Sign in to follow this  
Jillian13

The devils brigade

13 posts in this topic

I wish TVland would play it, there was another channel that was playing it, a movie I have always wanted to see. But unfortunitly I had to go out some place, tough luck for me.

You're unlikely to see it on TV Land. If it dosen't turn up on TCM you may only find it on a pay channel like Encore or Cinemax and even then probably in the middle of the night.

The Devil's Brigade is a quilty pleasure, almost falling into the so bad it's good category because of the stereotypes - Polite Canadians ( all wearing kilts) who either have Scots, British or French accents ( none say 'Eh') and rude, crude Americans who break the rules. Of course they don't get along initially but then bond before going into battle. The first half is played for laughs, the second is straight action and the scaling of a cliff and the following battle is quite good.

Canadians [myself included] are polite, have been known to utter the occasional "Eh" [as often as Americans say "Huh"], have accents of all sorts but...wearing kilts? Haven't yet, but life may have surprises in store...

I am sure there is a historical perspective that someone can provide here to shed light on this.

I haven't seen the film but it sounds like it's worth a look.

Kilts aren't quite regulation attire for scaling cliffs, are they? [chuckle]

The Devil's Brigade is an awesome movie....I own it on DVD of course since I collect war pictures...the punk band The Dropkick Murphy's wrote a song about it called The Devil's Brigade...

I past it on encore once, but It came on at a time when I had to leave the house, It would be nice if TCM would play it. Has TCM ever played The devil's brigade before???

you can rent the DVD.....they play the devils brigade on encore action network...you can type in devils brigade on tcm's search engine, searching the site, not the web and it will say wether or not it is playing or has played.....cheers...