Sign in to follow this  
katie1218

2016 Film Festival Schedule

5 posts in this topic

Hi all- I will be a first time attendee this year so I'm not familiar with how it all works. I was just curious when the full schedule might be released. I assume it won't be for a little while, but I didn't know if previous attendees may have a better idea of how far out it might be released. Thanks! 

Dear Katie,

So glad you stopped by!

Last year's TCM Film Festival was March 26-29, and the final schedule was released on March 9.

On January 20, Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were announced as special guests of the opening night screeing of "The Sound of Music." On January 23, 1919's "The Grim Game" was added to the schedule, and January 29, special guests were added. Then we also had small updates on more guests, screenings, and panels on 2-5, 2-11, 2-19, and 2-18.

Periodically, we will receive updates about events, Club TCM panels, special guests, and screenings.

Typically, we also receive at least one announcement in January highlighting more films, special guests, and/or screenings, and other announcements also arrive intermittently until we have the final schedule.

Here's a link to an article I wrote about festival announcement dates: https://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/2015/11/07/tcm-film-festival-pass-history-a-few-updates/

I think you will have a fabulous time. I've been to all six festivals, and I've always had a wonderful time mingling with fans, going to panels, and partiipating in screenings. You will be surprised at how many new friends you will make who love classic film, and you'll meet new pals while waiting in line for film screenings. I'm glad to hear you are attending.

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Sue Sue

Dear Katie,

So glad you stopped by!

Last year's TCM Film Festival was March 26-29, and the final schedule was released on March 9.

On January 20, Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer were announced as special guests of the opening night screeing of "The Sound of Music." On January 23, 1919's "The Grim Game" was added to the schedule, and January 29, special guests were added. Then we also had small updates on more guests, screenings, and panels on 2-5, 2-11, 2-19, and 2-18.

Periodically, we will receive updates about events, Club TCM panels, special guests, and screenings.

Typically, we also receive at least one announcement in January highlighting more films, special guests, and/or screenings, and other announcements also arrive intermittently until we have the final schedule.

Here's a link to an article I wrote about festival announcement dates: https://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/2015/11/07/tcm-film-festival-pass-history-a-few-updates/

I think you will have a fabulous time. I've been to all six festivals, and I've always had a wonderful time mingling with fans, going to panels, and partiipating in screenings. You will be surprised at how many new friends you will make who love classic film, and you'll meet new pals while waiting in line for film screenings. I'm glad to hear you are attending.

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Sue Sue

Thank you SO much for your response and for all of the information!! I can't wait to experience this for the first time!

• Like 1

Due to the fact that we have lost so many performers who supported the Festival during the past few years I've been worrying about its fate and quality in the future.  From what I've seen on the promos and read on the Board about this coming one there's nothing to fear.  This sounds like it's going to be one of the best yet.  I sincerely hope that all you merrymakers have the time of your lives and at its end those who put it together can feel a sense of satisfaction over the results.  ENJOY!  I'll be thinking of that little corner bar in the lobby where I met so many of you and toasting you all from here.  All my love! 

• Like 2

Thanks so much, wouldbestar. I am sending you a big virtual hug.

I think this year, like I do every year, is going to be even more exciting than previous incarnations of the TCM Film Festival. I'll be thinking of you in the lobby, and we'll all drink a toast to you!