday, February 2, 2019.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Even watching THE GIANT CLAW on a big, beautiful 70" Sony didn't help it much.

Almost every turn MrTiki said "Why would the monster waste his time wrecking a truck/train/building?" (since he couldn't extract the people to eat) or "Oh sure, they just build a complicated machine in 2 hours to kill it" or "birds can't fly sideways!"

Although I found his logical comments distracting, I did kind of wonder where the male Claw was that helped make that egg...and why did the Claw emerge and attack NOW? But I kept it to myself and just enjoyed the ridiculousness of it.

He completely missed the fun of a horrible movie. Now you know why I have a "movie buddy" for these things.

• Haha 1

Yeah, well at LEAST he didn't think DESI ARNAZ and JAMES ARNESS were BROTHERS!  :o

or......

DID he?  ;)

Sepiatone

On Svengoolie tomorrow, February 9, 2019: 

Abbot and Costello Go to Mars

I don't think I've seen this film, at least not in the last few decades. Great supporting case, including Mari Blanchard, Anita Ekberg, Martha Hyer, and assorted beauty queens, including Miss Welcome to Long Beach and Miss New Jersey.

MV5BODgxNzU2OGQtNGU0Yy00ZjU4LTg5ODEtNGNm

abbott-and-costello-go-to-mars-lou-coste